Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

"
konean wrote:
"
D_v_8 wrote:
I do expect low damage etc on maps until I get the correct gear etc but I am just pressing buttons at the moment and perhaps not making the most out of this build. If someone could maybe give my some pointers then my understanding will increase and I will get my head round the playstyle. I know there is a long way to go levelling wise but I've hit a bit of a brick wall. That said I know this is a solid build and I can't wait to see it's potential. Also what skills are you using and on what buttons? What are the best skills to prioritize?
Thanks in advance.

For the playstyle: You run around and dodge incoming damage, spawn skeletons into packs, on hard mobs you use your arma brand to trigger EE and signal prey to get more damage. Think of your Zombies and Skeletons like your first defence against mobs (meatshild, living wall etc :D ) and your spectre as the big damage dealer. You use convocation to reposition your minions to get out of danger or to get them in a better position to do damage (must for Syndicate Operatives since they only use their default attack if an enemy is close)

I currently use following keys

Left click: Bonebarrier
Right click: Arma Brand
Q: Flamedash
W: Skeletons
E: Signal Prey
on a extra mouse Button: Convocation

Thank you man. So its the spectres that deal the damage......I see now. Zombies etc are just another line of defence. My spectre isn't good and that's the issue! That's why I'm dealing no damage. Gonna try your key mapping suggestion now. Would you fully level the Minion Army league start build before considering an alternative minion build to passive into? As for the lab. I've over leveled and am going back to it now as its much easier lol.
Last edited by D_v_8 on Jul 31, 2021, 3:11:06 PM
It should carry you easily towards red maps. After that point and since you are on trade you can easily go into an endgame build like the full spectre or move to a meta build on a second char.

Also as a tip since Kay probably needs some time to update the endgame builds try to get familiar with poe.ninja. There you can get a good idea what other people are doing or what you can do to move your build further. Especially when you look at SSF or SSFHC builds its pretty safe that most of them are solid and can do endgame content. And if you dont understand some interaction on certain things you still have the forum here to ask.

Last edited by konean on Jul 31, 2021, 3:23:16 PM
Im playing Syndicate operative spectres , wich is the helmet for the final version??devouring diadem or 6l bone helmet??
"
konean wrote:
It should carry you easily towards red maps. After that point and since you are on trade you can easily go into an endgame build like the full spectre or move to a meta build on a second char.

Also as a tip since Kay probably needs some time to update the endgame builds try to get familiar with poe.ninja. There you can get a good idea what other people are doing or what you can do to move your build further. Especially when you look at SSF or SSFHC builds its pretty safe that most of them are solid and can do endgame content. And if you dont understand some interaction on certain things you still have the forum here to ask.

Nice one mate. Noted. You've helped me out loads. It's all new gems, gear etc for me compared to what I'm used to. Just got to get my head round it :D
Hi kay, can you maybe add a guide for crafting meta minion bone helm with the help of harvest craft?
"
D_v_8 wrote:
Hi all. Hope the league is treating you all well. Firstly this is my first minion build and I have to say the levelling guide is one of the best and most concise I have followed. Last build was a Toxic/Caustic Deadeye build and I got very familiar with the play style/mechanics. I've just hit white maps and am following the Minion Army league starter. Rng was terrible along the way but I have somehow managed to get some basic gear together as per the guide which I have followed to the best of my budget. All gems are in place and not fully levelled or qualitied as of yet. I do realise my gear isn't great but availability on trade isn't great and also super expensive. I've done the best I can and I know it will get much better.

My issue is that it is a real slog on maps. I mean that it is a war of attrition between my minions and low level mobs. Maps take forever and as we all know it's about time invested and return. Honestly I have no idea how my play style should be and I have socketed the gems correctly. I just don't know how to play this build. I do expect low damage etc on maps until I get the correct gear etc but I am just pressing buttons at the moment and perhaps not making the most out of this build. If someone could maybe give my some pointers then my understanding will increase and I will get my head round the playstyle. I know there is a long way to go levelling wise but I've hit a bit of a brick wall. That said I know this is a solid build and I can't wait to see it's potential. Also what skills are you using and on what buttons? What are the best skills to prioritize?
Thanks in advance.

Feel free to check out my character and critique.

Is the armory bugged or you are still unascended and running white maps?

Which spectres are you using? Syndicate operatives are really good even without much gear because they have a lot of range and shit out a lot of projectiles.

I would refund the indomitable army wheel below elemental equilibrium and put these points towards redemption and righteous army, also you have a useless point in a random str node below sanctity.
Just hit white maps with the minion army starter. Loving the build/guide.

Wondering, should I be switching to syndicate operatives right now? Or wait until I'm ready to fully switch to Pure Spectres?
"
zuke8675309 wrote:
"
SacrifXx wrote:
Hi Kay and Everyone!

would you or anyone mind commenting on my build?

https://pastebin.com/Abas2ZJr

i honestly feel i like DPS. takes forever to kill runic mobs etc.

am i missing something?

u can also view in my profile public. ign SkeletonXx

TY!!!

please advise! any comments are welcome. thank you!

Which specters are you using? and what map level runic mobs with what modifiers on the mobs?

im using syndicate operatives, feel like its being nerfed somehow?
Hi Kay.

Do you have plans on evaluating those crossbow archers, I think it was black scythe arbalist?

It has 3 attacks, a huge piercing bolt that leaves puddles along it's trail and explodes a few seconds later, an icy arrow-shower, and regular shot.
"
ElPantera32 wrote:
I hope the Pure Specters build will soon be updated 😕

Nothing changed for it. Just the overall nerf to everything. So expect around 40-50% less damage, everything else is the same. Except that depending on what spectre you use, they will potentially be easier to kill with the 25% less minion life change to the Minion Damage support.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jul 31, 2021, 11:25:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info