[3.5] Avatar of Fire BV elementalist - all content

"
kenrocketz wrote:
Have you figured out a good alternative to brightbeak with shield charge setup? been toying around with lightning warp & flamedash and they just feel yucky to me. I figure it's because they function as a teleport as oppose to how shield charge rips through packs in a straight line. It's not like I can just find another one hander with lots of attackspeed becuase the movement skill interation with weapon attackspeed. Maybe when I get my inpulsa up in running shredding pack won't be an issue with WB or something. I'm just wondering whether you've found a setup that rolls through maps somewhat comparable to how brightbeak was. Thanks in advance for any advice

Honestly not yet, I tried a new other build this league as my starter but want to at some point run this again to push Delve. Thoughts now are dual wield whirling blades with attack speed main hand. I was wondering if any of the new minion skills would be worthwhile picking up for attack speed but had not done this yet in PoB. As well, maybe combine it with phase run - stacks up, phase run, recast after. Let me know if you find something that works.

Side note, lots of items in Delve that could change some of my recommendations. One thing alone, helmet, less fire resist would be great on a rare.
Last edited by Ironsentron on Sep 4, 2018, 5:43:23 PM
hello sir, yes i was checking your pob and saw you have no shock on and then came back and read this here
"
PoB includes ideal gear (that I had during incursion, no significant double vaal mods)
4.6mil dps (not incl shock)

if you activate shock on your po its 2mill+ extra dps , but then i went to calcs stuff and it says "for shock to apply, taeget must have no more than 7600000 life" , i guess because its complicated with bv that it does multiple bigish hits , like not ONE BIG hit , so is pob actually right about this and it wont be able to shock shaper or uber elder (because as far as i know they have like 20 mill hp or something around that) ? which then makes the yoke kind of useless on them? please reply sir i ocd on these stuff , ty for brilliant build btw <3
"
colonelzzz wrote:
hello sir, yes i was checking your pob and saw you have no shock on and then came back and read this here
"
PoB includes ideal gear (that I had during incursion, no significant double vaal mods)
4.6mil dps (not incl shock)

if you activate shock on your po its 2mill+ extra dps , but then i went to calcs stuff and it says "for shock to apply, taeget must have no more than 7600000 life" , i guess because its complicated with bv that it does multiple bigish hits , like not ONE BIG hit , so is pob actually right about this and it wont be able to shock shaper or uber elder (because as far as i know they have like 20 mill hp or something around that) ? which then makes the yoke kind of useless on them? please reply sir i ocd on these stuff , ty for brilliant build btw <3

Ya you are right on the mechanics, but missing two things as to why shock is important. First is that elementalist gets guaranteed shock of 20% - this means even if you were ever to shock even under 1% that was rounded to 0, you get 20% shock (not the 50% that pob always assumes which is why I didn't click that option). Second is we need to shock for inpulsa to work for clear, that is the biggest part why we use yoke, to get those explosions.

Thank you too for the kind words.
So trying out this build, I cant understand where our life gain/leech comes from? Is it only warlords mark?
"
Deadmanza wrote:
So trying out this build, I cant understand where our life gain/leech comes from? Is it only warlords mark?

Yes, it's one of the harder things to get as a spell build. Getting the ring with it on hit is the way to go, even if it had no other stats.
Hello. Is there any other active skill gem can we swapped with blade vortex for mapping ?
Probably, but I haven't tested any of them as this guide was focused on maximizing blade vortex. You might be better off checking out that blade flurry Elementalist guide or one of the others in this forum. That way you know someones tested and worked on the skill you want to use.
With your gear approximately cost me 10ex i killed all guadians and shaper. But survability requires too much personal reflect. This build needs tiny something. Maybe acrobats somehow idk.. Build does not forgive any mistake. If you do, you probably insta die. Great dps build though wrt budget/performance.
Last edited by Ambriosa on Sep 16, 2018, 3:14:47 PM
I just have a few questions about your build.
What do you think about using life leech Anger Watcher's Eye so you can use a rare ring?

And what do you think about Vulconus? It look great beside the low aps and can free up the glove slot.
"
I just have a few questions about your build.
What do you think about using life leech Anger Watcher's Eye so you can use a rare ring?

And what do you think about Vulconus? It look great beside the low aps and can free up the glove slot.

The rare ring with warlord's mark is usually enough - the shaper's ring gives a ton of spell damage that I wouldn't want to give up, including lots of life. Also if you use Anger you'd have to give up Hatred which is huge damage compared to Anger.

Vulconus is interesting though assuming you don't have a top tier stat stick. Could work was playing around with it in PoB. I wasn't sure if the stats count always on if you keep the avatar of fire node. But yeah you could use different gloves like you said which could be good when using Vulconus. Assuming by APS you mean for whirling blades - I'd probably just go phase run at this point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info