[3.5] Guffin's Rain of Hope (Shredder) | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
eaglecnt wrote:

Got the 12% :)

Gz on the awesome Craft! Gonna include that in the Guide as an example for a next to perfect Helmet later on :)

How is the Build going?

"
grabendelle wrote:
Hey, just came here to thank you for this amazing build. I came back to the game after quitting during Awakening and my goal was to clear all the hard content that had been released since then. Thanks to this build I can farm Uber Elder very comfortably. I did make the swap to Scourge Arrow as its damage is truly busted. So cheers for making my returned player experience a breeze:)

Very glad to hear that mate!

Gz on the nice kills and gear, happy my Build could help you along the way :)
Taste of Hate is a bit questionable with Loreweave, as it only works out to be 16% Phys Mitigation (20*0.8), cause your maxres can't be higher than 80 with Loreweave, and a Basalt gives 15% Mitigation while also allowing for an additional Immunity roll.
The Lifeflask Choice is interesting as well, why choose that? Lifeflasks in general are unnecessary, and a slow Regen one even moreso :D

All that said, as long as it works out for you everything is fine! And evidently, it DID work out :)

"
Guffinn wrote:

Gz on the nice kills and gear, happy my Build could help you along the way :)
Taste of Hate is a bit questionable with Loreweave, as it only works out to be 16% Phys Mitigation (20*0.8), cause your maxres can't be higher than 80 with Loreweave, and a Basalt gives 15% Mitigation while also allowing for an additional Immunity roll.
The Lifeflask Choice is interesting as well, why choose that? Lifeflasks in general are unnecessary, and a slow Regen one even moreso :D

All that said, as long as it works out for you everything is fine! And evidently, it DID work out :)

Oh, I only use the life flask during Uber Elder in case of disaster, as in dying and coming back to an arena with degen ground before my leech kicks in. Normally have a stibnite there. As for Taste of Hate, yeahhhh, it hasn't felt too impactful, but I wanted to try it out since it's so expensive. Well the freeze avoidance comes in handy sometimes. Thanks for the tips:D
Last edited by grabendelle on Nov 15, 2018, 5:10:00 AM
"
Guffinn wrote:
Spoiler
"
eaglecnt wrote:

Got the 12% :)

Gz on the awesome Craft! Gonna include that in the Guide as an example for a next to perfect Helmet later on :)
How is the Build going?

Pretty damn great to be honest! Super satisfying to be shattering things again, and having overleech feels good.
So far Red Elder, Guardians and Shaper went down easy - Shaper did kill me 2x but it was only my third Shaper run and I did 2 stupid things (walked out of Zana's shield into a purple fluff ball, and then pathed directly at him after I respawned and ate the golden balls)... I really want take down Uber Atziri and Uber Elder before the league ends (never tried either), so I'm going get a couple more levels into my character and throw all my currency into it over the next couple of weeks :)

I have about 15ex to spend now - so with my current gear do you reckon I'm better off upgrading my jewelry and gems? Maybe another meek would help? Or saving a few more ex for a Unnatural Instinct? I can't squeeze much more out of boots, gloves, bow or helm without spending a fortune, so maybe there isn't much else left.

Fingers crossed for no crippling 3.5 nerfs on your builds! I plan to start the next league with BF/Reave McFlurry - I feel like gearing for that will be easier up to red maps in a new league given the key uniques are cheap :)
Last edited by eaglecnt on Nov 15, 2018, 8:09:46 AM
Ok so I transitioned here from the "other" build and decoied to rework my lvl 80 guy from that to this based on the reading I did on both forum posts. So far I am enjoying this more than SA even though I had my heart set on SA. I am still a work in progress but I must say I like the build guide as written, easy to follow and the build is great.
"
eaglecnt wrote:
Pretty damn great to be honest! Super satisfying to be shattering things again, and having overleech feels good.
So far Red Elder, Guardians and Shaper went down easy - Shaper did kill me 2x but it was only my third Shaper run and I did 2 stupid things (walked out of Zana's shield into a purple fluff ball, and then pathed directly at him after I respawned and ate the golden balls)... I really want take down Uber Atziri and Uber Elder before the league ends (never tried either), so I'm going get a couple more levels into my character and throw all my currency into it over the next couple of weeks :)

I have about 15ex to spend now - so with my current gear do you reckon I'm better off upgrading my jewelry and gems? Maybe another meek would help? Or saving a few more ex for a Unnatural Instinct? I can't squeeze much more out of boots, gloves, bow or helm without spending a fortune, so maybe there isn't much else left.

Fingers crossed for no crippling 3.5 nerfs on your builds! I plan to start the next league with BF/Reave McFlurry - I feel like gearing for that will be easier up to red maps in a new league given the key uniques are cheap :)

Hey mate, really glad to hear you enjoy the time :)

As for upgrades: your Jewellry etc. is already pretty good. Sure you could upgrade it (Opal bases with Wed, flat Cold Damage, more Accuracy, Attack Speed), but there is no glaring Slot to "fix".
Maybe recraft the Life on the Belt to 60+ :P
I'd say look into getting an Unnatural Instinct. While the strength isn't really proportional to the Price, it is a minmax Upgrade Option. And that's how it goes with these.
Otherwise get slightly better Rings and fill out some Gems (20/20 Mirage, BR, maybe the Curse Stuff)

Lastly, maybe look into the Survivalist Cluster again. Didnt check in PoB, but do you need the Res? Because the +1 Max Cold Res doesn't work with Loreweave, that's more for the HC Variant with Kaoms.

Hope I could give you an Idea, altho the Char looks fantastic already :)

And yes, I also hope my Builds "survive". My Melee one is due for some nerfs one way or another, but I think it can weather it. But if Scion Slayer Leech dies, this Build here does too. Would have to replace Hopeshredder with some dexstacking Bow or smth.
We'll see how it turns out :) Currently trying to make some money on Standard to get the pieces for the Build back together so that I'm ready to record new Videos if it's necessary.

"
RipKevlar wrote:
Ok so I transitioned here from the "other" build and decoied to rework my lvl 80 guy from that to this based on the reading I did on both forum posts. So far I am enjoying this more than SA even though I had my heart set on SA. I am still a work in progress but I must say I like the build guide as written, easy to follow and the build is great.

Very glad to hear that dude!

Thanks for the kind words, and yes: SA is tough to get used to, and some people just don't like it.

If you need help along the way, feel free to come check back with us for help. Gl and hf :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Nov 17, 2018, 9:14:56 PM
Hey, thank you for this wonderful guide, I'm up to try it in 3.5
Could you also recomend a good item filter? Thanks
Heyho, thanks for sharing.
First of all this build is written really really well.
Respect for that.

Iam coming back to PoE for 3.5 and atm iam looking for Starter Builds.
This looks very promising as a League starter i got some questions tho.

1. How easy would Lab be with this Character in early Stages to maybe farm Lab in the early days? ( I guess like a "generic" bow build kinda hard/annoying to get oneshooted )

2. How fast would Shredder be available in the early Stages of a League? Correct me if iam wrong but didnt it drop from Elder? I guess we wont see it in the first few days and even if wouldnt it be still be expensive tho its a "trash" unique?
Last edited by marcel2142 on Nov 22, 2018, 2:36:46 PM
Nice guide, I was wondering what more I can do to help my character, im getting a few more res jewels to reach max res, but I still am not seeing a lot of damage and am wondering why the staying alive during a boss is tough, run out of mana too much. Also getting another meek for the 2x meek tree. Character privacy is open so you can view to help.
Thanks for any help towards the character.
Last edited by iVisionary on Nov 23, 2018, 6:11:21 PM
"
Protamine wrote:
Hey, thank you for this wonderful guide, I'm up to try it in 3.5
Could you also recomend a good item filter? Thanks

Yo mate, cool to see your interest in the Build :)

That said, I can't really straight up recommend you an Item Filter. My own one is customized for myself and my specific gameplay, so that would make no sense. Especially seing that you're a very new player :P

That said, these are the common Filter Websites:
https://www.filterblade.xyz/
This is Neversinks Website. There you can get his preset custom Lootfilters, which the vast majority of the Community uses.
Also, as you get more experienced and progress through a League, you will be able to customize the appearance etc. of certain Items on there.
He will update the Site for the new League a Day before said League arrives, most of the Time.
https://filterblast.oversoul.xyz/
Is a collection of many other community made Filters, that is also used by many.

For any new players, I'd recommend watching through these detailed Video Guides:
Engineering Eternitys Beginner Guide Series (also covers Loot Filters)
Engineering Eternitys Guide for useful Tools
Engineering Eternitys Guide Levelling through the Acts
And maybe check out this Google Doc as well:
https://sites.google.com/view/thetwilightstrand

As a general word of warning: Scions are the hardest Ascendancy to level. So beginenrs struggle with it sometimes.

Hope you I could give you some pointers :) Let me know how it goes!

"
marcel2142 wrote:
Heyho, thanks for sharing.
First of all this build is written really really well.
Respect for that.

Iam coming back to PoE for 3.5 and atm iam looking for Starter Builds.
This looks very promising as a League starter i got some questions tho.

1. How easy would Lab be with this Character in early Stages to maybe farm Lab in the early days? ( I guess like a "generic" bow build kinda hard/annoying to get oneshooted )

2. How fast would Shredder be available in the early Stages of a League? Correct me if iam wrong but didnt it drop from Elder? I guess we wont see it in the first few days and even if wouldnt it be still be expensive tho its a "trash" unique?

Hey dude, thanks for the compliment! Really appreciate it :)

1.: Uber Lab farming is rough early League. It can't compete with Juggs in shit Gear and while being underlevelled. You need either a lot of Phys Mitigation and Life Recovery for it, or a looot of Speed (or a mixture of Both).
Builds like this here struggle hard with comfortably breezing through Labs early on compared to a Jugg due to the lag of mittigation and lower Life.
That said, I have a Uber Lab Segment in my other Build Guide (which is basically the same Character in regard to Lab, just Melee with minor Changes). I managed to consistently farm 3:30 Uber Labs with 2 Darkshrines on a good Layout:
Spoiler

But that is with a high level Character and good gear. I don't recommend trying Lab Farming at a League Start.

2. Day 2. It's only locked by Yellow (Tier 6) Elder, which people reach hella fast (day 1 even).
https://poe-antiquary.xyz/Incursion/Weapon/Hopeshredder/2463
This is the price development of Hopeshredder last league. After the Buffs it received this League it is a bit more valuable, but still a 1c Unique.
The price development will be similar, unless a popular Streamer (mostly mathil) would recommend it as his League Starter. Which won't happen.

Hope that helps you out a bit.
If you decide to try the Build next League, I'd be happy to see you around this thread :)

"
iVisionary wrote:
Nice guide, I was wondering what more I can do to help my character, im getting a few more res jewels to reach max res, but I still am not seeing a lot of damage and am wondering why the staying alive during a boss is tough, run out of mana too much. Also getting another meek for the 2x meek tree. Character privacy is open so you can view to help.
Thanks for any help towards the character.

Hey dude, I see you dismantled the Char already?

Sorry for not replying here earlier, I've been pretty busy these days and didn't find the time for it ):

If you are still down to give it a shot, I can have a look if you put the Char back together :)
Hey, thanks for awnsering my questions.
Yeah ive also checked your other Guide, and tbh i like booth.
Not sure with what i will start tbh.
Probably Shredder since this will be easier to start with we'll see.
( Since iam just a "casual pleb" )
As for Lab yeah i assumed that.
Also i learned smth new didnt knew that site exist where you can look up prior prices.
Cant wait for new League to start.
Keep up the good work and stay safe exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info