[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

"
PsychicMuffin wrote:

Does this apply to the build itself? Is it still alive or killed by the new patch?

Basically just wondering if you're planning to revise it for this new melee rework and/or if it even needs to.

Was planning to run Vaal DS this league to avoid the massive cyclone meta, but uncertain how to work around since been off of PoE for a while and the buffs/nerfs to melee made a lot of things work differently, main concern being attack speed and thus instant leeching.

Cheers! :)
"
Deadmaux wrote:
"
Asinoeh wrote:
Is the Raider variant of the build still viable?

With Double Strike and Multi Strike Support both 'slowing down' a lot the leeching will take quite a hit ...

It would probably still work, but you are missing a lot of Damage by not going Zerker. There are some really nice impale and fortify nodes over on the left side of the tree too. Ive still got above 10 aps on the zerker before using Berserk skill. Hoping thats still enough to leech through most dmg.

Hmm, thinking of changing the build from Champion? Already mid 40s on a duelist :(
3.7 Amazing again the 2 leech nodes in the claw tree are just fantastic. I was doing ez shaper runs last night with an updated version of this build/gear with zero problems. I thought the Immortal Call nerph was going to be a problem but it was not even noticeable.

I will definitely be using this build as usual if i decide to do legion starter. Fast ez fun face tank the world!
Going to have to test some more now as of 3.7
Last edited by Roulce on Jun 10, 2019, 9:14:15 PM
@Deadmaux

What do you think about taking the 2 leech nodes?
"
Meglaton wrote:
3.7 Amazing again the 2 leech nodes in the claw tree are just fantastic. I was doing ez shaper runs last night with an updated version of this build/gear with zero problems. I thought the Immortal Call nerph was going to be a problem but it was not even noticeable.

I will definitely be using this build as usual if i decide to do legion starter. Fast ez fun face tank the world!

How would you go about it with a starter and what ascendancy? I have to admit, I am a tad at a loss where to go this league and really don't want to go with the MetaSpin2Win at all.

Have so many fond memories of Vaal DS and the insanity of it. Fast as heck clear, insane boss killing, never die..
Last edited by Xom_ on May 26, 2023, 7:59:42 PM
"
Meglaton wrote:

Could you post a 3.7 tree?

I did an impale bf champion, but it didn't worked out well so far. Maybe I can switch to vds
@PsychicMuffin
Do you have a rough ETA on some rewrites of the build?

Would highly appreciate it!

Greetings
Ive had some good luck with this.

Until you get to your first lab, it's going slow and you'll feel a bit clunky. I've picked up the rage ascendancy points first on zerker to basically light a fire under my dude and make him take things down FAST.

Once he is on full rage, he feels a lot better to play. I haven't gotten very good claw drops, so in order to max out his AOE i've gone dual foils with life and mana leech support, relying on flask damage and onslaught.

The AOE of his peak rage double strike is on par with blood stance lacerate - with 15 effective melee range it rips packs up well ahead of him. It honestly feels more like ED/contagion than a melee skill now. I'm melting frozen legions in such great numbers they are steamrolling me :P

Now the question is, do I take the other arm of damage + atkspeed next, or go all-in on the leech ascendancy arm?

Fwiw I got a double claw with decent phys and 11% atk speed as a drop recently. I like me some double leech/gain on hit, but I'll miss the vast AOE and APS from the foils.

[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info