3.7 FREEZING PULSE ASSASSIN (DUAL VOID BATTERY) 6-7 MIL SHAPER DPS

"
Leverdatre wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently really enjoying your build but I was wondering:

- Why use the warlord's mark and not the poacher's mark ?

Is the leech bigger than the life on hit ?

Yes, I believe 2% of our damage gives much more leech than on hit. We do not attack fast enough to make it better than warlord's since poacher's grants 24 life and 12 mana gain on hit. I believe mana leech from poacher's mark wouldn't be enough to sustain Freezing Pulse let alone MoM against heavy-hitting bosses. Plus with warlord's mark we also gain endurance charges which make Immortal Call last longer.

Also, just checked your character and I noticed you use both Spell Echo and Faster Casting. Consider changing it to Controlled Destruction as more damage dealt equals more freezes, especially against bosses. Diamond flask is mandatory in my opinion. For leveling I recommend 2x Axiom Perpetuum and later on when you get all power charges nodes 2x Tulborn until you get Void Batteries.
Last edited by robal53 on Sep 6, 2018, 7:47:28 PM
"
robal53 wrote:
"
Leverdatre wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently really enjoying your build but I was wondering:

- Why use the warlord's mark and not the poacher's mark ?

Is the leech bigger than the life on hit ?

Yes, I believe 2% of our damage gives much more leech than on hit. We do not attack fast enough to make it better than warlord's since poacher's grants 24 life and 12 mana gain on hit. I believe mana leech from poacher's mark wouldn't be enough to sustain Freezing Pulse let alone MoM against heavy-hitting bosses. Plus with warlord's mark we also gain endurance charges which make Immortal Call last longer.

24 life on hit vs 2% of 3.5 million DPS... hmm... tough one. :)

To be fair, leech is capped at 20% of your max life by default, so it'll simply reach that instantly, but that's the point. With 5K life, that's 1K life per second from leech. Try getting that with 24 life on hit on a boss, because that's where you need leech most.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Thanks for your answer !

I didn't thought about boss fight, it makes sense now.

For the Controlled Destruction, crit are not responsible for the freeze, only dmg ?

And I'm kinda short on currency so I will get the tulborn when possible.
Might play this as my league secondary for delve, looks hella fun :D
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
My character is still pretty squishy got my res maxed now I just need to work on upgrading some stuff. The neck is first then probably boots, was looking at the inya yesterday would be a decent dps boost with the 5 power charges i got right now
"
shadowice0823 wrote:
My character is still pretty squishy got my res maxed now I just need to work on upgrading some stuff. The neck is first then probably boots, was looking at the inya yesterday would be a decent dps boost with the 5 power charges i got right now

Consider buying two Tulborns, they give a massive damage boost with 7 power charges as they give us 140-280 cold damage to spells, up to 15% cast speed each and mana gained on kill while they cost only 1c each.

Also, I'd switch Cold Penetration for Hypothermia. I noticed you changed your passive tree a bit. Breath of Prime is really not necessary in my opinion. With Tulborns and Mark of the Shaper + Elder ring you can get easily 1.5-2m DPS. I imagine you got Fire and Frost Walker to fill resists and Practical Application for dex? Getting those + to maximum power charges nodes should be your priority.

I'd respec those nodes and rush for Overcharge and Life nodes.

Also, get your CWDT setup operational it would help with survivability.
Last edited by robal53 on Sep 7, 2018, 11:52:30 AM
Hey. ive been playing this. I like it but have played Selfcast FP b4. anyway. I'm using shroud of the lightless personally. wondered what ur thoughts are on that. lastly, fuck void batteries price. lol thanks man
I love this build, i'm new to the game and i'm having so much fun with it. Yestetday got 2 ex drops in an hour, hopefully it will be like that today, dual void batteries here i come.

Btw, what items should i use until i can get dual void, the 2 maces or something better?
looks interesting , is there any way you could make a guide on the tree while leveling? i always struggle with it
PoB is showing more dps with snakepit than mark of the shaper when I have an elder ring. Is it because it shows the dps from all freezing pulses and since we have 1 less projectile without snakepit it shows less?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info