[3.5] Guffin's Rain of Hope (Shredder) | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
Eathb wrote:
Hey so I'm trying this build in Standard as I have some of the gear for it. Waiting for the Incursion merger as I have no currency to buy Might of the Meek jewels. Character is WRRRRYYYYY

I'm only lvl 71 but my thoughts so far are:
- When Frenzies are up and RoA is destroying the entire area, then this is amazing. Good for gotta go fast, good for safe mapping, having Hopeshredder go HAM is nice.
- Sustaining the cold res flask gets used to as I'm not running any life flasks
- I have no idea how I'm going to fill the INT requirements.
- Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I'm having mana issues. I'm used to spamming my attacks and maybe I'm missing something but I don't think you can do that with this build.
- Plan is to 6L the Hopeshredder when Incursion merges, I'd like to put in another 6L for supplementary damage. I wonder if a 6L blink arrow is a thing.

Hey, ty for testing it out :)

Your Characters are set to private, I sadly can't see them ):
Frenzies should be up 100% of the time, are you running BR?
Level 71 is still suuuuper low, so there are millions of things left to fill out. I bet one of them is the Mana Leech Node below Vitality Void, that allows you to spam Abilities :P Until you get there, you can just grab a Mana Leech Node on the lower Right Side of the Tree. So yes, that's the thing you're "doing wrong" most likely.
You need exactly 111 INT for 20/20 Conc Effect, that is the only INT requirement. With 3 Might of the Meek you are chilling at 72 INT without any gear. So yes, 39 INT from Gear is required. That's easy to get on an Amulet and/or Rings tho.
Sadly a secondary 6l isn't really a possibility. I explain the other Chest options in the Gear Section, but I strongly advise going with Kaoms. 3l is the most you can justify for Blink Arrow (Faster Attacks + Faster Proj).
I don't really understand your Point about the Sapphire Flask, what is that about?

Hope I could help you out a bit :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 22, 2018, 2:46:03 PM
Whoops, chars should be public now.

I do think Might of the Meek is key for the build, just have to wait for my Incursion chars to come over.
hi,

thanks for the very well written (and visually pleasing) guide. im planning to do this one as my delve starter, because i really like bow chars but i already got like 5 ts/la chars.

my question is: maybe i like it so much, that i try to push mines as hard as i can. you said in your guide, windripper (well rolled) would be better than hopeshredder, because of the downsides. so in case i get lucky with some drops, would you recommend windripper for pushing? or another unique / maybe self crafted bow?

i hope i made my question somewhat clear. thanks in advance!
"
Eathb wrote:
Whoops, chars should be public now.

I do think Might of the Meek is key for the build, just have to wait for my Incursion chars to come over.

Meeks are not Build defining, at least they dont Help with any of the problems (except INT) that you listed :P
But yeah, you are right: for any Scion Crit Life based Build, 3 Meeks in the starting Area are huge.

Im not at my PC right now, been stuck on mobile for a day or so. Can Look into your Gear and Tree tomorrow tho!

That said: excited where you Take this char when you get your stuff :) Just saying your Problems can be fixed without Meeks.

"
viatrix_1115 wrote:
hi,

thanks for the very well written (and visually pleasing) guide. im planning to do this one as my delve starter, because i really like bow chars but i already got like 5 ts/la chars.

my question is: maybe i like it so much, that i try to push mines as hard as i can. you said in your guide, windripper (well rolled) would be better than hopeshredder, because of the downsides. so in case i get lucky with some drops, would you recommend windripper for pushing? or another unique / maybe self crafted bow?

i hope i made my question somewhat clear. thanks in advance!

Thanks for the compliment! And dont worry, your question seems clear to me, even tho im quite ill at the Moment and Feeling dizzy :D

A good Windripper, maybe Tempest (gonna Check tomorrow) or some well crafted rare Ele Bow can all get more DPS (mostly by dropping PoI for Wrath and a Wrath Jewel) will cost a loooot more tho.
But, like you Said, lets assume you got the currency.

We dont know exactly how Delves are gonna be right now. Maybe the DPS requirement for deep Delves isnt that high, but instead one shots are the danger? Or completely the other way around?
The other bow Options benefits are simply DPS, and using another Flask (ideally Quartz or Stibnite) instead of Sapphire.
Hopeshredder Degen isnt Dangerous in this Build, you wont notice it at all. So its not a Survivability loss per se to Run it compared to the Others, especially since you only Take the degen when running. Add to that the 10% Chance to avoid ele damage on Hit, and great Phys Mitigation through "Phys taken as cold", and the Hopeshredder Variant offers a lot of tankyness.

If damage becomes the unsolvable Problem (Mobs have half the HP of a Guardian): Swap to some of the other Things. If pure Tankyness is the concern: prooobably Invest more into Hopeshredder.

Hope I could Help you. I know its Not very conclusive, but we dont know how Delves will be yet :) Since this Build did the currently hardest content in the Game very easily with a Hopeshredder, Id say you are on the Safe Side with that one for quite some time.

Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 23, 2018, 7:35:49 PM
alright thank you sir, that clears it up for me just fine. hopeshredder it is then, cant you wait to try your build next week :)
Hey Gufinn

I'm enjoying this build, it feels really good for mapping. I like that it's quite safe as well, haven't had any close death encounters I don't think.

The only downside for me is that I feel I'm lacking in damage, Elder red tier guardians were pretty tough although I can't tell if it's because I'm low level. My gear isn't exactly optimised for a Bow char as it's pulled off different ele attack characters. Char is public of you want to have a look. Dropped blink arrow for IC-CWDT. I haven't gotten Vaal Pact as I don't think I need it right now and I did hit a nice boot enchant.

I think I'll play this as a league starter for Delve.
"
Eathb wrote:
Hey Gufinn

I'm enjoying this build, it feels really good for mapping. I like that it's quite safe as well, haven't had any close death encounters I don't think.

The only downside for me is that I feel I'm lacking in damage, Elder red tier guardians were pretty tough although I can't tell if it's because I'm low level. My gear isn't exactly optimised for a Bow char as it's pulled off different ele attack characters. Char is public of you want to have a look. Dropped blink arrow for IC-CWDT. I haven't gotten Vaal Pact as I don't think I need it right now and I did hit a nice boot enchant.

I think I'll play this as a league starter for Delve.

Hey mate. Sry, I said I'll look into it but I've been kinda busy lately.

Your Low Level certainly plays into it, but not that much. I see you took most DPS Nodes before Life and Defensives, and thats fine :P Really recommend VP tho, it's insane. At least when you feel you struggle with Surviving: VP and Phase Acro are huge. VP moreso.
If you use IC-CWDT for mapping, make sure you have the Arakaali Pantheon level 2.

You're currently sitting at 110k Shaper DPS per Arrow compared to my ~200k per Arrow. The Difference comes down to:
3 Meeks help a bit, but not tremendously. 10% Quality on your HoI is another 10% WED (the inc Cold Damage is Global), a Level on your RoA will help as well, Alira for the 20% Multi (and easier RES gearing=juicier DPS rares) is a big DPS Difference (you have 2 passives), 3 Points into Flash Freeze, and importantly a rare Stygian with WED and Life as well as Bubonics with a nice Enchant and a good Jewel. Obviously HH is cool for mapping, but shit for bosses.

Your rares are all pretty good. The Quiver is nice, same for Ammy and Rings. On the latter 2, you'd aim for some Accuracy (preferably) or added Cold as a 2nd offensive stat.
Your Abyss Jewels are cool, especially Morbid Globe is nice :)
I really recommend looking into VP, it's unbeatable. And woul render the boots useless and force you into Bubonics, which give more Damage as well :P

Other than that, if you follow the Playstyle of: "stand close to the Boss, put down a Frostbomb from time to time, and fire Vaal RoA with Flasks when you have it" everything should work out fine in the end.
But for now, there are many things (levels, bandit, and minor gem and rare stuff) that hold you back a bit.
That said, Elder Guardians are always rough as you go into them without any Charges or Vaal Rain of Arrows. If you wanna juice up your Damage, consider chilling at the start of the Arena with Ralakeshs on until you get full Frenzies. You gotta have a Blink Arrow to move to the Boss then tho, as otherwise you will kill yourself by walking to him from the degen :P

Lastly, look into grabbing an anti Freeze Watchers Eye, as that opens up your quicksilver to have waaaay more speed.

Hope I could help you a bit/give you some pointers :)
Thx for the build Guffinn, having a lot of fun.

Using a 6L CWDT defensive setup because 1. Haven't really had any issues when it comes to dying (only to boss mechanics) and 2. for the lols. I have actually found Temp chains being really useful against the smaller mobile bosses. Helped a lot vs Elder guardians.

Can't wait to see if I can push it further in Delve.
Last edited by Eathb on Aug 27, 2018, 8:21:21 AM
"

Hopeshredder now deals 200 Cold damage per second per Frenzy charge (down from 400). It now also has 15-25% increased Attack Speed. Using a Divine Orb on an existing copy of this item will update that item with both of these changes.

Aaaaay, Buffs all around! Thank you VERY much GGG for recognizing that this Unique deserved some Changes :)
This is rather huge. 25% Attack Speed is a juiiiiiicy DPS Bonus.
The Degen being halfed allows for at least the Survivalist Cluster or maybe even Purity of Ice to be dropped for Wrath. I think so at least, it remains to be seen how it feels ingame. Loreweave could become an Option. I highly doubt it tho, as a huge Life Pool from Kaoms is still desirable for general Tankyness and stronger Leech to counter the Degen.

That said, I will test these changes thoroughly in Standard and See where it takes the build :)
Be sure to grab your Hopeshredder early in Delve, before people realize its Power :P
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 28, 2018, 9:40:24 PM
Favorited this to come back to at some point during delve! Thanks!
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info