Highlights from the Incursion Flashback Event

For those talking about Log out macro cheating.

1) I 100% agree this is a stupid mechanic and anyone using it may as well go play Softcore league

2) The solution is simple and Blizzard solved it a long time ago. Diablo 3 for example, if you are not in town you CANNOT log out unless you spend 10+ seconds waiting. If you ALT+F4 or othewise drop the client your character is still there for 10+ seconds. If you were going to die, you're going to die.

The only excuses for instant log-out that i've seen usually include either a) I'm a noob and I want to attempt to cheat death or b) my internet is bad or networking issues so why should I lose my character because of that?

The only responses that I think are actually valid?

a) Don't play hardcore if you can't handle it

b) They should design the game around taking 10+ seconds for character to get out of combat meaning you shouldn't put yourself into situations where a second or two of lag will kill you. CURRENT game makes this impossible since you can get 1 shot but if they designed it so it takes 3-4 seconds to kill someone then this problem becomes a player making poor decision vs world wide interntez screwing someone randomly.
IGN: SoulCinder
"
ropefly wrote:
youtube "Gamerforlife" he post daily recap from fun moments of every league every day !

"
Shamuskie wrote:
I'll never understand running around with less than 5k life and expecting the things like DD or chaos flingers not to kill them in Hardcore.

Do you think 10k hp would have saved him there? Nope it was a corpse from a boss

Or maybe not be popping up your map every 3 seconds and paying attention instead?
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
CATMASTEROP :D That death was worth, happy to see him here
Last edited by Moritonel on Aug 7, 2018, 7:19:04 PM
Makes me happy to see Ziz and the other ppl failing shoutout to RizeQT and dope Humility drops !
"
PerfectXtreme wrote:
Remind me again why it's "fun" gameplay to instantly die? I used to be a Hardcore only player in D2, D3, and PoE (among other games) but I started to realize that spending all that time only to get insta-gibbed by some dumb mechanic or combination of mods that is likely impossible to prevent is just not enjoyable.

Well, notice almost all those deaths happen when the streamer appears to be distracted by something. The death condition is avoidable. Not to mention they're pushing high tiers with minimum gearing.

There's a lot of really, REALLY frustrating things that can kill you in PoE and while they can all be worked around to some degree, I think a 'Death Recap' would be a super good feature for GGG to work on.
Other than Natalia's text, nothing shows for me in the OP. :(
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
I remember Quin from D3. He acted like 10yo child then. He still is now.
"
blazer572 wrote:
"
Belegurth wrote:

Well I think a lot of people are of another opinion. I should have linked the video at an earlier time where Chris talks about this aswell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKgvHRzt3ao&feature=youtu.be&t=4277

its at 1:11:17 . Watch a couple of mins.

E: Sorry for offtopic.

E2: Have you actually tried playing hardcore to red maps without logging out?

Actually when you linked the first one, I did rewind it a bit for context and watched that. I still think its basically cheating. You are cheating death with a stupid mechanic in game. Not everyone does this. I dont. I look where im going and take it from there. In the reg incursion league, I have only died once to a one shot to which I have no clue how it killed me while I had 10 endurance charges and 6k life and only run red tier maps in my 2 char that are leveled. And so far this flash back league, I havent died once granted im still leveling this char.

All in all, its a cheap way to skip death and IMO shouldnt be allowed at all. Not my fault all these streamers with 1000's of hours playing still cant play right. Or people playing hardcore just jumping in and dying. I only have about 800 hours in this game and I can play better then they can. LOL

Edit - If they are going to have this stupid mechanic in the game with all these people abusing it including Chris Wilson, why not just remove the exp loss on death? And this wouldn't affect hardcore because ya dead ya dead.

You are of course entitled to your opinions, but I hope you realize that it's very hard to take you seriously when you haven't tried playing the gamemode for wich you make suggestions.

And if you are so much better at playing and avoiding character death than these streamers, I suggest rolling a hc character and prove it.

o/
"
sarannah101 wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
The fact that like nearly all of these are arc trap should tell you something GGG, though i gotta say all the rip clips is really cathartic!

Feel bad for the JU-G-G I replayed that clip several times and still can't see what got him other than my general aversion to standing still.

Bameth unique beyond boss spawned(archer on the right)... and the player ran back over all the monsters he just killed. Bameth did corpse explosion. You can see it in the video too.

Edit: Logout macros shouldn't be allowed!

thankyou sir/madame I can see it now I know what to look for, I'm pretty trained to spot Bameth for obvious reasons so surprised I missed this one ^^
"
Belegurth wrote:
"
blazer572 wrote:
"
Belegurth wrote:

Well I think a lot of people are of another opinion. I should have linked the video at an earlier time where Chris talks about this aswell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKgvHRzt3ao&feature=youtu.be&t=4277

its at 1:11:17 . Watch a couple of mins.

E: Sorry for offtopic.

E2: Have you actually tried playing hardcore to red maps without logging out?

Actually when you linked the first one, I did rewind it a bit for context and watched that. I still think its basically cheating. You are cheating death with a stupid mechanic in game. Not everyone does this. I dont. I look where im going and take it from there. In the reg incursion league, I have only died once to a one shot to which I have no clue how it killed me while I had 10 endurance charges and 6k life and only run red tier maps in my 2 char that are leveled. And so far this flash back league, I havent died once granted im still leveling this char.

All in all, its a cheap way to skip death and IMO shouldnt be allowed at all. Not my fault all these streamers with 1000's of hours playing still cant play right. Or people playing hardcore just jumping in and dying. I only have about 800 hours in this game and I can play better then they can. LOL

Edit - If they are going to have this stupid mechanic in the game with all these people abusing it including Chris Wilson, why not just remove the exp loss on death? And this wouldn't affect hardcore because ya dead ya dead.

You are of course entitled to your opinions, but I hope you realize that it's very hard to take you seriously when you haven't tried playing the gamemode for wich you make suggestions.

And if you are so much better at playing and avoiding character death than these streamers, I suggest rolling a hc character and prove it.

o/

I have nothing to prove. Read all the other comments on this post agreeing with me that its cheating. Your the only one defending this practice. Every other game out there, if you die, your dead and no escape mechanics like this game. Only reason I dont play hardcore is because of lag. Im not going to spend hours and hours on char for it to die because of lag. Granted it would go to sc standard but I dont play standard. I learned my lesson in D3 with a hardcore char and lag. Had a char with about 400 hours on it, game lagged, and I died. There goes a wasted 400 hours.

If you need an escape mechanic to play this game, then you should not be playing this game. As other people pointed out in this thread and as I have said, people are not paying attention to what they are doing and die. If you pay attention, know the fights, or just dont be dumb and jump into the middle of a pack, chances are you are not going to die.

Another reason I dont have to prove it because its all ready done by people every league in hardcore. People play smart and dont die.
Last edited by blazer572 on Aug 8, 2018, 1:12:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info