New Incursion Rooms in 3.3.1

"
In tomorrow's Content Update 3.3.1, we are adding two new Incursion rooms: Torment Cells and Strongbox Chamber. You will be able to encounter these Incursion rooms just like any other room and they can be upgraded as usual. Torment Cells upgrades to Torture Cages, which upgrades to Sadist's Den. Strongbox Chamber upgrades to Hall of Locks, then Court of Sealed Death. Each room features what you'd expect: an Architect waiting to protect its home, plenty of monsters who will stop at nothing to kill you, and piles of loot should you successfully defeat the threats within.

Bex_GGG

"
an Architect waniting to protect its home

It'd details like this that make me love this game, PLUS the freedom to chose your own challenges or lack thereof.

I wonder if there is a way this can be further added to the atlas experience besides the elder/shaper challenge influence.
oh boy lets add more rooms for incursion so you get corruption and sacrifice rooms less...............
I am ok with both of these rooms being added. I noticed a post stating that these rooms will not be added to the requirement of the "Upgrade these rooms" Challenge but I was curious if the "Upgrade" and "Kill architect" challenges will be modified to include the full 24 Architects\rooms but only require 22 of them?

The torment room may end up being dangerous with multiple possessions, but will hep those looking for the embezzler. This room will not seem great to a lot of people, but the increased rare drops from them should be nice - especially if some of them drop with league specific mods on them.

The "Use these devices" challenge is now slightly harder due to a larger set of rooms to choose from but could easily be offset by adding another item linked to one of the new rooms. e.g. "Gain a unique item from opening a unique strongbox in a fully upgraded strongbox room". You could then require 9 out of the 10 options.

In general I am a fan of the addition, tweaking a league partway through with more content is good, but there does need to be consideration taken for balancing the challenges.
"
Ictherion wrote:
oh boy lets add more rooms for incursion so you get corruption and sacrifice rooms less...............

Not that I ever get lvl 3 corruption or sacrifice rooms anyway, i think I've had 3 or 4 this entire league.
Good stuff
Now can you please add Cadiro to Tier 3 vault? I have lots of perandus coins and nowhere to spend them
que chingon
hype nice
So does this now make it even more unlikely that I will get the rooms I want? Cause diluting the pool with more junk (ghosts, seriously?) is not what I call a good time.

Please reconsider this change. Remove some far less desirable rooms (Flame/trap/lightning/etc) before diluting the pool even more with rooms that no one will care about, especially after doing them once for a challenge.

This isn't an exciting change, its a disappointing one. A nerf disguised as "new content"

What this is is preparation for moving incursion to the core game while watering down its mechanics to not be as impactful. Its just disappointing that they are nerfing it mid league instead of waiting until after like they did with everything other league that got added core.
Last edited by Alcsaar on Jul 2, 2018, 5:51:20 PM
nice update, ty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info