[3.11] Ice CRASH IT ALL Juggernaut * beginner & budget friendly! tank with high dps!

I was looking at POE's high priority bug list and saw this one was listed:

Metamorph bosses can't be frozen.

That should help us once it is fixed. Being able to freeze these bosses even momentarily will be great.
Do you guys know if the best combo for ring would be Mark of the Shaper + Mark of the Elder? Just trying to figure how before i spend that kind of currency. And manage my resist since ill need to compensate for the lact of resist my ring can give.

I have around 600 chaos and dont know what i should focus next.

6link loreweave with the right color and stats is $$$.

your inputs are welcome!
"
Falcon_Power wrote:
Do you guys know if the best combo for ring would be Mark of the Shaper + Mark of the Elder? Just trying to figure how before i spend that kind of currency. And manage my resist since ill need to compensate for the lact of resist my ring can give.

I have around 600 chaos and dont know what i should focus next.

6link loreweave with the right color and stats is $$$.

your inputs are welcome!

Please make your profile public. That way we can look at your gear to give some input.

As a side note, I don't think Mark of the Shaper makes sense for this build. This is an attack based build and most of the mods on Mark of the Shaper are spell based damage. You should be able to do much better with a general shaper ring where you can choose your stats (be they damage or resists or life or a combo).
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Dec 24, 2019, 11:14:36 PM
ok, did it.. sry new to posting here!
"
Falcon_Power wrote:
ok, did it.. sry new to posting here!

With 600c, get Yoke of Suffering, Mark of the Elder, a Shaper ring, and Lion's Roar (to upgrade your Granite flask) and get a diamond flask to replace either quick silver or Sulphur).

When you get Yoke, purchase the oils to anoint it with what ever you like. Bludgeon Blitz is good but there are plenty of choices.
I'm going to use this build as my starter build for the league, I'm getting into it late. However, I saw earlier in this thread you said to go left on the skill tree and go for life leech early. However, I only see life leech on the right side of the tree, and only a single node of it? I might be missing something here so I would love some help.
"
Crazy_Scott wrote:
I'm going to use this build as my starter build for the league, I'm getting into it late. However, I saw earlier in this thread you said to go left on the skill tree and go for life leech early. However, I only see life leech on the right side of the tree, and only a single node of it? I might be missing something here so I would love some help.

You can generally head north/west to start but don't take a ton of crit nodes too early, they are more important later.

After you have filled out some of the north/west pass, make a b-line straight for the single life/mana leech node on the east path. That one node is going to solve a ton of mana issues for you.

After that, head any where you like. If you need damage, grab damage. If you need life, grab life. There is no wrong way to do it.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Dec 25, 2019, 4:12:17 AM
"
"
Werdna76 wrote:
I’m on a long vacation to China (no pc) and planning for my return — only got a few days in at league start and eager to get back to ice crashing.

Now that DC is cheaper, I plan to get a good one for main hand. Question for you guys is what stats matter on offhand DC? Obviously I want close to 40 on global crit chance and 100% el dmg on last affix, but what about attack speed? And quality doesn’t matter, right? Main thing is attack speed I guess - useful or not used?
)

If I understand things correctly, you want the stats as good on the off hand as the main hand.

Remember that POE completely changed how dual wielding and stat sticks work in the game. Now when you dual wield, your first hit is with your main hand, using its stats, and then your second hand is with your off hand, using the off hands weapons stats.

You can read more here.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255049

Thanks! Was reading the history on this post and it focused on main hand vs offhand.

Anyone have thoughts on added cold? I suppose it’s easy enough to POB when I get home but curious if anyone looked at when damage #s make more sense than scalers or crit multipliers. It’s gotta happen at some breakpoint.

Also, anyone have an idea how much pen we really need for the big bosses? In other words, is it worth giving up a fair bit of dps for a little extra pen? And how much is enough?
Also... I’ve never used multistrike, but it seems to be the way to go. Can I hold down attack button and it will do all 3 phases, all 3 phases, etc., or will holding down attack continually cancel animation and only use 1st phase over and over?
"
Werdna76 wrote:
Also... I’ve never used multistrike, but it seems to be the way to go. Can I hold down attack button and it will do all 3 phases, all 3 phases, etc., or will holding down attack continually cancel animation and only use 1st phase over and over?

Multistrike has had so many different issues with so many different skills the last few years, I have no idea how it works any more.

Using it with Ice Crash and the massive visual explosions on screen make it almost impossible to see what is happening.

However, bosses die quickly when holding the button down so things may be working perfectly for all I know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info