[3.3] Fate Of The Elements(Elemental Hit) | 3mil+ Dmg | 2mil Shaper Dmg | Fast map clearing!

Seems viable, but I don't like this build **personally**.
To each our own, but I feel the APS were too low on this character. Feels kinda clunky when fighting bosses..
So if anyone is interested, I'm letting go of my items for this build:

Drop me a pm so we don't get clutter on this thread.
Last edited by JuXiang on Jun 28, 2018, 8:41:52 PM
Hi!

Can you explain me, why do you use hatred? First of all, hatred adds % of your phys damage, which isnt too high in FotW, and also you have like 8 points in your passive tree that affect it. Other thing is elemental hit's property:

"Only Deals Damage of the chosen Element
Deals no Damage of other Damage Types"

So, if i get it right, hatred added damage applies ONLY when ele hit chooses cold damage => 33% of the time (50% of the time if combat focus fire version is used)

I will try this build today a little bit later, cant wait, looks awesome :)

Best of luck

Doroni.
Just an FYI - PoB still does not handle Fate of the Vaal properties properly. The author has not written the code to parse the 100% Phys Dmg conversion with hits with that weapon to random elements or the 100% elemental ailment guarantee (hence why they show up red in the attribute description for that item)

To fix that for now you can create your own custom unique item with the following text:

Fate of the Vaal (Fixed)
Gemstone Sword
League: Incursion
Quality: 20
Sockets: G-G-G
LevelReq: 56
Implicits: 1
+400 to Accuracy Rating
178% increased Physical Damage
11% increased Attack Speed
33% of Physical Damage is Converted to Lightning Damage
33% of Physical Damage is Converted to Fire Damage
33% of Physical Damage is Converted to Cold Damage
100% Chance to Shock
100% Chance to Freeze
100% Chance to Ignite
Hits with this Weapon deal 50% increased Damage to Ignited Enemies
Hits with this Weapon deal 50% increased Damage to Frozen Enemies
Hits with this Weapon deal 50% increased Damage to Shocked Enemies

Equip that weapon and you should see an improvement in the end numbers It's still not a 100% correct but rather an expected avg over several hits.

Couple other notes:
The PoB link is still not very item (even at mid-price range) configured yet. For example, for the rare helmet an Eternal Burgonet is used where we would be much better of with an Evasion Helmet b/c of Acrobatics and the amount of +Inc% ES from tree.

Tombfist, Steelscale Gauntlets (with 2 sockets) are probably a much better (although rarer/more expensive) item too for damage and life.

Finally, most of the gems in PoB are 0 quality whereas you gain some good damage from at least EH getting quality rolls.

Anyways, having lots of fun thus far in HC with this build, but just started.
Nostrademous
"
Nostrademous wrote:
Just an FYI - PoB still does not handle Fate of the Vaal properties properly. The author has not written the code to parse the 100% Phys Dmg conversion with hits with that weapon to random elements or the 100% elemental ailment guarantee (hence why they show up red in the attribute description for that item)

To fix that for now you can create your own custom unique item with the following text:

Fate of the Vaal (Fixed)
Gemstone Sword
League: Incursion
Quality: 20
Sockets: G-G-G
LevelReq: 56
Implicits: 1
+400 to Accuracy Rating
178% increased Physical Damage
11% increased Attack Speed
33% of Physical Damage is Converted to Lightning Damage
33% of Physical Damage is Converted to Fire Damage
33% of Physical Damage is Converted to Cold Damage
100% Chance to Shock
100% Chance to Freeze
100% Chance to Ignite
Hits with this Weapon deal 50% increased Damage to Ignited Enemies
Hits with this Weapon deal 50% increased Damage to Frozen Enemies
Hits with this Weapon deal 50% increased Damage to Shocked Enemies

Equip that weapon and you should see an improvement in the end numbers It's still not a 100% correct but rather an expected avg over several hits.

Couple other notes:
The PoB link is still not very item (even at mid-price range) configured yet. For example, for the rare helmet an Eternal Burgonet is used where we would be much better of with an Evasion Helmet b/c of Acrobatics and the amount of +Inc% ES from tree.

Tombfist, Steelscale Gauntlets (with 2 sockets) are probably a much better (although rarer/more expensive) item too for damage and life.

Finally, most of the gems in PoB are 0 quality whereas you gain some good damage from at least EH getting quality rolls.

Anyways, having lots of fun thus far in HC with this build, but just started.

Thank you so much for taking your time and doing research to find the fix for the Fate of The Vaal sword, I do appreciate it very much!

The PoB link that I have posted was a basic guide for the damage outcome and more or less and guideline of passives and items to expect, never really a min/max damage. But to dilute the confusion, I have taken your advice and updated the PoB link a bit to help with the evasion rating and damage numbers. This PoB link was actually used first for my Witch that I was going to make a guide for, but whilst trying the Witch version, I didn't like how it turned out so I switched to Shadow and forgot to switch over some of the gear stats. :P

Tombfist would be a great fit as well. I didn't consider them solely on the fact that we wouldn't be resist capped and elemental weakness capped. So this is why I haven't used them. If you can find a way around this, I would definitely like to hear some recommendations!

I have also updated the PoB link again to increase the quality of the gems that increase the damage numbers so we can get a better outcome. It's about 100k damage difference so that's a plus.

I'm so glad you're enjoying the build as much as I am! I hope you continue to enjoy it along the way. If you have anymore suggestions please feel free to drop them here in the comment section. Thank you once again. :)
No worries. I will provide my own version of optimized tree later on sometime for you to check out.

Couple things: easy to get all the resist with slightly different pathing. Also we can get rid of the +30 Int/Str nodes near start if you use a 6L Loreweave instead of Inpulsa which gives us higher damage and better defense (thanks to resist cap) anyways (although we lose about 2% evade chance).

Hatred doesn't do much for us so drop that gem. Also the Increased Dur on the CoH + EW setup. With those two drops and some re-alignment of what gems go in which slot you can get the Tombfist into the mix.

Check out Xoph's Blood in PoB (it's +100% dmg increase but I think something is broken as you won't be able to do any non-fire dmg and hence no shock/freeze). Will need to investigate.
Nostrademous
"
Nostrademous wrote:
No worries. I will provide my own version of optimized tree later on sometime for you to check out.

Couple things: easy to get all the resist with slightly different pathing. Also we can get rid of the +30 Int/Str nodes near start if you use a 6L Loreweave instead of Inpulsa which gives us higher damage and better defense (thanks to resist cap) anyways (although we lose about 2% evade chance).

Hatred doesn't do much for us so drop that gem. Also the Increased Dur on the CoH + EW setup. With those two drops and some re-alignment of what gems go in which slot you can get the Tombfist into the mix.

Check out Xoph's Blood in PoB (it's +100% dmg increase but I think something is broken as you won't be able to do any non-fire dmg and hence no shock/freeze). Will need to investigate.

I've checked Xoph's Blood out in PoB a little bit. The math that's being done here is in relation with Elemental Hit and Avatar of Fire. What's happening is it's taking the other flat elemental damages, (Cold and Lightning), and converting it into flat fire damage. Granted we can't shock or freeze, so both of those would have to be taken away from our setup and the damage wouldn't even be comparable to what we're doing now.

My only issue with getting rid of Inpulsa is clear speed and shock effect. We need the shock effect to help us deal the increased damage from shock bosses and it does help out, maybe not 100% but it does give us a decent damage boost. I don't really know how to calculate how much, but from starting out in maps and not having one, to equipping it and running maps, it's night and day differences. I agree, if we choose some path changes, like getting rid of a couple nodes that aren't that necessary, we can use a Tombfist and get rid of hated (it is kinda useless).
Here is a slightly modified tree with all skill points assigned (picked up MoM for more defense too as we get decent mana regen on hit and our attacks are not expensive).

Also includes Tombfist, gets rid of two of the +30 nodes, adds a lot more Evasion putting us at 71% evade chance with 5.5k life and MoM (839 unreserved mana which isn't ideal but better than nothing).

You still had a mis-spelling on the Fate of the Vaal where there was an "is" before "Converted" which can't be there. That's corrected in this PoB.

Link: https://pastebin.com/Wtw5wXZy
Nostrademous
The reason the Xoph's Blood and stuff is making it look ridiculous is b/c we are looking at the Fire Dmg portion on EH. I wish they averaged it out b/c with Xoph's you do 0 with Lightning & Cold hits.
Nostrademous
"
Nostrademous wrote:
Here is a slightly modified tree with all skill points assigned (picked up MoM for more defense too as we get decent mana regen on hit and our attacks are not expensive).

Also includes Tombfist, gets rid of two of the +30 nodes, adds a lot more Evasion putting us at 71% evade chance with 5.5k life and MoM (839 unreserved mana which isn't ideal but better than nothing).

You still had a mis-spelling on the Fate of the Vaal where there was an "is" before "Converted" which can't be there. That's corrected in this PoB.

Link: https://pastebin.com/Wtw5wXZy

I.Love.This.Setup. I will update the guide and use this updated PoB link. I'm not sure how I feel about MoM. Is it worth traveling to? Is it really saving our butts when we take damage? And can we recover our mana while taking hits so we don't loose enough to where we can't attack?

Also, I was thinking maybe on using a double curse setup with: Orb of Storms > Curse on Hit > Ele Weakness > Enfeeble. Then with our two open gem slots on our Tombfist, Put our Protector and golem there. Then with three free open gem slots, use a Triple Herald Setup to help rotate elemental damage and give all our elements about an 80k dmg boost.

Looks something like this: https://pastebin.com/mZXhpgKL

This tree is running without MoM just for the time being.
attack speed now at level 73 with multistrike seems so shit, not enough what so ever to make multistrike feel good, just put in empower instead or what? I am on a 5L atm.
Last edited by cryyyy on Jun 30, 2018, 4:48:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info