Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

"
Notelrac wrote:
"
Can't do boss fighting because there is no way to trigger spiders.

There are two ways for spiders to deal with boss fights.
1. weapon swap and don't use spiders.
2. do the following in exactly this order:
* cast desecrate 2-3 times
* cast a AOE damage spell like blade vortex, cyclone, or divine ire
* make sure your spectres, golems, skeletons, etc are somewhere else
* drink from a Writhing Jar

If all of these steps are done, you will kill the two worms that pop out of the jar. This will summon 16-20 spiders.

"
* make sure your spectres, golems, skeletons, etc are somewhere else

How do you do that? They are always beside me.
I can summon spiders when I remove the gems, which also means I will lost spectres and golem.
Hello! Thank you so much for the guide. I'm currently playing Spectre + spiders and I'm really enjoying it. Using snow rhex as my spectres right now.

I was wondering if running 100% delirious fractured maps would be feasible with this build or what kind of changes need to be made to make it possible and preferably efficient. I currently have a fractured beyond t12 canyon map that I would like to be able to run eventually.
Tytytytytyty
I'm selling full pure spectre gear if anyone is interested.
https://pastebin.com/0tvSfdA0
Price is about 95ex but we can do something.
My discord: AKN#0479
My ign: RitualRelatedName
Last edited by kekikcilerakin on Feb 19, 2021, 1:38:08 PM
"
After playing hours with the SRS build, and spider-spectre build, I draw conclusion.

For the SRS build:

I can do 10-boss fighting, but sometimes I can't because some bosses are a little bit harder than others.

I nearly killed Sirius with the build. He had 1/3 life left.

The SRS build doesn't have a good defence layer. Block attack, block spell, avoid stuff are pretty low. You can die easily with one shot.

In the Ritual league, activating Ritual tower is NOT a good advice. As soon as the Ritual tower is activated, the fighting area will be smaller, some area will be pretty small, so the chance to be dead is pretty high because of lacking defence layer.

For the spider-spectre build:
Insance clear mapping.

Can't do boss fighting because there is no way to trigger spiders. The spider will be gone after a period of time. In oder to trigger spiders, 1 of the mobs has to be dead first which is impossible in boss fighting.

You can kill map bosses, but you can't kill bosses in Marven realm, or even Sirius.

I also read comments in this thread, many people have the same problem as mine.

Don't just read the comments in this thread, read the comments in *literally every other thread*. Read the comments all over reddit, too. PoE leans really, really heavily into oneshots as much as possible. Everyone says you need layers and layers of defense - Capped resistance, Block, Armor, Evade, regeneration, high eHP, a mitigation skill... And then someone chimes in immediately to say, yeah, got all that, still being oneshot. Because that's PoE. Your only real defense is to just not be hit, which boss fights often make unreasonably difficult.

This is a minion build, meaning that on top of everything else, you have a special layer of defense most other builds don't have: meat shields. Multiple meat shields that can taunt enemies, blind and otherwise debuff them.

It still isn't enough. You're going to die.

That's PoE.

You find a solution anywhere for mobs just deleting you, you let me know.

In the meantime, my advice? Stack as much as you can for the things you can defend against, but ultimately spend most of your time running around like a headless chicken letting your minions kill things. Never stand still, never get closer to the fighting than you have to. This goes for both the SRS and regular spectre builds, to be clear.
Last edited by Westeller on Feb 19, 2021, 6:01:48 PM
"
After playing hours with the SRS build, and spider-spectre build, I draw conclusion.

For the SRS build:

I can do 10-boss fighting, but sometimes I can't because some bosses are a little bit harder than others.

I nearly killed Sirius with the build. He had 1/3 life left.

The SRS build doesn't have a good defence layer. Block attack, block spell, avoid stuff are pretty low. You can die easily with one shot.

In the Ritual league, activating Ritual tower is NOT a good advice. As soon as the Ritual tower is activated, the fighting area will be smaller, some area will be pretty small, so the chance to be dead is pretty high because of lacking defence layer.

I find this comment strange, because I am playing Kay’s SRS build and I find it very tanky. I have killed A8 Sirus, Maven-witnessed Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri and all guardians and they were all fine. I have never died in a ritual, even the annoying rippy ones like Shaper guardian rituals.

You defensive layers are:

1. Many minion meat shields drawing fire, taunting and blinding
2. Constant mobility. This is most minion builds main defense and is VERY strong if you are skilled at using it
3. Very high life regen
4. The spectre proximity shields are ***VERY*** strong. Use them.
5. The ability to literally offscreen kill anything

Kay’s latest iteration of the build as described in her recent videos (with Seal Mender cluster jewels) I find the most comfortable to play.
"
Kociuk wrote:
Hello Kay!

I am facing some difficulties with Spiders + Spectres build. My question is: how to upkeep spiders in boss fights? Unfortunately Speaker's Wreath doesn't work with The Writhing Jar, as worms get killed on hit and it's terribly hard to keep bodies from desecrate on trigger weapon, and even if i manage to get corpses, then my golem is way faster with killing worms then my active BV - so how would you face bosses that fighting with is long and there are no other monsters to kill to trigger Spiders?

Keep in mind that the Spiders aren't there for DPS, just for the killing blow with poison.
In boss fights, just let the spectres DPS like normal and use Blade Vortex or Brand or whatever you're using to proc EE to kill the boss ones the spectres get the boss to 0 health.
"
jok1ng wrote:
i think hatred aura stacking not good as minions dmg
Why not use both?
Minion damage gem is part of the spectre 6 link.
Hatred with generosity is on another piece of gear.
When you are converting 100% of damage to cold with Triad Grip, the Hatred aura gives quite a substantial buff to damage, especially with the cluster jewel setup that boosts both cold damage and Hatred aura.
Yay did Feared Deathless finally UNID :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26GXnE4GgW4

I gave up on the enchant though kay :( REEE
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Yay did Feared Deathless finally UNID :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26GXnE4GgW4

I gave up on the enchant though kay :( REEE

Could you share your pob
Hello! I was wondering if someone could explain why we use Grip of the Council. I’m using Snow Rhex as my spectres.

I currently have gloves with life, resists and minion damage.

Do Snow Rhex does physical damage which has been converted to cold? So grip of the council is simply a 20% damage boost. If so, how does this differ with have 20% minion damage on rare gloves. I feel like I’m definitely oblivious to a key mechanic here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info