[3.5] Avatar of Fire BV elementalist - all content

As I understand the patch didn't affect this build and it's still great for the Betrayal?
"
White__Owl wrote:
As I understand the patch didn't affect this build and it's still great for the Betrayal?

BV was not changed but the build got a fairly big dps knock from stat sticks being capped at 20%
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
Ziiyo wrote:
"
White__Owl wrote:

BV was not changed but the build got a fairly big dps knock from stat sticks being capped at 20%

Yeah, I’d probably go stat stick main hand and shield offhand all the time now. Before I had brightbeak/shield for normal mapping.
"
Ironsentron wrote:
"
Ziiyo wrote:
"
White__Owl wrote:

Yeah, I’d probably go stat stick main hand and shield offhand all the time now. Before I had brightbeak/shield for normal mapping.

what weapon to use before getting a stat stick main hand? id like to use this build for my league starter.

i have a potato PC so the fact one of the main points is that this is less laggy than triple BV is a huge selling point to me.
Coud you please give suggestions/what weapon and shield stats to look for now in 3.5 please. :) And how good is it still compared to other bv after stat sticks incident.
"
Coud you please give suggestions/what weapon and shield stats to look for now in 3.5 please. :) And how good is it still compared to other bv after stat sticks incident.

It should still be pretty good, all BV builds took a hit across the board. Early on in a league I'd probably look for flat +spell damage, global/spell crit, % spell damage. I used one of my 1 hander scepters that had flat +spell damage for a long time, it was pretty good #'s wise in POB.

Shield I would look for #1 life, then high spell crit & spell damage. In that case I'd probably still use shield charge.

Not gonna lie, some of the other options for BV are interesting this league and I'm not sure how the Occultist will compare once the dust settles. I've been looking at all the info. This build also pretty much requires yoke, which last league started to get really expensive (although that could change in betrayal).

The good thing is you can easily pivot with this skill tree to any standard bv build, probably even a Winter orb build.
Thanks a lot for the feedback! Yeah yoke prices were kinda interesting last league compared to past leagues. And I was looking at occultist buffs too. But since I am bad at theory crafting etc. and no clue where to look for good guides on that one. (Since I definitely couldn't make it work on my own lol)

So will probably try this version of bv.
"
Thanks a lot for the feedback! Yeah yoke prices were kinda interesting last league compared to past leagues. And I was looking at occultist buffs too. But since I am bad at theory crafting etc. and no clue where to look for good guides on that one. (Since I definitely couldn't make it work on my own lol)

So will probably try this version of bv.

Anyone planning to play this tomorrow, start with something like this:

https://pastebin.com/8dAF55Gy

Go with The Three Dragons instead of Yoke for shock, cheaper for earlier on in the league. I'd probably stick with Brightbeak and shield charge, felt mostly fine while testing it today and I did all mapping content with it anyways.
How are you mitigating elemental reflect without Paragon of Calamity?

Or are you just not doing those maps?
"
Wagonbomb wrote:
How are you mitigating elemental reflect without Paragon of Calamity?

Or are you just not doing those maps?

Skipped those maps unfortunately.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info