[3.5] Avatar of Fire BV elementalist - all content

"
ALEXrx8 wrote:
I think this Stat Stick is a GG item for end game gear

100% gg

For this build though unfortunately not, since we don't convert lightning 100%, also with avatar of fire we don't do chaos damage. If I had that thing the numbers on even the standard tri herald build would be fantastic.
Hi there, I am considering playing this build for flashback since it claims to lag less than traditional triherald BV and doesn't seem to suffer any damage issues while mapping with a brightbeak. I don't have much experience league starting as a non-ED spellcaster.

Would you recommend leveling as BV starting from after normal lab or sticking with something like self-cast arc/freezing pulse?

When would be a good time to transition from normal BV to the special Avatar of Fire kit of the build? Should that be held off until Inpulsa + Yoke is bought to replace the lost HoI explosions?

I wouldn't expect you to know this off the top of your head but how do you think this build would handle sextanted T11 farming without its most expensive pieces? (Inpulsa, yoke, the higher-end jewels and rings) Would I be able to comfortably run bisco's leash, goldwyrms and maybe a quant talisman?
"
Aerobus wrote:
Hi there, I am considering playing this build for flashback since it claims to lag less than traditional triherald BV and doesn't seem to suffer any damage issues while mapping with a brightbeak. I don't have much experience league starting as a non-ED spellcaster.

Would you recommend leveling as BV starting from after normal lab or sticking with something like self-cast arc/freezing pulse?

When would be a good time to transition from normal BV to the special Avatar of Fire kit of the build? Should that be held off until Inpulsa + Yoke is bought to replace the lost HoI explosions?

I wouldn't expect you to know this off the top of your head but how do you think this build would handle sextanted T11 farming without its most expensive pieces? (Inpulsa, yoke, the higher-end jewels and rings) Would I be able to comfortably run bisco's leash, goldwyrms and maybe a quant talisman?

Thanks if the questions.

The main reason you'll get less lag is from not using herald of ice, it adds a layer of calculation that is already super high from herald of ash and inpulsa. For reference, my computer will regularly lock frames for half/full second after charging into a pack with the normal tri herald build. You can see in my videos how it is with this guide, noticeably smoother.

I was surprised by how consistent the clear is as well. It is very minutely worse, but significantly better on bosses, incursion bosses, and rares.

I haven't tried the self cast arc build, but did level as bv right from 12. It is pretty slow for the first while, once you get beacon of ruin with inpulsa it really picks up. That being said, there isn't anything noticeably wrong with playing as bv early, don't need much gear and with a couple heralds the levelling is mostly fine. I'm kinda wierd like that though and prefer to stick with the skill my build is running, I wouldn't be surprised if self cast arc or others were faster early on.

The best time to transition would be after early maps. You'll want the clear early on and herald of ice rips through low level maps. The build really shines for high end damage so once you run higher maps and other bosses you'll see a difference by swapping over. Realistically though you can swap over as soon as you get yoke and inpulsa.

Yoke really is key, if you don't use that your clear would suffer due to no shock therefore no inpulsa explosion. You could potentially swap in head of the three dragons if you can make the stats work. Losing the rest of those item slots is fine, even warlord ring could be replaced by a herald of thunder plus curse on hit with warlord mark curse. If you can't get inpulsa either (even a 5 link is fine) I would run tri herald and not this build honestly. I've played both and can compare, I think you lose too many moving parts without yoke and inpulsa. Better to run tri herald than transition over when you have the gear. One exception to this is if you can get a shaped(? Or elder?) weapon with the explode 5% fire damage, you could conceivably drop inpulsa and yoke but then you'd be better off with chieftain (and still lose out on brightbeak speed).
Last edited by Ironsentron on Jul 24, 2018, 9:40:25 AM
hi the build looks amazing
can you please upload the level 80 tree on pob.
thanks
"
micky21768 wrote:
hi the build looks amazing
can you please upload the level 80 tree on pob.
thanks

This is probably how I would run the build at level 80

https://pastebin.com/p4jxNYsQ

HP is a bit low due to level, but as you level up towards 90 pick up the health nodes first, damage (fire pen) last. I would also run it for sure with Starkonja so you can avoid the dex nodes.
Nice build. Also, no herald of ice is a pro for me. Kinda sick of it personally.
"
Anavels wrote:
Nice build. Also, no herald of ice is a pro for me. Kinda sick of it personally.

Yeah I hear ya, it lags like crazy for me too....

For everyone, I've added a comparison to the main post. I've been trying and testing many different BV versions this league.

COMPARISON TO OTHER BV BUILDS - I've tried all of these
Spoiler

Standard Tri-Herald Build (Ranked 6/10 for endgame leveling, 8/10 for clear, 6/10 overall opinion)
Spoiler
Advantages
-HOI adds a little bit extra that may sometimes kill enemies off to the side more-so than this build.
-Many options, can go longer duration, more HP, MoM etc. Basically this can be modified a lot easier if you want to customize.
-Best build to start with if you are unsure

Disadvantages
-respectable but not phenomenal single target damage, on incursion room bosses, map bosses, or tanky rares you will notice a huge difference. Even with beefy stat sticks, you will do less, and have to pay more mind to boss mechanics.

Mind over Matter BV - Tri Herald (Ranked 6/10 for endgame leveling, 8/10 for clear, 4/10 overall opinion)
Spoiler
Advantages
-More tankiness compared to standard build(s), less chance of being one shot

Disadvantages
-Mind over matter is annoying, if you get hit in a group of monsters you can get stuck with no mana and die (especially when you are lower level with less damage)

Phase-Acrobats - crit/non crit (Ranked 9/10 for endgame leveling, 9/10 for clear, 8/10 overall opinion)
Spoiler
Advantages
-Much tankier overall due to less damage taken (random)
-Can combine with Mind over Matter to be more consistent (likely will go non crit if you choose this, pick up elemental overload)
-Non crit builds are very consistent, with better herald damage
-2nd best build to go with if you are unsure about which BV you want to play
-If I was ever to push 100 I would go this build with non crit, phase/acro, maybe/maybe not MoM (you lose hp, toss up to which is better)

Disadvantages
-Takes a lot of points to get to, will have to sacrifice one of either HP, significant damage, or rejig your build to be non crit.
-Can still get one shot by big hits, especially if you have less HP from the build
-One of the lowest dps builds for bosses if you go non-crit

Occultist Profane Bloom CI (Ranked 8/10 for endgame leveling, 6/10 for clear, 7/10 overal)
Spoiler
Advantages
-Highest effective HP, can get 8k plus energy shield that starts to regen after half a second and regens ridiculously fast. Regen is typically faster than anything can damage you. Allows you to basically never worry about HP ever again. Tanky enough to not worry about most damage in Uber Elder
-Profane bloom gives you a respectable amount of clear, lets you focus on other things (that the build badly needs)
-was significantly cheaper to gear up due to being off meta
-Consistent for leveling to 100

Disadvantages
-Fairly low DPS, somewhat similar to standard tri-herald (by low I mean I can still get 1-1.5mil shaper). Damage was noticeably lower, requiring me to dodge more and be careful around the more random, sometimes dangerous mechanics of Uber Elder (one shot mechanics)
-Less clear than tri-herald due to profane bloom not being as consistent as inpulsa (25%). What this means in practice is that you will charge in, kill 4/5ths of the pack, and have to back up to kill the tankier mobs.
-Gear doesn't transfer at all if you wanted to respec into one of the other builds
-Most awkward early game, transitioning to full CI and energy shield is hard early on and early league

Chieftan AoF (Ranked ?/10 for endgame leveling, 5/10 for clear, 5/10 overall)
Spoiler
Advantages
-Tanky, high regen
-Lots of dmg capability, similar to AoF elementalist (slightly worse)

Disadvantages
-I found the clear to be mediocre, unremarkable
-Version with shaper stat stick was comparable to occultist, with less regen capability than the CI occultist. Basically I gave up around level 60 as it didn't seem worth my time anymore. (tried it once I got the fire explosion stat stick)
-cant run brightbeak/shield combo if you use stat stick with fire explosion, therefore less map speed

Last edited by Ironsentron on Jul 25, 2018, 10:06:31 PM
For my tri-herald build (crit w/o mom) i use loreweave for uber elder, it is better for tanking elders shots and you got better damage for single target and the inpulsa explosions are redundant..Perhaps loreweave is an option here as well..
"
TeosMaoMao wrote:
For my tri-herald build (crit w/o mom) i use loreweave for uber elder, it is better for tanking elders shots and you got better damage for single target and the inpulsa explosions are redundant..Perhaps loreweave is an option here as well..

Ya I'll add that in. I haven't tried it personally but you are probably right, tankier for that fight. My only concern is that I like how lnpulsa stops the shock from the minion phases, probably less important though.
Last edited by Ironsentron on Jul 26, 2018, 9:59:29 PM
Thanks for the build. Just started a couple days ago and enjoying it. Currently doing red maps. I do have a question. What Watcher's eye jewel if any would you use? Also anything you could recommended for me to move up besides leveling my gems and six link? Working on that now. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info