PvP Changes and Timeline

Ignore the Reddit/PvM'rs that have literally zero worthwhile feedback or a fucking clue.

Many of these changes are long over due and justified.

The flask changes will bring more defensive builds that try to stay even further off screen. How the changes to trigger gems and most of the off screen skills actually perform will dictate how long these types of players stay PvPing.

As far as which to balance first offense or defense, you are definitely right to tackle the offense first. Contrary to what some think, because they are blinded by extreme cases of defense giving them the idea that's the problem, it isn't. Defenses only work in PvP at the extreme level, i.e trolls that do no damage. For the rest of us we're facing damage that's far too high and that's exactly where you start balancing. After this balance push you can then re-assess the state of PvP, potentially re-introducing flask mods, nerfing defenses further, re-evaluating the map choices and lastly ranged vs melee if there's still a size-able gap in power/utility/viability.

Edit: Battle Royale is garbage, if you want to balance PvP it's time to start discrediting and not catering to the casuals. Secondly, don't you guys have enough PvM shit to do? Why would us getting a few balance changes even effect you? Go buy a few more cans of Mountain Dew, another weeks worth of hermit snacks, rinse out your bed pan for a change and shut the fuck up for once. Go back to shit staining all over Reddit with sheepish "stupid beast", "its in the forest" and "i did a thing guiz" threads...where you post some crap no one cares about.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jun 25, 2018, 6:46:32 PM
I think the opposite. What´s the point dueling with the same people all over again. You need casuals or new people to be attracted and Royal achieved that.
It was great success despite some balance issues.

I have to agree to an extent. I’m lazy and have only really ever had two pvp-viable characters, but everyone else who is also dedicated to pvp usually has more than one character who is capable of PvP, so it’s kinda like fighting other players in a way. I will say that Royale was also very enjoyable, despite ranged play styles dominating
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Very interested in the incoming changes, due nerfs to overpowered skills and good idea about the flask one... one thing that is lacking is the zerphi max block dodge unkillable builds that will become a problem even more now.

I might come back to pvp and see how the rest goes !
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
Very interested in the incoming changes, due nerfs to overpowered skills and good idea about the flask one... one thing that is lacking is the zerphi max block dodge unkillable builds that will become a problem even more now.

I might come back to pvp and see how the rest goes !

zerphi fter flask changes?
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jun 26, 2018, 8:50:27 AM
Regarding the minimap changes, can you still see players on the normal map ? when you press tab?
IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
Hey i hope you can nerf those guardians and occultists with 22k ES with 78/78 block in pvp
"
Hey i hope you can nerf those guardians and occultists with 22k ES with 78/78 block in pvp

You can easy counter block builds with reduced Block supported gem and 2 weapons with 15% reduce block chance craft ^^ then easy bye bye block :)
The Holy Bible
"
Scryer16 wrote:
"

You can easy counter block builds with reduced Block supported gem and 2 weapons with 15% reduce block chance craft ^^ then easy bye bye block :)

yea what if you are 2 handed?
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
then you use stick scorching ray in your axe.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info