[3.5] Blade Flurry Elementalist. One tap the entire screen [Inpulsa+3Dragons] + Full video guide

For tankiness, couldnt we just use herald of ice, drop herald of thunder, drop arctic armour and go Mind over matter? If you have a gemini claw ofc
MoM uses Mana instead of life to absorb damage. You need a big mana pool plus fast mana reg to keep it up, and only 30% of the damage is absorbed using mana.

I have a total Mana pool of 992 which gives (optimum) a buffer of around 330 before running out of mana, and for this I would have to drop HoT, HoI and arctic armor.

Not worth it
"
Josh_87 wrote:

that doesnt mean anything for the chaining aspect of it.

which is a total different topic than the freezing aspect you were mentioning.

The chain works by involving all three ele dmg types and coupling them with 3 dragons and Inpulsa.

You use light dmg (claw) to freeze them, they explode (due to HoI, causing cold aoe dmg) which spreads and sets the next mob on fire. the fire dmg causes them to be shocked which triggers Inpulsa when they die (shocked enemies explode causing lightning aoe dmg).

Shortcut is Yoke amu which removes the need of the fire chain part.
"
Becks0816 wrote:
"
Josh_87 wrote:

that doesnt mean anything for the chaining aspect of it.

which is a total different topic than the freezing aspect you were mentioning.

The chain works by involving all three ele dmg types and coupling them with 3 dragons and Inpulsa.

You use light dmg (claw) to freeze them, they explode (due to HoI, causing cold aoe dmg) which spreads and sets the next mob on fire. the fire dmg causes them to be shocked which triggers Inpulsa when they die (shocked enemies explode causing lightning aoe dmg).

Shortcut is Yoke amu which removes the need of the fire chain part.

Thanks for replying again man, really appreciate it. Let me ask you this. Since we have icebite and innervate linked to herald of ice, wont it then shock and freeze anyway? I get that when we use 3 dragons we then use cold to fire for 4th link causing even more lightning damage, but is it really needed? Wouldnt innervate be enough if it kills them instantly anyway? Thanks again, just trying to wrap my head around this. Think i am getting there though.
Do you think can be played with spectral throw ?
"
Josh_87 wrote:

Thanks for replying again man, really appreciate it. Let me ask you this. Since we have icebite and innervate linked to herald of ice, wont it then shock and freeze anyway?

Never used innervate in any socket so far, might be worth a try. Only used The Tempest's Binding as a replacement for Starkonja but ran into heavy mana reservation issues so I had to drop it.

Guess I need to do some runs with innervate in a socket and try different positions, but at least the issues with my gear are: I don't need a higher chance to shock targets because my dmg is so high that even against Shaper I have 46% Chance to shock. And then I have around 9-10 attacks/s which simply results in zero chance of not getting shocked.

Another issue I see is that I have to kill something to get the innervation buff. This is the case for mobs but fails for single targets (bosses), and mobs well just explode on contact so I don't put focus of the gear to kille them even faster.

I will give it a try but it might be something you can use for map clearing in case the gear is still not too overpowered for this.
"
azboulette wrote:
Do you think can be played with spectral throw ?

Guess you lose a lot of damage you get from the channeling effect of blade flurry plus you lose the effect of unshattered will (shield, up to 70% more dmg while channeling), but just buy a cheap spectral throw gem and replace BF and then run a map.
For the ones who want to try something a bit different...

Shield:

I have spent 14c to buy a shield with increased attack speed, increased movement speed, life and evasion to increase survivability in maps. Looks promising

Helmet:

Got it for 35c. Note the "0.5% lightning dmg leeched as life"? Should also be good to survive while mapping.

And btw.: if you manage to reach 96, you belong to the 0.1% - only less than 20 ppl out of 13k reached the level using BF ele.

[edit]
After running some delve and maps I can say: it is an improvement. I just don't know what causes the differences, but the build is much more stable and easier to handle.

[edit2]
It is the life leech which makes the differences. I regain health much faster than before, especially un the middle of a fight when HoT already rains lightning bolts around me. I can only recommend thie corruption.
Last edited by Becks0816 on Jan 29, 2019, 9:59:09 AM
Just got this piece, and was planning on multimodding with flat lightning and hits cant be evaded, but was wondering which is likely best as the last suffix: 1) Attack speed with rare or unique enemy nearby, 2) Chance to deal double damage, 3) Chance to deal double damage while focused, or 4) something else I'm forgetting?

Will use PoB if it's uncertain, just don't have my character set up in it yet.
At least with my quick checks the "10% attack spped while rare is near" wins, but you need to delete the part "while rare..." from the PoB entry, otherwise it is not taken into account during the calculation.

If you manage to get 16% ele penetration and 10% attack speed as mods, then you have a claw which beats mine in dmg (1.6% more dps).

And no other claw of this type is on the market, pfffft

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info