[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Hello thanks for build. It's perfect for all content. Both boss killing and mapping feels very smooth.

Managed to kill shaper and uber elder without molten strike enchant. Here is my pob https://pastebin.com/MJiBcM50 Calc says I've got about 1.7mil dps.

For uber elder I've swapped my boots for kaom's roots and used purity of ice instead of enfeeble(almost useless vs uelder) to cap my cold res. Kaom's roots make this fight much easier.

Shaper kill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdTzeNVD7IA
Planning to play this :)
Thinking about going for pathfinder instead of duelist, did somebody try this? :)
"

thank the lord for the wildfire advice jesus...

gloves like those arent up much it seems but opal rings sound nice - will do!
oh well same with rings nothing fancy is up for sale :/

another thing: is inc damage the same as inc fire damage? generally speaking?

yes inc fire damage and inc damage will generally work the same (as long as the dmg is purely fire ofc, having some extra phys or element dmg somewhere by chance will ofc favour the inc dmg)

i'd recommend grabbing yourself path of building to play around and test what does provide more dmg (it also rather easily tells you stuff like how much str is in range of your wildfire jewel :p)
https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding

and sure, finding good and not super expensive upgrades can be hard.
make sure you are really acquainted with the search options though. not sure how experienced are you with them, but using the filter groups and the count search can be much better than searching for exact stats.

for example searching for a ring with a cold resist and flat dmg could add a filter group with cold resist and flat dmg, set the count to 1 and it will show all items that either have cold res or flat dmg, then can just craft on whatever is missing via crafting bench (provided open affix slot ofc!) thats faster than doing 2 separate searches for rings with cold or flat

right now you are overcapped heavily on cold and fire res tho, to the point where you could entirely drop your rare ring and still be fine unless there is a minus resistance curse modifier on map.
so you could easily opt for a ring without resistance or look for one with only fire res to free up a slot on gloves or drop some resists on your tree to grab a dmg/life node instead.

"
ufreshbro wrote:
Planning to play this :)
Thinking about going for pathfinder instead of duelist, did somebody try this? :)

definetly possible, but here's a few things to consider:
- you need to path from ranger starting point instead
- the dmg multipliers from pathfinder are much worse than intimidate and taunt ones. you are swapping a 1.2x multiplier for 10 ias and -6enemy res. your damage will be lower no doubt. higher flask uptime does work against this a bit, but mostly depends on how good your flasks are (propably still not gonna have perma uptime vs bosses, while duelist mods are permanent unless in partys and you dont get first hit)
- you are losing the fortify, which is a 20% reduced damage from hits. which would require you to drop a fortify link into leapslam and keep it up manually (or worse, drop it into flicker/ms setup and lose even more dmg)

"
Pryen wrote:
So this is the first league i've played, and this is one of the two builds im playing (the other is a HoA minion build). As much fun as this build is im running into a couple of issues. I've just barely started maps (im hovering around t12 maps and struggling) and some of the modifiers are killing me. Elemental reflect maps, No life gen maps and hexproof enemies, i can do them but its a struggle and i have to go very slow. is just a gear/level thing? will that clear up as i get higher level, or should i just avoid those modifiers all together?

profile seems private, set to public for gear checks.

elemental reflect is a big nono. definetly not worth doing. it'd propably be possible with a sibyls lament and soul of yugul pantheon but not worth bothering.

hexproof maps are mainly a big hit on our survivability due to no enfeeble, the dmg loss from flammability isnt that bad comparably since usually dmg isnt the issue. they are doable, but if you can just avoid them ye, why bother.

no regen maps on the other hand shouldnt be an issue. i usually get a bit annoyed having no mana regen to leap slam around (blood magic could fix it tho), but not really an issue HP wise. might wanna keep blood rage off tho, the degen makes playing those maps more annoying. leech should still keep you topped in no-regen maps really and pots work too.

i'd say no leech maps are a much bigger issue comparably.

"
Baleful_PoE wrote:
I'm new to PoE, I need help! my damage is fine but I'm not sure what to sacrifice for more HP I'm sitting on 6k looking to increase it further, I would really love to hear some feedback, thanks in advance!

at this point further upgrades are mostly gonna be from higher lvls to get more jewels in and rather expensive upgrades towards t1 life rolls

you are mostly losing a bunch of life (and dmg) from your topaz ring(explicit life roll can be higher than crafted on one), aswell as the taming ring, since it has no life roll.

belt life roll could also be higher (but thats gonna be hella expensive to get a better one)

other possible option would be to drop starkonja for a rare helmet with the delve crafts -res to nearby enemies, phys dmg taken as fire and just more flat life/str on it.

another very expensive upgrade would be an amulet with "additional curse" corruption, which would allow you to shift points on the tree from there.

btw panicked > cautious life flask. propably should get a jewel with "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" drop the sulphur flask for a basalt or taste of hate and the laviangas for a cinderswallow.
Last edited by Cash4Cookies on Jan 15, 2019, 1:22:21 PM

Will change to impresence once I get enough for it.
Besides enchants any possible dmg upgrades I could do that don't cost a fortune?

Also first time playing a strike character will more damage make it towhere flicker will not pull me backwards asmuch?
Last edited by deathopz on Jan 15, 2019, 1:25:22 PM
"
deathopz wrote:

Will change to impresence once I get enough for it.
Besides enchants any possible dmg upgrades I could do that don't cost a fortune?

Also first time playing a strike character will more damage make it towhere flicker will not pull me backwards asmuch?

- better starkonjas with higher flat life roll (also 20quality, cmon. boots quality too) this should cost you almost nothing
- gloves with fire dmg against burning enemies. should be a decent dmg upgrade and not terribly expensive.
- work on flasks, panicked life flask! also 20% quality on them for better uptime(scour to white so it only needs 4baubles for 20%). just roll for good prefix and beast craft needed suffixes on
- ascendancy obviously. use chatchannel820 to look for missing trials and get an uberlab carry if necessary.

there are ofc upgrades possible on rings/belt, but those can range from cheap to expensive depending on actual rolls. but getting a few better rolls and replacing resist jewels for flat dmg or ias ones can be a big dmg upgrade.

and ye sure, dead shit wont pull you back. might also wanna check which networking mode you are using (options ->ui->networking mode. i remember one of them being rather shitty for flicker)
Last edited by Cash4Cookies on Jan 15, 2019, 1:41:15 PM
Thank you for the quick breakdown.
I go with duelist for now and see how it goes. I was considering dying sun though, which should be great for bossing.

On a side note, Fortification encounter while leveling is still no fun :D
Can someone check my profile and my character and tell me what i could change or improve on my gear?
Or jewels?

As far as i know a good helmet enchant with MS is the one that i have in mind for now, but i dont know about the other gear. Any advices?
"
Oumegah wrote:
Can someone check my profile and my character and tell me what i could change or improve on my gear?
Or jewels?

As far as i know a good helmet enchant with MS is the one that i have in mind for now, but i dont know about the other gear. Any advices?

- dont seem to have an abyss jewel with blind on hit
- defo would recommend swapping the lifeflask to panicked and maybe 'of heat' and get a jewel with the 'cannot be inflicted with corrupted blood' corruption. (wildfire/fireborn are good places for the corruption, but if you can find a decent one or corrupt one yourself for another slot thats fine too)

now lets get to the rares
stygian belt
- has life, elemental dmg with skills, chaos res. 3 outta 6 not good.
definetly room for improvement here with double elemental dmg roll and some more resist. buy a decent one or grab an ilvl86 one and fossil craft your own (see opening guide post for that)

opal ring
- good res roll, decent life, flat dmg, mediocre elemental dmg roll
gonna want to look for a higher elemental dmg roll here, more life wouldnt hurt either, possibly double res, flat dmg roll can also be much higher

iron ring
- good elemental dmg roll here, decent life, decent res. shitty base, useless lightning damage roll
gonna want to replace it with pretty much any other base, possibly double res and/or flat dmg roll

sorcerer boots
- decent life, triple res, shitty base, wasted cannot be chilled craft (already have that from ascendancy)
can easily change the craft to something else here. if you can get more resist from other rares, would swap for different boots. but just finding something with a better base type would be a start too

e: had an internet outage, else i'd have answered much faster
Thank you so much for the guide. I think it's the best one I've followed so far and it helped me push towards endgame for the first time.

For everyone who played the build, what map would be the best to Elder's orb for Flicker Strike? I rmb Port having a decent linear layout but the div card drops are quite meh.
"
Genesith wrote:
Thank you so much for the guide. I think it's the best one I've followed so far and it helped me push towards endgame for the first time.

For everyone who played the build, what map would be the best to Elder's orb for Flicker Strike? I rmb Port having a decent linear layout but the div card drops are quite meh.

I haven't got to eldering maps yet however I enjoy ugs for this build since packs are put really close together also volcano feels really good maps like cells feels clunky to me yea you can flicker thru the bars but sometimes you get stuck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info