[3.4] KissMeQuick's Ultra Regen Blade Vortex Tank | 10K HP | 15K+ Leech & Regen | Easy Uber Elder

INTRODUCTION

I had never played tanky builds and when watching random Uber Elder clips I was spooked how Energy Shield players get fast regen on their shields with enough recharge. Now it's time for a revenge and show these ES scrubs what real regen looks like! This build has better leech / regen than anything anywhere! I've yet to see a map with damage or life mods that this build can't handle. I've done over 20 Uber Elders in 24h with this build, mostly with 0 - 1 deaths.

PROS & CONS

💫 Super tanky with 9500 - 10500 life! Tanks 99.9993% of the content easily without flasks, even Shaper beam & slam!
💫 Regens and leeches up to 15K+ life per second + Overleech!
💫 Good clear speed and single target damage!
💫 Very reliable Uber Elder farmer! Did my first one with only 2 deaths!
💫 Damage on gear is only from 1 item!
💫 Stress free gameplay!
💫 Very straightforward gearing and stats!
💫 Can be min maxxed to insane levels!
💫 Can do no leech and phys reflect maps!
💫 Too cool for life flasks!

👻 Can't( sometimes) tank 3 Shaper balls in a row and Uber Elder slam.
👻 Cannot do ele reflect & no mana regen maps.

HOW THE BUILD WORKS

💣 Very efficient skill point allocation - good life / regen nodes are taken and spell damage that is close to it.
💣 Might of the Meek which gives simply insane stats.
💣 Biggest abuse comes from Disintegrator Staff that damages us per second but gets cancelled momentarily by Immortal Call which procs Soul of Arakaali 50% increased recovery rate of life.
💣 Disintegrator also happens to be BiS in terms of stats.
💣 50% increased recovery rate of life from Trickster Ascendancy
💣 50% increased recovery from belt & Watcher's Eye.

VIDEOS

Spoiler

These videos are done on a level 93 character in Incursion.

Deathless Uber Elder Carry
3 minute run. Can go down to 2.5 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otw2wThN3TQ

Shaper
Tried to facetank everything, dodged one that I actually could've survived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvUdjve40hA

Hydra T16 - 7K HP & MF gear

Tried to take some damage mods as well (:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hb4xTRpqtw

Minotaur T16
Not the beefiest map but extra crit does proc once on Minotaur. Used Kaom's Roots but can use any boots to go faster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlfUjLJUhpw

Hydra T16 - Budget version
Permanent Vulnerability curse( Something 20% extra damage) and forgot Bleed flask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCg4WB5Zq4k

GEAR

Spoiler

5C

Core of the build. Since it's barely ever never used, it's very cheap.

If you can't afford to 6 link it or buy as a 6 link, simply use an evasion/energy shield or energy shield chest with 6 links which has a lot of life( or craft life yourself). If you take any other chest base, you might have very hard time rolling the correct colours on it.

200C, normal 160C

Good life, easy to self farm and corruptions are plentiful everywhere. The extra % life cost me only 40C more than a normal one.

3C

Not a must to have physical damage to spells but if possible, get one! It's better than any Blade Vortex enchant!

80C

Only cared about life and recovery rate.

60C

Might look like an expensive item because of the recovery rate and life regen but since barely anyone ever uses these two together, it's not!

80C with enchant + max rolls.

For Uber Elder and to avoid Freeze flask. I played without it until Uber Elder.

Both 50C each

Again, just wanted as much life as possible and extra res as cheap as possible. You should use at least 1 Unset ring which you can socket a single skill in.

40C

Same story, just as much life as possible and extra res if possible.

EXTRA EXTRA

If there are no Disintegrators out yet and it's super early in the league, you can try using Duskdawn as a 5 link and swap Taste of Hate with Rumi's for less expenses.

In this scenario you would have to follow the Blood Rage CWDT setup shown in the budget version of the build.

JEWELS AND FLASKS

Spoiler

Biggest damage buff to us!

More regen and damage! Consecrated ground = 6% life regen.

Unholy might is really strong on us + gives us a smoke cloud!

More damage and some chaos res.

More damage and some tankyness.

If you wanna go faster!

Very important and strong jewels! They're beyond broken!

Now this buddy here is expensive but not core of the build. It's somewhere 5-7 EX. Increased Recovery Rate of Life is what we're aiming to get.

Just a random jewel that I found that suited quite nicely! A normal jewel with good affixes works as well.

Abyss jewels:

TIER 1 - ALWAYS LIFE
TIER 2 - Onslaught on kill / Phys gained as / Critical Strike multiplier
TIER 3 - Physical damage to Spells / 2.5+ Mana regen / Global Critical Strike Chance
TIER 4 - Cast Speed / Resistances / Stats / Phasing on kill

Normal jewels:

TIER 1 - ALWAYS LIFE
TIER 2 - Critical Strike Multiplier / Global Physical Damage
TIER 3 - Crit Chance for Spells / Mana Regen Rate / Increased Damage
TIER 4 - Chaos Damage / Stats / Resistances / Cast Speed

GEMS

Spoiler

BOSSING SETUP

SMOOTH MAPPING SETUP - Swap Area of Effect to Concentrated Effect for boss.

CWDT SETUP - 1

CWDT SETUP - 2 ( Must use both of CWDT setups)

MOVEMENT SKILL

AURA

HERALD

DAMAGE BUFF - OPTIONAL - I PREFER THIS ONE

DAMAGE BUFF 2 - OPTIONAL

PASSIVE TREE & POB

Spoiler

Vaal RF and Power / Frenzy charges are not enabled although we do generate them even during bosses but not 100% uptime.

I very highly suggest you to follow everything as I have and not make any major changes aside from HP / resistance nodes. It's very very optimized.

I've also added Soul of Arakaali to PoB and Unnatural Instinct isn't calculated properly which means that we have +250K DPS more.
Arcane Surge is enabled because PoB doesn't calculate it yet.

My level 93 Scion in Incursion for 3.4: https://pastebin.com/Y9U6844q
Level 100 Tree for tankyness for 3.4: https://pastebin.com/4MBYZ3wL

Official website tree of my level 93 Scion:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.4.0/AAAABAABAAJfAwQDlgSzBx4IZwthDc0OSBEvEZYTcRQgFbgV7RZvFr8YVhp6HM4c3B0UHb4kqiaVKgsrUDLRM4c1kjY9Nuk64TsoPC09_EGHRUdFnUlRTeNQR1NSVL1VS1hjWK5cQF3yXqVfP2DeYeJirGebaHRo8mqMbIxuPXBSdf17w4LHguSDX4PMhG-J04w2jM-OZI8aj0aP-pARlKCVLpaLmuCdqqIAotmkDKYyplenCKi7qUiuPq9sr6ew2LFbtUi2-rc-uZO-gL68wGbDCcT2xq7IFNLo1ELVudhN2L3aYuNq5FHrY-vu6_XvDvAf8NXyHfJF9W_2SPem-ej60v4K_lT-jw==

PANTHEON / BANDIT / ASCENDANCY

Spoiler

Bandit: Alira

Finish the whole Shadow section first and then wrap up with Slayer or Juggernaut. Slayer if you're going original build, Juggernaut if budget Blood Rage build.

It's important to get Captured Arachnoxia as soon as you can as it's the most important part of the Pantheon.

SKILL & STAT EXPLANATION

Spoiler

LIFE - Just get it absolutely everywhere as much as possible! We already have tons of damage and the more health you have, the bigger hits you can tank and the more you also leech and regen.

LIFE RECOVERY RATE - Life recovery rate is a pretty broken stat that barely anyone utilizes correctly. This is what people expect when people buy leech items, except leech items do not increase the amount of leech or regen can be achieved maximum per second. Life recovery rate is what increases it. So if you have 20% increased life recovery rate, you have 20% increased leech and life regen.

LEECH - You get almost all of the leech from Disintegrator staff and also Atziri's Promise. Getting more leech, won't make you leech more as stated above. Also "ATTACK DAMAGE LEECH" does not increase your leech. That is only for "ATTACK" skills, we do "SPELLS".

LIFE REGEN - You have to find a balance where you take regen and where you take life since although % life regen does give you regen, but increased life recovery rate and life in overall also increases it.

MANA / MANA REGEN - The character is quite starving on mana, so the more mana and mana regen you find everywhere, the better it is. That is also one of the reason why we use Arcane Surge. If you're having trouble early with mana, feel free to use a hybrid flask or any other mana regain source of your liking.

SKILL DURATION - Without this, I wouldn't play Blade Vortex since this allows you to run around and juke for longer without casting the skill again.

DAMAGE - Main sources of damage come from - Critical Strike Multiplier, Critical Strike Multiplier for spells, Critical Strike Chance for Spells, Global Physical damage, Damage gained as, Increased chaos damage, Increased Area damage.

BLADE VORTEX - The more blades you have, the more damage it does by far. You should try keeping it at 10 stacks as much as possible hence the mapping gem links have a lot of increased duration and cast speed in it.

VAAL BLADE VORTEX - You should proc it at bosses and hard monsters or when you encounter a big pack of hard mobs. This stacks up with your normal Blade Vortex so you are essentially doing double damage.

FLAME DASH - This can jump over gaps but has 3 stacks so you may not want to waste them all at once when you're doing hard bosses.

VAAL COLD SNAP - This freezes / chills everyone close to you AND while you have an enemy close to you, you gain a frenzy charge each second. This is socketed in Cast When Damage Taken. It does not use the Vaal version when you take damage, but it does proc the normal one.

CAST WHEN DAMAGE TAKEN - Essential for this build to stop yourself from taking damage from Disintegrator. Molten Shell also provides you some cool defenses and Cold Snap chills enemies close to you, making them move and attack 30% slower - super good!

CAST WHEN DAMAGE TAKEN 2 - This casts Enfeeble which makes enemies do less damage to you. It's 80% less effective against bosses but 6-8% of less enemy damage is still quite a lot!

VAAL RIGHTEOUS FIRE - You use this to blast up your damage, just like Vaal Blade Vortex. Drops 30% of your health but in return you do a 30% MORE damage for a period of time!
Do not use Righteous Fire itself, even if you have the regen for it, it's not worth it.

VAAL LIGHTNING TRAP - This is more suggested in the budget version of the build but can be used in the original build as well. This shocks the enemy for 20% which means they take 20% more damage, it's almost like Vaal Righteous Fire but has 3 charges!

BUDGET / LEAGUE STARTER SETUP / ITEMS

Spoiler

Now this is some genius level stuff, so you have to follow it exactly as shown. The idea of this setup is to use this build as league starter and to progress smoothly to high levels in maps.

Here's a PoB up to level 90 with cheap gear as shown below. Some items might be different in terms of amount of HP.

https://pastebin.com/1REJMwbi

All listed items were bought for 10C or less, if something's not mentioned, it means that it's the same as in the original setup. I will also link gems below each item. Make sure you follow exactly everything as listed.

Do not enable Righteous Fire, only Vaal Righteous Fire during big fights!

THIS HERE IS VERY IMPORTANT!|
You ALWAYS have to have 1st socket CWDT and 2nd Blood Rage level 1, Immortal Call 3rd or 4th. This way Blood Rage procs and you instantly stop it with Immortal Call, enabling Soul of Arakaali. This is the core of this setup.
I have levels here wrong but they should be:
CWDT Level 1 - Blood Rage level 1 - Immortal call Level 3 - Vaal Cold Snap Level 7

OR

Do absolutely whatever you want if you go for rare boots. I haven't thought of anything too useful here and left it open for future Kaom's. Currently getting +1 Endurance charges on boots is also good!

You do not have to have Unset rings yet but you can plan up ahead in future if you wish.

You can swap Efficacy or Spell Echo out with Concentrated effect for bosses!

You have to start with the Juggernaut Ascendancy to get Endurance charges which mitigate Physical damage and also to make Immortal Call longer. Once you have the Disintegrator, you can swap it out to Slayer.

ADVANCING TO MAPS

Spoiler

I am not sure what is the most effective way to advance to maps with this build. I personally went with Rain of Arrows but almost everything else works as well!

Using Arc is completely fine and you can start taking spell damage nodes earlier with it.

Using Blade Vortex is also a good option since your damage is already really high and you can straight up start taking all nodes that you want before maps.

Every build works, you have to decide what you go with. I'll list 2 options that I would use myself but again, you can use and do whatever you want and simply use Regret Orbs after reaching maps.

BLADE VORTEX

RAIN OF ARROWS / LIGHTNING ARROW

Spoiler

Lightning Arrow or Rain of Arrows( more damage imo)

Items I did Act 1 with

> Tabula Rasa - Body
> Lochtonial Caress - Gloves
> Wanderlust - Boots
> Meginord's Girdle - Belt
> Karui Ward - Amulet
> Silverbranch - Bow
> Two Quicksilver flasks
> One Silver flask
> One HP Flask
> One hybrid flask
> Mirage Archer
> Everything else was random

At level 28 I switched to Doomfletch and bought a proper rare quiver as well.
At level 40 I bought Doomfletch's Prism and Drillneck quiver. If you don't have currency to buy DoomFletch's Prism, it's completely fine and you can experiment with other higher level bows as well.
I also bought Thief's Torment asap.

After getting to maps, I used Regret orbs for nodes that I don't use anymore.

Passive tree 35 points:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.3.1/AAAABAABAAOWIzExnjIJNZI64TsoSshMMk3jYENsRm49bqpvO3JseA17w4LkgwmJa4qvkBGmV7Xytz6-gL68wBrYvex08kXyl_4K_o8=

Passive tree 50 points:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.3.1/AAAABAABAAOWCGcMXw3NHKccziMxK1AxnjIJNZI64TsoPC1KyEwyTeNTpWBDbEZuPW6qbztybHgNe8OC5IMJg1-DzIlriq-QEaYyplevp7FbtfK3Pr6AvrzAGsT2xq7YTdi97HTyRfKX_gr-VP6P

Passive tree 75 points:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.3.1/AAAABAABAAJfAwQDlgSzCGcLYQxfDc0Wvxp6HKccziMxJpUrUDGeMgk1kjrhOyg8LUrITDJN41OlYENh4mjyaoxsRm49bqpvO3JseA17w4LkgwmDX4PMiWuKr5ARogCi2aYyplepSK9sr6ew2LFbtfK3Pr6AvrzAGsBmxPbGrsgU0ujYTdi97HTwH_JF8pf1b_4K_lT-jw==

Passive tree 90 points:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.3.1/AAAABAABAAJfAwQDlgSzCGcLYQxfDc0Wvxp6HKccziMxJpUqCytQMZ4yCTWSOuE7KDwtSshMMk3jU6VVS13yYENh4mjyaoxsRm49bqpvO3BScmx1_XgNe8OC5IMJg1-DzIRviWuJ04qvjDaQEaIAotmmMqZXqUivbK-nsNixW7VItfK3Pr6AvrzAGsBmxPbGrsgU0ujUQthN2L3rY-x08B_yRfKX9W_-Cv5U_o8=

UBER ELDER SECTION

Spoiler

You only need a few changes:

This makes Shaper's ground balls actually speed boost you! Pretty good! You should sacrifice it for 1 Unset ring and the skill should be a damage buff one, whichever you chose - Vaal RF or Vaal Lightning Trap.

Since there is no bleeding in Uber Elder, poison flask is the best!

The fight:

A few things up front:

You can tank everything but not always with 100% success, so I suggest most of all dodging these:

- Shaper balls can kill you
- Elder & Shaper slam can kill you
- Elder tentacles can kill you
- Elder's time circle attack - has 8 second explosion time so you have to be in the middle of it before it explodes. No build can tank this.

Shaper's ground circles are actually even good for you since they speed you up and Elder's tentacle monsters goo doesn't really harm you much but it's still smart to clear them.

First phase is really quick and easy, you should use the first set of flasks on Shaper until he's invulnerable and then the same on Elder.

Second phase is all about killing mobs and dodging Shaper balls, you can even tank 2-3 balls so it's quite stress free. You don't have to kill the portals, just mobs. Try to not waste flasks here.

Third phase start you should blast all your Vaal Skills and flasks as soon as possible and get them to next one asap.

Fourth phase is killing Shaper's adds which is also very stress free, you can facetank everything that Elder shoots during that.

From fourth phase you have to start juking more skills - Elder's Tentacles can sometimes kill you, so you should at least try to dodge most of them

No juke - https://youtu.be/Otw2wThN3TQ?t=144
Juke - https://youtu.be/Otw2wThN3TQ?t=178

Fifth phase is killing the Elder portals again, same story, just kill mobs and Shaper barely affects you.
After killing portals, Uber Elder also starts slamming so if you see Uber Elder jump up somewhere, you should try to juke it.

https://youtu.be/Otw2wThN3TQ?t=193

That's it!
I feel like this is the easiest, laziest and best Uber Elder killer there is.
Absolutely stress free, hence I did so many Uber Elder runs on it.

Music to boss with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woPff-Tpkns

Catch ya on the flipside!

GLADIATOR STARTER SCALING REAVE - HC / MF / Uber Elder
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2064695

ELEMENTALIST FREEZE SPECTRAL THROW - Instakill Shaper
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2163152

ELEMENTALIST POWER SIPHON MF - 70% IIQ up to T16
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2173407
Not playing 3.20 - just a sm0l break, builds are still fine.
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Sep 15, 2018, 7:33:33 PM
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2019, 8:59:40 AM
Yo. I've been messing with something similar. Mixing in the ideas from Ele,Trick,Marauder BV. I do have a question about your POB though, the regen gained on enemies killed by DOT dmg, how is that proccing in the build? Herald of ash?

I come from a melee build background and BV is new territory for me if I've missed something. Cheers.

edit: Worms OP
Last edited by Vashseden on Jul 18, 2018, 9:23:19 PM
"
Vashseden wrote:
Yo. I've been messing with something similar. Mixing in the ideas from Ele,Trick,Marauder BV. I do have a question about your POB though, the regen gained on enemies killed by DOT dmg, how is that proccing in the build? Herald of ash?

I come from a melee build background and BV is new territory for me if I've missed something. Cheers.

edit: Worms OP

Yap, Herald and Worms for bosses.
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jul 19, 2018, 3:02:45 AM
It actually seems to go up to 6.5K regen and 4K leech with Elder belt
Yeah, also, if you want to add in more defenses while providing competitive dps outputs, switch up shroud for loreweave and add in physical to lightning for the 6th gem. If you want slightly less dps but to keep a chunk of the pen, you can also throw in fire pen.
"
Vashseden wrote:
Yeah, also, if you want to add in more defenses while providing competitive dps outputs, switch up shroud for loreweave and add in physical to lightning for the 6th gem. If you want slightly less dps but to keep a chunk of the pen, you can also throw in fire pen.

I've already swapped stuff up quite a bit and went on Vaal Fireball which works amazingly. Got almost no damage nodes and the first moment I stepped on maps, I was able to do T10 maps. Currently leveling it myself as there were no volounteers.

If you wish, you can see the progress on my character.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Vashseden wrote:

I've already swapped stuff up quite a bit and went on Vaal Fireball which works amazingly. Got almost no damage nodes and the first moment I stepped on maps, I was able to do T10 maps. Currently leveling it myself as there were no volounteers.

Oh haha, I started leveling it today as well. Seemed like fun. I'll stick with Blade vortex. Think it will be fun to have multiple options.
"
Vashseden wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Vashseden wrote:

Oh haha, I started leveling it today as well. Seemed like fun. I'll stick with Blade vortex. Think it will be fun to have multiple options.

I highly suggest you to go Vaal Fireball because the passive tree mixes up together better and it's a lot more cheaper. This is what my test PoB looks like.

It's up to 7.4K regen already :P

https://pastebin.com/XJcDhHLX
"

I highly suggest you to go Vaal Fireball because the passive tree mixes up together better and it's a lot more cheaper. This is what my test PoB looks like.

Haha this honestly looks hilarious. True confession, I've honestly never gotten around to using BV so it just appeases me atm. I switch it up and try out both though. Keep me posted though if you don't mind. It's been fun to tinker around with this.
"
Vashseden wrote:
"

Haha this honestly looks hilarious. True confession, I've honestly never gotten around to using BV so it just appeases me atm. I switch it up and try out both though. Keep me posted though if you don't mind. It's been fun to tinker around with this.

12K life
10K Regen

Ill probably clean up PoB and get to 90 tomorrow (:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info