[3.5] Blade Flurry Elementalist. One tap the entire screen [Inpulsa+3Dragons] + Full video guide

Love the build, just killed Uber Elder on my first shaper set with this character, died twice to overpotting (running out of flask charges) and a dumb mistake or three. I have killed Uber Elder previously with a Blade Flurry/Shield Charge character, so it wasn't much different mechanically, the dps was definitely super solid though. Switched my boots for Kaom's Roots, unlinked my Heralds and ran 3 Heralds + Arctic Armour (the links don't do much in the fight). Changed the flasks up too because Roots means no Evading.

I decided early on when I saw the craftable Vagan mod that that was the direction I wanted to go, since I hate Lycosidae. Instead of Lycosidae I went with The Unshattered Will for the extra damage mitigation, the all res, and a bit of damage for Blade Flurry too. Also having a cool Harbinger bro around.

Because Three Dragons and Unshattered Will have so much all res, I decided to go all-in on all res to make it easy for Wise Oak perfection. This led me to using The Taming in one of my ring slots and all res on an amulet. The Taming is very cheap for how good it is, you basically lose out on life v. a great Opal Ring, but you gain a ton of dps, it's all res, and it's a fraction of the cost.

One note on the skill gems, I'm using Faster Attacks as my 6th link over Lightning Pen, as it consistently POB'd higher, and Faster Attacks is just great QOL/mechanically when you want to 6-stack + move immediately afterwards. Added Cold was also POB'ng higher than Lightning Pen in a lot of cases (and yeah, I'm talking Shaper DPS, the only setting I ever use).

All around a great build for all content, thanks!
One tapping the entire screen feels so freakin good, especially in delves
Thank you for this guide, never had so much fun with a char

Next on my list is Lycosidae, 6-linking my 5-l Inpulsa and maybe a better claw
Cheers
Hey,
maybe someone can help me. How can I use the three Heralds + Arctic Armour, my mana reservation is to high so it wouldn't allow me wot activate Arctic Armour.
"
Axî wrote:
Hey,
maybe someone can help me. How can I use the three Heralds + Arctic Armour, my mana reservation is to high so it wouldn't allow me wot activate Arctic Armour.

You need to read more carefully.
"
dannik42 wrote:
Love the build, just killed Uber Elder on my first shaper set with this character, died twice to overpotting (running out of flask charges) and a dumb mistake or three. I have killed Uber Elder previously with a Blade Flurry/Shield Charge character, so it wasn't much different mechanically, the dps was definitely super solid though. Switched my boots for Kaom's Roots, unlinked my Heralds and ran 3 Heralds + Arctic Armour (the links don't do much in the fight). Changed the flasks up too because Roots means no Evading.

I decided early on when I saw the craftable Vagan mod that that was the direction I wanted to go, since I hate Lycosidae. Instead of Lycosidae I went with The Unshattered Will for the extra damage mitigation, the all res, and a bit of damage for Blade Flurry too. Also having a cool Harbinger bro around.

Because Three Dragons and Unshattered Will have so much all res, I decided to go all-in on all res to make it easy for Wise Oak perfection. This led me to using The Taming in one of my ring slots and all res on an amulet. The Taming is very cheap for how good it is, you basically lose out on life v. a great Opal Ring, but you gain a ton of dps, it's all res, and it's a fraction of the cost.

One note on the skill gems, I'm using Faster Attacks as my 6th link over Lightning Pen, as it consistently POB'd higher, and Faster Attacks is just great QOL/mechanically when you want to 6-stack + move immediately afterwards. Added Cold was also POB'ng higher than Lightning Pen in a lot of cases (and yeah, I'm talking Shaper DPS, the only setting I ever use).

All around a great build for all content, thanks!

I'm surprised I haven't seen the Taming mentioned before in this thread, there is a ton of resist and damage on that thing..
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I can't get good single target damage going. When I compare the PoB I think the jewels could be the problem, can somebody help me figure it out? I'm at the end of my wits here. :/

https://pastebin.com/UKebfGW9

I don't know how to post the items so here is the PoB, already changed the vinktar to an atziri's promise.

Edit: is it the quality and conc effect or the claw? I'm really lost ^^
Last edited by MrMcWar on Dec 20, 2018, 1:37:29 PM
"
MrMcWar wrote:
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I can't get good single target damage going. When I compare the PoB I think the jewels could be the problem, can somebody help me figure it out? I'm at the end of my wits here. :/

I don't know how to post the items so here is the PoB, already changed the vinktar to an atziri's promise.

I think jewels might be the issue and also the gems - however, I think I do not yet understand all the interactions inside this build all that well. I have slightly better gear than you, and yes, I too feel that single target damage is underwhelming.

Would appreciate any advice on how to improve since the play style is very nice.

Here is the gear (my profile is open so you can check the jewels there, if you like):

"
johnlocke7 wrote:
"
MrMcWar wrote:

I think jewels might be the issue and also the gems - however, I think I do not yet understand all the interactions inside this build all that well. I have slightly better gear than you, and yes, I too feel that single target damage is underwhelming.

Would appreciate any advice on how to improve since the play style is very nice.

Here is the gear (my profile is open so you can check the jewels there, if you like):

MrMcWar - First thing I noticed was that you aren't spec'd into Arcing Blows, a pretty sizable node for damage. You're also missing 2-4 abyss jewel sockets by not wearing Tombfist/Stygian Vise(or Darkness Enthroned).

For both of you, a lot of your jewels aren't very good. You need some amount of Effect of Shock on abyss jewels (even more if you aren't using the Non-damaging ailments effectiveness mod on amulet/boots, which you absolutely should be if you aren't using Yoke and Roots specifically).

Abyss jewels you want should have a decent tier of added lightning damage to attacks or claw attacks, then another added elemental damage to attacks or claw attacks, and life. Then on 2-3 (or more depending on your amulet/boots) you want effect of shock instead of one of the flat damage mods (or in addition too if you're rich or lucky).

Lastly you probably shouldn't be using Lightning Penetration as your last link, especially if a lot of your flat damage isn't lightning (due to non-perfect abyss jewels). Faster Attacks does more damage for me and is just overall better in my opinion, and I'd imagine it only does worse when you have GG double lightning mod abyss jewels everywhere.

Hope that helps!
Thanks a lot, man!

I have tried to reach you in-game earlier with these questions, but you replied here instead. :) Much appreciated.

Will try to make the changes immediately.
Could you use a Voidforge instead of the 3 Dragons to override the shock restriction from Impulsa?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info