[3.3] Octavian's RainbowTrap Fire Trap Build. Everything viable.

All Guardians Down Deathless, not easy and super fast but good :) next one is shaper

Edit: And Shaper down, Phase 1 and 2 was really really easy, the third one is a bit tricky because of the Clone, but finally done ^^
Last edited by DunklerKoenig on Sep 16, 2018, 2:54:50 PM
I got a question

Fire Trap gem says in the last line: # to # fire damage added against burning enemies
Does burning ground of the same trap count for the above?
Can we use Elemental Focus support with Fire Trap and still get the above damage?

Thanks
Last edited by nel0angel0 on Sep 16, 2018, 10:11:37 PM
I played this build as planed as a starter so here my review:

The Build is very well rounded and I really enjoyed palying a trapper for the first time so thanks OP for this.

The build felt well at all stages, leveling was pretty easy and I killed Kitava beeing SSF to this tim without any problems, there are 2-3 levels at leveling which feeld bad when you need another note but this goes extremly smooth.

In Maps you progress very fast because your damage is quickly enough beeing ready for red maps while beeing paper. Was alot of fun so.

The char scales insanley well and even so my gear is endgame but not broken endgame (I have shroud +1 gem Levels but no + 2 yet, 7 shoruds vaaled so far) and I feel in the usual game there is nothing which the build can not do. For my Delve XP read below.

Keystones are Mask, Shroud, Wise Oak, Fire Trap lev 21, Bubonics 2 jewls slot with enchant (I have damage one but penetrates should be great too).

I do not know how to link the rest of my gear but I think it is not too bad. (just check profile if you are interessted) For my personal XP, I am a noob so I felt like needing an extra bit of cast speed which is why I aquired some gear with it, to map faster.

Pro:
Boss Killing (UberElder Guardians are 1 shot in phases)
Insane Damage
can do all mods on maps (as pathfinder)
can do Lab, Map, delve (no Quarry so)
fun playstyle (killing is preventing)

Cons:
phys damage taken (I would not recommend this char on hardcore)
some delve encounters
not able to effective fossil farm without changing alot of gear

some notes to endgame:
I see the point in the Ahns shield but waht really killed me was the phys all the time...I would go now for a high block shield with insanley life + what you need (for me cast speed etc to not feel clunky)

I love the Boss fights with that char also I wiped at Chimera once with insane mods when Kingsnake one shotted me...

Shaper everything was easy to that point and I have to say it was my first shaper kill ever since I am a noob

which is the reason I did not do UberElder myself but letting me carried, thx to Sissoquette at that point.

I followed the discussion going shadow or scion. I have to say first I was heavily on shadow which switched completly. You do not need more damage, even without shorud + 4 this build does insane damage...What you need are your flasks all the time, I even play while mapping with 2 life flasks...It is such a bonus on sustain I would never recommen using shadow unless you are changing alot of other thins (ES over Life). Op is so accurate on this one I can not say enough how good pathfinder is in this one.

You can prolly do it yourself but you need skill or expirience and since I do not have either of them I did not even try yet.

to the main point on this char pre patch update.

Delving when you reach the 200 delves you get a lot of shit. The Vaal Chaos stuff in the outposts, the shieldcharging exile at some encounters and the azurite spikes 1 shotting you. For some of them there are good solutions for some of them I do not see them.

The assuirite spikes you can block with frost wall the main time but
the charging exile you can not. I tried to bear trap him as soon as I see which encounter it is but I was never able to do that yet. Feels frustrating aquring the sulfite and then got 1 shot sometimes by that dude that seem to cannot miss...

Since you are not able to do quarry at a great speed I felt I had to wait for the patch since t16 maps are insanley fun with this one if I get rewarded with the sulfite

Insane fun build but I will go back to I can not die occultist BV or Blade Flurry / Reave guy I think, I enjoyed thinking about what to do and not beeing brain afk for alot of time but no back to basics

1 last tip for delve beside the frost wall trick dance

Use taste of hate... This fu... obv with you res but since you are pathfinder you can easily do it since you have 100% uptime. So I have 2 setups for my wise oak which I would recommend at anytime.

Thx Ocatavian for a sick build and alot of fun.

1 last question does anyone has a good BV build for scion for BV with herald of purity? I really wanna check it out!

Sorry if this is a stupid question but whats the difference between the 2 shrouds and why is one worth twice as much?

"
TheFarge wrote:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but whats the difference between the 2 shrouds and why is one worth twice as much?

There's no technical difference. One is what you call a "Foil" , some people are paying extra for that foil effect. They operate the same, however.
So i did this build in Incursion and loved so much im repeating it this league.

I was wondering, how much are your guys DPS tooltips?

I get 50k tooltip in hideout, PoB calculates 105k with all buffs.

I do feel Octavian DPS was much higher still. So, if anyone is still playing this, what are your numbers?
I've been loving this build so far in Delve, anyone got any tips on how to further my survivabilty and DPS more? I feel its a bit squishy

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jawlen/characters

Time_To_Sleep is my char

Im also using Arc trap just to Clear trash cause lets face it.. it clears trash like no other =)I also pop Vaal Skeletons just to take some hits from bosses while I trap them.
"
DrizZi wrote:

I do not know how to link the rest of my gear but I think it is not too bad. (just check profile if you are interessted)

I would take a look, but your profile is probably set to privite since I can't see the character tab.
How do i know what bandits to take? in building propgram there is Alira highlighted, but all the other options also, and Alira gives mana regen, so its very confusing. Can someone please answer.
you start with Alira because it helps alot until you get the Malachais.

Profile should be fixt, as mentioned I am new :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info