[3.3] Dancing Duo Necromancer, Easy Uber elder, Shaper

Welcome to my first build guide, 3.3 Dancing Duo Necromancer

I was inspired to do this build when I saw Dancing Duo being featured on the Build of the week, and decided to do my own version of it. If you are looking to play something fun, tanky, cheap, and most of all, all content viable, this build is for you.

Pros
Spoiler

-Cheap to start. All you need is a dancing dervish sword which is usually an Alchemy orb, and a prophecy, which is also very cheap. Super early in the league the most expensive item for you will be the Arsenal map which is required to proc the prophecy. Does not require the sockets in your weapon to be linked

-Tanky AF. Once you get to late game and are aiming to do Uber Elder, you will have around 9k life and a ridiculous amount of life regen

-All content viable. Shaper fight is a walk in the park for you, Uber Elder is trivial with some practice

-Super fun and unique, fast clear and high damage

-What are bad map mods? Only thing you care about is high % Quantity roll

Cons
Spoiler
-Reliant on Rampage. At first it takes some time to get used to, however it doesnt take long for it to become second nature to you

-No targeting command for your minions, which mean Dancing duo attacks random enemies in its range

-Large portion of your damage comes from Ghastly eye jewels, and since not too many people roll those, it becomes harder to acquire high end ones

-Less space for defensive flasks, since you require at least 3 Whirling Jars to be able to proc rampage out of thin air

TL;DR POB pastebin

Build Mechanics and Skill tree
Spoiler

The idea behind the build is being able to pick up most of the minion damage nodes on the tree while also being able to pick up a large amount of life and life regeneration

Current lvl 95 skill tree and leveling suggestions
Spoiler
Tree

-Since Dancing dervish does not become available until after level 60, i recommend using Summon raging spirit for leveling. A 4 link with SRS + Melee Phys + Added fire + Melee splash for clear or Elemental damage with attacks for bosses should be enough to carry you through leveling. A pretty effective way to scale early game SRS is getting wands that give flat damage to spells. Essence crafting early wands with lightning damage to spells is pretty effective.

LVL 20 Skill tree

LVL 45 Skill tree

LVL 60 Skill tree for when you equip dancing Devish

As soon as you equip dancing dervish, get rid of cast speed and skill effect duration on the tree. Fill in the rest of the life/defensive/regen nodes in any order you desire

-As far as ascendancy goes, you want to grab Mistress of Sacrifice first despite unspecing out of it later. It is great help for leveling and will make the process a lot more bearable until you are able to equip the Dancing dervish. Cruel lab is Commander of darkness and Merciless lab is Puppet master. Lastly I got Invoker in Uber lab, and grabbed the skeleton nodes behind it after unspecing from Mistress of Sacrifice.

Summon Skeletons as Secondary Damage dealer.
Spoiler
Since we actively ignore all minion life nodes, Summon skeleton becomes a perfect secondary skill to help you proc Rampage. The Bone Sculptor ascendancy makes them hit surprisingly hard, as well as allowing us to summon the maximum amount of skeletons in a short duration. This makes their life pool irrelevant for the most part, and allows us more free nodes to pick up extra health and defensive stats, as well as jewel sockets.

Rampage, explained.

Spoiler
Rampage effects both you and your minions, giving both of you a large amount of pure damage and movement speed. Your minions gain 2% increased damage per 10 rampage stacks, as well as 1% movement speed per 10 rampage stacks. Considering the cap for rampage is 1000, your minions get 200% extra damage and 100% extra movement speed while capped. It is also important to understand that your dervish has a chance to generate a rampage stack while hitting a unique enemy, the mechanic that allows you to do boss fights

GEAR AND GEMS

Spoiler

Required Uniques
Spoiler
The only absolutely required piece of gear that you need is

It is the bread and butter of this build. It is the fated version of the Dancing Dervish sword, and is obtained by killing the boss of the Arsenal map while having the Dance of steel prophecy.
Socketed Gems, explained
Spoiler
First thing you need to understand with the Dancing duo is that it does not need to be 6 linked for the gems to work. Anything that is socketed will support the Cyclone skill used by the sword. The most basic gems that should support your swords are as follows (3R 2G 1B):
1. Melee Physical Damge
2. Damage on full life
3. Ruthless
4. Minion Damage
5. Faster Attacks
6. Additional Accuracy

If you are lucky enough to acquire a Dancing Duo with a "resolute technique" corruption on it, you are able to completely bypass the additional accuracy gem and can either socket minion speed for clear or concentrated effect for boss killing. Keep in mind that if you are corrupting with intent to get resolute technique, you need 3R 1G 2B which is different from the standard version of the sword.

x3
While not being an absolutely required piece of gear, it will make your life alot easier in trying to keep up your rampage stacks in between packs and in between phases of long boss fights.

Essence worm becomes a mandatory unique if you decide that the life nodes behind Blood magic are too good to pass up, however that is up to the player and you certainly are not required to use it

Rest of the gear, End Game version
Spoiler

-Bone helmets are very nice for the 40% minion damage implicit. Considering we use a fairly large amount of uniques, i suggest getting one with life and large amount of resistances. I suggest socketing your Summon skeleton gems in here for reasons that will be explained later (see boots).

-Is the end game option for Uber Elder and Shaper fights, especially if you got enough resistances on your jewelry, helm and belt. Large amount of flat life is amplified by an insane amount of %life we have on the tree. If you are struggling to max out resistances through those, use any other armor you have to help you cap out the resistances.

-Best DPS gloves for your minions, provide up to 40 cold res to make it easier to cap res. I recommend placing your curse on hit set up here. I recommend using Vaal Arc as a main spell to curse, since you are able to curse literally half an incursion with one press of a button. Recommended curses are Vulnerability for extra phys damage taken and poachers mark. Dancing Duo are able to benefit from frenzy charges, and receive 15% attack speed, 4% damage and 5% movement speed PER frenzy charge, making it insane for mapping. PSA: leveling vaal arc is a double edged sword. Base damage is high enough that at lvl 20 you can even shock some enemies in mid tier red maps, but you will also die to reflect inside incursions if you hit 80+ enemies at once. Arc is also a great way to start your rampage by killing all of the worms you can spawn from the Whirling jar in 1-2 hits.

-Stygian vises are a requirement simply because it provides a free socket. Required roll on the belt is Reduced flask charges used. If you combine the belt roll with the flask roll and get above 33% reduced flask charges used, you are able to get 3 uses out of your Whirling Jar, greatly increasing its effect

-Use primarily for the extra curse. Feel free to drop a curse from the glove slot and use a rare unique boot with large amounts of life and resistance to help you cap. I recommend socketing convocation, flesh offering and desecrate in here. For Uber elder fight specifically, i strongly recommend replacing these with

Since Roots dont have sockets, you should place gems that are not absolutely required for that fight in here

-For jewelry i recommend spamming with essences of fear and praying to get good life roll, as well as some sort of resistance to help you cap them.

Jewels
Spoiler
Rather frustrating part of this build, since an enormous part of your damage is going to come from here, and not too many people are rolling these. You will craft alot of these. I suggest using ilvl 83 Ghastly eye jewels since its the lowest ilvl you are able to roll Tier 1 extra physical damage on.

Things to look out for in order of importance.
-High Life roll
-High minions deal extra physical damage

-Everything else that is minion related, excluding minions deal extra flat elemental or chaos damage, minions res, minion life, minion regen. Good rolls:
-I prefer to have one of each disable rolls, Minions blind on hit, hinder on hit, taunt on hit. Having all three of those between all your jewels is an insane boost to your survivability.
- Extra minion damage after using a minion skill
- Minion attack speed (all variations of)
- Life regenerated while moving. Great mod to help you survive boss fights.

Example of a great jewel:

Videos

Last edited by Popcorniuss on Jul 7, 2018, 1:23:05 AM
Last bumped on Dec 18, 2018, 10:54:48 AM
Looks solid! Big up!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Very nice guide!

Just recently I decided to do a Dancing Duo build myself, and it looks quite different from yours, might make some changes to mine with time, heh ^^

How good is Punishment in reality? How often does the enemies actually get to hit the Dancing Duo? Wouldn't Vulnerability be a better choice overall, because it doesn't require the enemy to hit your minions, even tho PoB DPS is lower? :)
Last edited by ZiiimZooon on Jul 4, 2018, 1:20:16 PM
"
ZiiimZooon wrote:
Very nice guide!

Just recently I decided to do a Dancing Duo build myself, and it looks quite different from yours, might make some changes to mine with time, heh ^^

How good is Punishment in reality? How often does the enemies actually get to hit the Dancing Duo? Wouldn't Vulnerability be a better choice overall, because it doesn't require the enemy to hit your minions, even tho PoB DPS is lower? :)

you are 100% right, i am not sure why i didnt think if this. Changing in my own personal build right now, and updating in the guide. Well done and thank you
I tried this build, it didnt work with
as wep, cant afford dancing wep right now. Advice?
"
Derpking69 wrote:
I tried this build, it didnt work with
as wep, cant afford dancing wep right now. Advice?

This weapon only works if you hit level 100 first. Hope that helped :P
look fun!

Can you leveling tree progression ?

It will be easilyer for newbie like me to leveling this build
"
GagInwTh wrote:
look fun!

Can you leveling tree progression ?

It will be easilyer for newbie like me to leveling this build

I leveled with Summon Raging Spirits for clear and had Vaal Summon Skeletons for bosses / hard mobs, and I had a blast leveling. Vaal Summon Skeletons are REALLY strong :)

For the tree itself it's mostly just life and jewels (Ghastly Abyss Jewels are strong and decent ones are usually quite cheap)

That's just my 2 cents, hope it helps a little and maybe OP got some tips ;)
Hey bud, i think your build looks really cool. Wondering if you could do a small leveling guide for it also, as this is my first league and would really help alot ^^.
"
SweptMano wrote:
Hey bud, i think your build looks really cool. Wondering if you could do a small leveling guide for it also, as this is my first league and would really help alot ^^.

Hey guys! Sure, as soon as i get home from work I will post a more detailed leveling guide within the build and what to look for. To be honest I didn't expect anyone to even be interested in this, but I will surely answer all your questions!

There is currently a little mini section under build mechanics that is dedicated to leveling, but I will expand on it and make sure it's easier to understand for everybody as soon as I get home from work. Stay tuned
Last edited by Popcorniuss on Jul 5, 2018, 11:17:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info