Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

Im using the league starter build and loving it, but failing at Sirus. Part of that is skill, yeah -- but what changes do you recommend (spectres?) etc for killing sirus more easily? using the Frost bots from heist now.
One query on "Enduring Bond" passive point:

If I am using Pure Spectres and Proc EE using brands - does it still make sense to allocate "Enduring Bond"?
Because I assume I won't be using Minion Skills as much.

Any thoughts?

"
Waltzbear wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
S.O are fine. there was a portion of the league where their ai was bugged and they used their awful melee attack instead of their throwing knives but this was fixed a few weeks ago at this point.

in terms of viability: cold conversion S.O are quite possibly the most potential dps you can get from a specter in the top end.

The major change apart from the bug is that they removed the ability for S.O to scale using both spell and attack gems ( no more echo basically)

My build is basically a pure specter summoner and i melt the content.... that being said my current build is not even close to cheap.

But ive been using them since my build was only about 20 exa in value ( 16 exa for a decent bone helm with hypo , minion damage , +3 levels and +3% crit and about 2.5 exa for a +1 spectre chest with a few harvest crafts to get ... some resists on it).

Specters are only weak at low investment.. once you get all the usual + level gear they are fine

Thank you Saltychipmunk for helping to clarify.

May I know, in your view, which is a better choice:

1. To put Raise Spectre Gem in the 6-Linked Body Armour according to Kay's Youtube PoE 3.13 - Cold Conversion Syndicate Operatives & Pure Spectres Build Update.
(I suppose this allows more support gems to have +quality. And also allows the use of Devouring Diadem to support mana reserved skills.)

2. To put the Raise Spectre Gem in the Bone Helm as you suggested.
(The benefit, as you mentioned, is that this gives level increase, minion damanage, hypo; and also releases the 6-Link armour for other purposes.)
Also, if this is the case, what gems do you put into the 6-Link armour?

Also, do you have any suggestions for usage of the type of weapons and/or shields?

Thank you!

Definetly use spectres in bone helmet

Hi all you crafting people.
How shall best craft from this to get one more +1?
I just started this build in hardcore ritual yesterday and am breezing through content, already level 62, and it feels like its the best build I've ever played, even better then ones I've invested 10+ exalts into and all I'm playing with is self found/crafted gear. Theres no question what is going to be my starter build next league, thank you!
"
Navezz wrote:
"
Waltzbear wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
S.O are fine. there was a portion of the league where their ai was bugged and they used their awful melee attack instead of their throwing knives but this was fixed a few weeks ago at this point.

in terms of viability: cold conversion S.O are quite possibly the most potential dps you can get from a specter in the top end.

The major change apart from the bug is that they removed the ability for S.O to scale using both spell and attack gems ( no more echo basically)

My build is basically a pure specter summoner and i melt the content.... that being said my current build is not even close to cheap.

But ive been using them since my build was only about 20 exa in value ( 16 exa for a decent bone helm with hypo , minion damage , +3 levels and +3% crit and about 2.5 exa for a +1 spectre chest with a few harvest crafts to get ... some resists on it).

Specters are only weak at low investment.. once you get all the usual + level gear they are fine

Thank you Saltychipmunk for helping to clarify.

May I know, in your view, which is a better choice:

1. To put Raise Spectre Gem in the 6-Linked Body Armour according to Kay's Youtube PoE 3.13 - Cold Conversion Syndicate Operatives & Pure Spectres Build Update.
(I suppose this allows more support gems to have +quality. And also allows the use of Devouring Diadem to support mana reserved skills.)

2. To put the Raise Spectre Gem in the Bone Helm as you suggested.
(The benefit, as you mentioned, is that this gives level increase, minion damanage, hypo; and also releases the 6-Link armour for other purposes.)
Also, if this is the case, what gems do you put into the 6-Link armour?

Also, do you have any suggestions for usage of the type of weapons and/or shields?

Thank you!

Definetly use spectres in bone helmet

Thanks for the info!

May I know what Auras you are using? (I assume Hatred and Skittlebots?) Any more?

For curses, I noticed you use Hextouch + Frostbite. Do you use other curse since the Awakened Hextouch gives you one more curse?
[SRS]
So, yesterday I changed Profane proxy to an unset ring with flammability on hit. Now I can use SB without change gems. What do you think? I dont have so much exp with game but this change seems a nice buff.
"
Waltzbear wrote:

Thanks for the info!

May I know what Auras you are using? (I assume Hatred and Skittlebots?) Any more?

For curses, I noticed you use Hextouch + Frostbite. Do you use other curse since the Awakened Hextouch gives you one more curse?

For budget minded summoners we tend to get a pair of elemental weakness on hit gloves on our animate guardian with a windscream boots.

then we cast assassins mark on bosses that need to die.

if you wanted more coverage I would suggest researching getting a curse mod on rings

shaper rings can get assassins mark on hit

redeemer can get frost bite on hit

elder can technically get snipers mark .. it shares a mod pool with warlords.

But this is only when you have your gear totally sorted.

I generally view hex touch as a waste of a gem slot because of rings like this though.

and since a mark is so much more impactful than a hex like frost bite and since marks cant be supported by hex touch anyway.. you can see why i dont care much about hex touch.

as for actual auras there is generally 2 core auras and then 1 -3 extra auras people like to squeeze in

1 hatred with generosity
2 skitter bots with bone chill

these are core

then if people go ham on mana reserve nodes they like to fit in haste
those who dont can go for aspect of the spider which is good middle ground of defense and offence.

And then finally some people like either vitality or precision to round things out.

Just keep in mind that to fit all of this people also load up on reduce mana items like these:

because their unreserved mana is basically 0
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 18, 2021, 9:25:59 AM
"
Waltzbear wrote:

Thanks for the info!

Using low level precision and max discipline for ES since im CI.
Also got assassin's mark in the ring as second curse.

Keep in mind, if you want to smelt bosses even faster, second curse is worth it. Your character's original curse applys assa mark, and with awa hex you apply frost bite.
Last edited by Navezz on Mar 18, 2021, 9:49:50 AM
If we're starting with a new character/league start, how early can we use the Minion Bomber build?
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Mar 19, 2021, 1:11:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info