[3.3] Fate Of The Elements(Elemental Hit) | 3mil+ Dmg | 2mil Shaper Dmg | Fast map clearing!

I've made some more changes based on the fact that it is probably not useful to run MoM after-all.

With Haste aura and Blood Rage up (which generate Frenzy) you get quite a decent speed up. Based on my PoB stats I'm at 9.03 attacks per second.
Nostrademous
"
Morphyne123 wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:
Quick question on synergy,

-Skill chooses a random elemental and only does damage with it. Lets say it choose fire one hit.

-Fate of the Vaal also converts 100% of damage to a random element. Lets say on same hit it choose cold.

So, would the cold damage from Fate of the Vaal be ignored, and you are just hitting with the bonus damage from Elemental hit? How does that work?

The damage would not be ignored. Elemental Hit takes priority and chooses the final element of damage and attacks with it. So if Fate of the Vaal chose cold damage and Elemental Hit is going to be a fire hit, the damage of both would then be chosen as fire and attack with it and apply that ailment.

After asking around a bit, others have suggested to me that this is incorrect.

The damage coming from the weapon will be ignored if it is not in-sync with Elemental Hit, despite what PoB says. To test this, simply equip a EH threshold jewel that locks out cold damage and you should lose the ability to freeze/chill altogether (because EH will never select cold).

Still, I don't think it's too bad since the weapon doesn't contribute too much damage, but PoB's numbers should be lower since it is still considering the weapon.
"
pirate_yar wrote:
"
Morphyne123 wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:
Quick question on synergy,

-Skill chooses a random elemental and only does damage with it. Lets say it choose fire one hit.

-Fate of the Vaal also converts 100% of damage to a random element. Lets say on same hit it choose cold.

So, would the cold damage from Fate of the Vaal be ignored, and you are just hitting with the bonus damage from Elemental hit? How does that work?

The damage would not be ignored. Elemental Hit takes priority and chooses the final element of damage and attacks with it. So if Fate of the Vaal chose cold damage and Elemental Hit is going to be a fire hit, the damage of both would then be chosen as fire and attack with it and apply that ailment.

After asking around a bit, others have suggested to me that this is incorrect.

The damage coming from the weapon will be ignored if it is not in-sync with Elemental Hit, despite what PoB says. To test this, simply equip a EH threshold jewel that locks out cold damage and you should lose the ability to freeze/chill altogether (because EH will never select cold).

Still, I don't think it's too bad since the weapon doesn't contribute too much damage, but PoB's numbers should be lower since it is still considering the weapon.

I don't understand how this would affect the damage at all, seeing how we're still using all three elements anyways, we're getting the full potential of the Fate of The Vaal. It's somewhat true, if the element from Fate is not synced up with Elemental Hit, it's not ignored, it's just not doing as much damage as if they were sync'd up. We can use an alternative however, to help sync the damage as I've just recently figured out. We can use a Triple Herald setup to help our elemental damage to sync up with Elemental Hit so we get a full damaging blow. Even without these though, I've been mapping all the way to Tier 8, and never once thought it was lowering my damage at all. Matter of fact, I've two shotted a majority of map bosses along the way. I'm in the process of updating the build guide so stay tuned as it's getting a major face lift.
Okay so I leveled up a new shadow and got to level 70 where I equipped level 20 Ele hit and used 6L with empower etc. Got meself the taming, a really nice rolled Fate of The Vaal and a lycosidae. I'm also using yoke of suffering. The survivability is really awful but its probably coz i havent rolled much health on my items. The build is really clunky and deal no damage whatsoever. What am I doing wrong? While standing near bosses they basically one shot me while I'm only doing chip damage. Also I feel like the attack speed should be a lot bigger.

Could somebody take a look at my gear and tell what the hell is the problem here because while I should be having "insane clear speed" my clear speed is more like diarrhea tier.

I also have a elemental hit bow slayer who basically one shots everything and its working wonders but for some reason this build even loses to rare mobs and isn't working at all. I need some help.

"
Fimuli wrote:
Okay so I leveled up a new shadow and got to level 70 where I equipped level 20 Ele hit and used 6L with empower etc. Got meself the taming, a really nice rolled Fate of The Vaal and a lycosidae. I'm also using yoke of suffering. The survivability is really awful but its probably coz i havent rolled much health on my items. The build is really clunky and deal no damage whatsoever. What am I doing wrong? While standing near bosses they basically one shot me while I'm only doing chip damage. Also I feel like the attack speed should be a lot bigger.

Could somebody take a look at my gear and tell what the hell is the problem here because while I should be having "insane clear speed" my clear speed is more like diarrhea tier.

I also have a elemental hit bow slayer who basically one shots everything and its working wonders but for some reason this build even loses to rare mobs and isn't working at all. I need some help.

Your gear needs a bit of updating to make it so where you're not getting destroyed. I would consider on getting rid of the Tabula and try to get an Inpulsa for clear speed, that's a contributing factor to why you're not clearing fast enough. You are lacking some health in areas, so I would consider upgrading your belt, getting an amulet. Also, focus on rolling elemental damage with attacks on your jewelry since physical damage with attacks doesn't do anything. Your passives look great. I did update the build guide a little bit, so check that out and see what changes have been made. They should help you with attack speed and much other differences along the way. Hope this helps, if you need anymore advice feel free to PM me and I'll get back with you ASAP.
Please make sure that you're reading the change log to see all the updates that have been made to the build guide. This should help with a lot of issues that people are having. Like I've said, the build is still in a testing phase, so things may feel a bit clunky, but I feel with the recent changes made to the guide, me and a couple of community members have fixed a lot of the issues and should feel a bit more comfortable now. Once again, thanks for hanging in there! :)
I went ahead and made a video of the gameplay in a Tier 9 yellow map, link here: https://youtu.be/lbIPpu-C_I0

Gear:

Things to note:

- Using poachers simply because I didn't recolor my gloves

- Didn't take vaal pact because I dislike the gameplay

- Heralds aren't level 20 nor 20% quality

- No incursion because my temple was ready to open
Last edited by cryyyy on Jun 30, 2018, 1:43:13 PM
To be honest, chances are that Frost Blades are much faster & more efficient for mapping whereas EH is hugely better for Single Target. If you find Frost Blades better than honestly an Inpulsa is probably hugely inferior to Loreweave since you won't need the AoE clear from Inpulsa's explosions. Haven't really spent time leveling this guy yet though so no first-hand experience.

Here is a PoB link to my further modified setup. 3mil dps on mobs while mapping with Ancestral Call, and 2.975 mil on Shaper with Ruthless and everything popped.

Since I'm playing Hardcore I decided to not use any Heralds but rather Haste + Vaal Haste + Vaal Grace + Arctic Armour (for a total of 25% unreserved mana) but making me much more tanky.

I have 5.6k health with 2.5K life leach and 142 mana leach per hit. Also, 56% evade chance against shaper with 74% attack dodge and 64% spell dodge, 21% block and benefits of Arctic Armor.

Link: https://pastebin.com/LpuD7Sfa
Nostrademous
"
cryyyy wrote:
I went ahead and made a video of the gameplay in a Tier 9 yellow map, link here: https://youtu.be/lbIPpu-C_I0

Gear:

Things to note:

- Using poachers simply because I didn't recolor my gloves

- Didn't take vaal pact because I dislike the gameplay

- Heralds aren't level 20 nor 20% quality

- No incursion because my temple was ready to open

Hey Cryyyy,

Looked at the video, looks awesome. Glad you're enjoying the build. That's the greatest thing about this build. There's so many variables that you can use and can form it to whatever you'd like. I personally like the fact that you don't want to use Vaal Pact and would rather build differently, and it totally works. Keep going man! I like what I see :)
"
Nostrademous wrote:
To be honest, chances are that Frost Blades are much faster & more efficient for mapping whereas EH is hugely better for Single Target. If you find Frost Blades better than honestly an Inpulsa is probably hugely inferior to Loreweave since you won't need the AoE clear from Inpulsa's explosions. Haven't really spent time leveling this guy yet though so no first-hand experience.

Here is a PoB link to my further modified setup. 3mil dps on mobs while mapping with Ancestral Call, and 2.975 mil on Shaper with Ruthless and everything popped.

Since I'm playing Hardcore I decided to not use any Heralds but rather Haste + Vaal Haste + Vaal Grace + Arctic Armour (for a total of 25% unreserved mana) but making me much more tanky.

I have 5.6k health with 2.5K life leach and 142 mana leach per hit. Also, 56% evade chance against shaper with 74% attack dodge and 64% spell dodge, 21% block and benefits of Arctic Armor.

Link: https://pastebin.com/LpuD7Sfa

So a few things I am going to point out on this build and set up. The very first problem is setting a tree to level 100, it sets unrealistic view on the build. A large % of the player base never makes it to 100, most people sit between 90-95. So I edited the tree for a level 93 with my changes we lost about 151 life and 1% chance to evade this is more realistic to the normal player. I kept your defensive set up because I believe with heralds our damage really didn't get that much better although the extra explosions and clear speed is nice you can choose either set up. I also changed the jewels, the jewels set (cobalt jewels) are anywhere from 100c to 110c not happening unless you put in your title high budget, if so we'd get a corrupted tombfist with enfeeble or elemental weakness on hit and % attack speed. Also sword took off corrupted again over 1 ex for good corruptions although there are so few it makes it hard to buy for the average player. We are still over 2m dps on shaper and over 4.4m damage no shaper. Also a big missing point is the enchantments on boots and helmet, we want boots enchanted with attack speed and helmet with ele hit attack speed it's a large dps boost without much investment. And finally I switched vaal haste and vaal graces spots because I want vaal grace on an increased duration for the defensive layer than the haste which would be a more offensive approach.

https://pastebin.com/ynKNPs9j
Last edited by cryyyy on Jun 30, 2018, 3:16:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info