[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

I used vorici 2 red (cost 25chromes) and got it on 2nd attempt...
Tried it out in Standard as a possible endgame option for 3.5 and it's pretty solid.

I picked Pathfinder over Raider tho, as I rarely managed to keep up the frenzy charges in boss fights w/o adds and thus didn't really get much out of the ascendency. In maps I'd get charges from blood rage and I'm running a Silver Flask anyway.

While I managed a deathless Uber Elder kill, the build feels a bit lackluster in two scenarios: Lab (mainly due to vaal pact) and Phoenix guardian. If you can't get close to bosses or they rarely give openings for you to deal damage without risking a possible one-shot, the build struggles a bit as the lack of damage dealt directly impacts your suvivability.

Overall the build feels like it is good at everything and not great or bad at anything. Clear is good, Speed is good, Survivability is good and Single Target is good.
It us worth using 2 the taming?

im used to playing derpy crit bow builds with fast clear and clunky single target (god i hate barrage), im not used to having such burst, and definitely not used to having 8.5k life with a bow. Feels great!
Last edited by alexvsevil on Nov 12, 2018, 3:33:31 PM
Hello! This looks awesome.
I know you can't level as elemental hit without the jewels.

is the +3 bow used for maps and chin sol for bosses?

Is there a decent way of levling this as a starter until you get jewels?

Or just any build that uses similar tree and is a scion so that i don't have to use that many regrets.
I'm thinking of playing this for betrayal.

If not should i just play any other starter build and farm until i get the jewels?
Last edited by arkeey92 on Nov 18, 2018, 11:54:03 AM
"
arkeey92 wrote:

Or just any build that uses similar tree and is a scion so that i don't have to use that many regrets.

If not should i just play any other starter build and farm until i get the jewels?

+3bow is for clear, chin sol for bosses.

scion can be a painful levelling process, unless u have a pair of poets pen lying around, because the tree need to respec.
until u get the full 8 pts ascendancy which will be a long way, the build will feel somehow lacklustre.
bitch about a niche game? lol.
each new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
where is the element of fun in discovering the unknown in this game?
Hello there,

Gratz for the guide, i left poe 2 seasons ago, and im thinking on playing it next league.

May i ask where is the leech source in that build?

Regards & good job!
"
Did my first ever Uber Elder, it was pretty easy, awesome build! Deathless btw, no jewel btw...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vIIPMm3AZo
Congrats!

"
Is it true that Arakaali works with blood rage despite the fact we have Vaal Pact???
Yes.

"
Can you explain the interaction with the order of CWDT and Blood Rage / IC?

Why does blood rage need to proc repeatedly?
It doesn't you only need to stop taking damage over time recently. The CWDT setup just makes sure you have a damage over time on you when Immortal Call procs which increases your leech rate.

"
Hi Thi3n, i have a problem with the build, i have chin sol 5l, only need damage on full life, and my ele hit 20/20, but vs the red elder in lvl 87 i cant fight because i need more damage, but i dont know how can take more damage, if u can see my profile plz, and hi from Uruguay, ur streams are exelents.
The best way to get more damage with this build is getting more links. Getting a 6-link might be mandatory for doing endgame content. I'm not sure as I haven't tested doing endgame on a 5-link or below.

"
My question is about Blood rage too :)
1) When Blood rage is up, I am NEVER at full life, so Im ot sure if I sure use "Damage on full life" support gem ?
2) Why using a Silver flask when Raider ascendency provides Onslaught on full charges which is the case 99% of the times ? (except Atziri/Elder)
When you are leeching it's actually a display bug that you aren't on full life but you are. Silver Flask is used for the cases where I don't have Onslaught. Use another flask if you find it better for your playstyle!

"
Does it works if you use a 20/20 blood rage ? Or it has to be in the CWDT setup ? (low level)
Yes the blood rage is put in my CWDT setup because I am lazy and don't like clicking multiple things. You can selfcast a higher level one and it will function fine.

"
Nice build! Just killed uber elder deathless first try! Did 4 tries with indigon mjolnir discharge, altho super tanky you can't do damage without standing away from the boss, no kaoms and buildup time. This build is easymode compared to that.
Grats!

"
I have few questions about gearing.
First: What is better for damage: Chin Sol 6L or Frostferno?
Second: For those who use Frostferno: What will give more dps boost: Frostferno+6 or Frostferno+4 with 40% Elemental Hit damage or even Frostferno+4 with Elemental Hit attack speed?
Third: Does 12% attack speed and 14% Fire Damage Jewel boost dps highly?
Will be individual based on your gear. Also damage isn't everything. I value attack speed a lot because if you can attack twice before moving in a bossfight whereas a higher dps build is only attacking once then you are doing "double" damage. If you really want to min max sheet dps there is Path of Building which is great for min-maxers.

"
Concerning the single target dps (Chin Sol)
Do we agree that a "bow fire an addtionnal arrow" Quiver basically double the DPS ?
Additional Arrow doesn't double the DPS for skills like Ele Hit which just put arrows to the left or right of your attack. With skills like Barrage going from 4 to 6 projectiles means getting 50% more damage but with skills like Ele Hit additional projectiles means more coverage.

"
Is empower just better than fire pen now?
Depends on your gear, try using Path of Building and checking boxes for things like Shaper/Gaurdian where your single target damage actually matters. For trash you'll likely 1-shot everything regardless of which skill gem you're using.

"
Absolutely love this build, by far my favorite bow build of all time.

Lvl 96 right now and enjoying it lots, first tried deathless uber elder without a problem, the life overleech and life pool make the fight super easy.

Thanks alot dude. :)
Glad you're enjoying it!

"
Any tips how to craft those -% fire resistance helmets? Whats the best way to obtain them?
Scorching Fossil on a helment gives you a chance to hit that mod. Pristine gives you the chance at some high life rolls.

"
Sadly horrible to leveling with this build. I'm using leveling items, and bosses killing me with 1 shoot. All my builds was better for leveling than this, all.(cyclone, managuardian, necromancer..) I don't want to use another skills, and melee items, I want to use a bow, this is why I started this build.
I hope making this not a waste of time, and can be better later.:D (only lvl45 now) The gameplay is fun with this.
Leveling can be really rough with scion (tough to not get any power spike from your normal lab) and notoriously difficult with bow characters (the damage seems to fall-off very steep). I put in my guide what I feel is best way to level in a new league scenario but if you have a favorite way to level (maybe some Herald of Agony Toxic Rain?) then do that!

"
hi, just share some notes about this build in delve league,
i find the non crit damage of this build falling off at around 600 delve depth, had to call in my gc miner to clear up an exile campsite. If u cant 1shot these exiles, they'll 1shot u.

but not to worry, the build still can do most game contents,and delving at 300 is still a breeze, but if u're hunting turongs/kurgal or aul with nasty mods, its a different thing, i suppose.
Good to hear your experience! I too had a bit of a struggle in the deepest of delves but not from a damage perspective. I ended up trying a variety of things to make myself tankier. I'll be filming a video once patch notes for 3.5 get dropped where I'll talk over some of those experiences and how I think the build will perform in 3.5.

"

The similar builds question is a good one, I don't know of any. I don't use this build as a league starter and just use a different build and then level a character from scratch after I get the gear.

"
Hello there,

Gratz for the guide, i left poe 2 seasons ago, and im thinking on playing it next league.

May i ask where is the leech source in that build?

Regards & good job!
Leech amount and leech rate come from the passive tree and the Arakali Pantheon.

Why most people take slayer + pathfinder/raider?

Why not anti reflect elementalist?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
i'll be trying this build as my league starter next week but the coments on leveling makes me scary hehe

i'll be runing acts as a party so i hope i can manage the pain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info