[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
tinoryukai1 wrote:
hey man thank for the reply, i leveling this sick build right now, at lever 80 everything seem smooth and fast. i already bought the watcher eye with fire pen.
Do u think the taming ring work well with this build? i saw alot of people going kaom's heart and weapon swap for maximum survival with this build..if that is the case what weapon do u recommend to benefit the most for molten strike.
1 more question, i can't managed to get atziri's step yet since it will mess up my res, is it mandatory? im using a high life + res rare boots atm

Hey tinoryukai,

Taming ring is very good, it's a lot more expensive than a rare ring though. If you're rich get one.

Oro's sacrifice is still the optimal choice for weapon swap, the base damage as well as the frenzy charges and culling strike make it hard for other two handed weapons to compete.

Atziri's step isn't mandatory at all, just allows for more player errors to occur without death.

"
kompaniet wrote:
Do you count as standing still while flickering? For the pantheon.

Yup we count as standing still while flickering.

But for some odd reason there are some illogical mechanics which prevent "Soul of Tukohama" pantheon from activating. Even though time spent stationary is literally 100%, flicker strike counts as movement and resets the pantheon timer. It's therefore only active when using molten strike.

If you're thinking about changing your minor pantheon to something else go for it, it isn't something which is build defining.

"
oomar wrote:
Hey, Thanks for your tips alot man. I will try them now and see if they help out! :)

Edit: I tried all these tips, but I still get one shot :P

Sorry to hear that Oomar. It does sound like your resistances aren't maxed.

Guffinn gave you some really great advice on how to proceed.

The damage in the game is balanced around having 75% in all resistances. You can't go above this resistance level, but you can go below it, and it can get very painful. If you want to see your current resistances click on menu in the bottom left and go to "Character screen". You'll be able to see the "Defence" tab from there, it will contain your current fire, lightning and cold resistance.

Just as an example to show how important resistances are, if you took 1000 cold damage it would turn into a mere 250 damage if you had 75% cold resistance. If you had 0% resistance, which looks like what is occurring right now, you would take 1000 cold damage, four times the amount of damage that the game is balanced around.

- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Soo I've pretty much finished the event - about to hit 95 in 1-2 hours. I upgraded a few pieces of my gear/divined some stuff and this is what I'll bring to Standard:

Gotta say this build was a blast to play as a leaguestarter! Slowly working my way up from nothing to easy deathless uber elder kills with just 1 character was really fun.

I think I could tweak my gear a tiny bit further but its a chore in a league thats so close to being over. The items I'm most proud of are easily my rare ring and my 100% perfect oros.. I might actually try to double corrupt it before the league is over lol.

POB for anyone interested: https://pastebin.com/PzWpsgVw

Thanks for all the help @OP and everyone else (:
Last edited by srslyFaileR on Aug 17, 2018, 11:23:30 AM
No one using mark of the elder?

"
That's the plan! Will most likely be trying the build on HC next league.

Hardcore Delve with Flicker?!?!

We don't deserve someone as manly as you.

Last edited by Alide on Aug 17, 2018, 8:33:55 PM
"
srslyFaileR wrote:
The items I'm most proud of are easily my rare ring and my 100% perfect oros

Jesus that ring is nutty...

"
kompaniet wrote:
No one using mark of the elder?

Might be hard to cap resists with it, seems decent.
- Scion Build Guides -

This has been my 1st every build and the guide has been so helpful. Can you explain how leap slam is used, I never use it and was thinking of swapping it out (Molten Shell perhaps)?

Thanks
"
exceluk1 wrote:
This has been my 1st every build and the guide has been so helpful. Can you explain how leap slam is used, I never use it and was thinking of swapping it out (Molten Shell perhaps)?

Thanks

I mean, you still need some kind of movement/dodge Skill. While mapping most of your Movement is done by Flicker obviously, but sometimes you gotta backtrack to pick up Loot, or dash out of Bearers etc.
And on Bosses specifically it is required to have a quick movement Skill to avoid Stuff like Shaper Balls, slam etc.
"
exceluk1 wrote:

Thanks

Glad you found it helpful!

It's used primarily for dodging boss one shots. Many of the harder boss fights have mechanics where the boss will teleport behind you and smash the ground, if you don't have a movement skill they are significantly harder to dodge.

It's also a tiny bit faster than walking.

If you're doing mostly maps though you can drop leap slam without too many worries. That being said, "Acrobatics" passive cuts the armor boost molten shell gives in half therefore it may not be the most efficient choice for alternative gem. Vaal grace, Vaal haste and Vaal lightning trap may be give you more bang for your buck.

Vaal lightning trap and Vaal haste both give approximately 1.13x damage for 4 seconds, and Vaal grace gives huge dodge chance for 6 seconds. You can boost the duration of these abilities with a "Increased duration" support.
- Scion Build Guides -

in Delve League the Temple Rare Gloves was maybe not avaiable.
Did you have some idea you can use instead?

Maybe the new helmet with flat added fire and 10% Penetration was also a good choice.

does anyone else have a good idea?

Last edited by _0815_ on Aug 20, 2018, 7:52:55 AM
Hi,

thanks for the awesome and detailed guide.
I was searching a build to start Delve with that is easy and smooth to level but also good later on.
I think that this build could be it.

A friend of mine asked me why Scion and not Slayer? He said Slayer was better but I have no idea why he thinks that.

Can some of you maybe message me or post you experience with survivability or something like that?

best regards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info