[3.3] Octavian's RainbowTrap Fire Trap Build. Everything viable.

so the hypnotic jewels are more important than getting the different base types for the bonus damage on the boots?
Why Ahn's Heritage? I suspect i'm mistaken, but if you aren't taking advantage of Endurance Charges and only use it for the Life, wouldn't a Lioneye's be better?
"
ZachOK wrote:
Why Ahn's Heritage? I suspect i'm mistaken, but if you aren't taking advantage of Endurance Charges and only use it for the Life, wouldn't a Lioneye's be better?

Apart from life (100 max) is the % to all maximum resistance what it makes it interesting and cheap.
I've absolutely loved the build; it was really difficult to level as a starter this league (probably started with traps too early, and I really should have started on the Sab side of the tree instead) but since getting Malachai's Sim it's been phenomenal. At level 90 now and just melting through everything.

I wanted to ask about possible swapping in a Conc effect instead of elemental focus for bossing - per my POB this gives me an increased DPS (which I don't need) but also gives a capped chance to shock, ignite, and freeze on shaper/guardians, which I think could really give an edge. Haven't gone for shaper or his guardians yet but it seemed like a more than decent swap for the bosses. The AOE decrease was concerning, however with 4 traps I'm not sure how big a deal this would really be.
did my first hall of grandmasters deathless
decoy totem with traps op, 10/10 would recommend

it´s my BV waepon but it will work for this build right?

And i am not a big fan of shield charge...
So i can use flame dash and another cwdt line up or what makes sense?
Ok i have a few Questions.
Why u use Vaal RF?
Isn´t for excample Vaal BV better, because BV does get effected by spellcrit and added dmg to spells?
And i have a 3 link i don´t know what to do with it:(
Is Chaos Golem the best option, to put in it, or use another cwdt line up with phase run, or what´s the best?
And u only use Hypnotic Jewels.
Makes it no sense to use all 4 types once for the bonus from the boots?
Thx for the help :)
I rly enjoying this build so far (90)
Last edited by Daxter88 on Oct 11, 2018, 8:57:32 AM
"
Why u use Vaal RF?

The reason to use Vaal RF is that it gives you 39% more spell damage during the effect. You aren't scaling the RF damage at all, it just is another massive more multiplier to your trap damage.

"
Is Chaos Golem the best option, to put in it, or use another cwdt line up with phase run, or what´s the best?

There probably isnt a single best item. The CWDT part is pretty flexible. Chaos golem was chosen because the physical mitigation of this build is pretty lackluster, and the build doesnt really need the bonuses from the other golems. If you dont want a golem, then phase run will work well to give you a bit of space.

"
And u only use Hypnotic Jewels.
Makes it no sense to use all 4 types once for the bonus from the boots?

The reason to only use hypnotic jewels is that the flat added damage gets scaled like crazy on fire traps. 10% increased damage is not enough of a dps increase to make up for the loss of damage that the flat added will provide.
Ok thx for the infos.
I think the 40% dmg increase is it worth to lose 4 lines with added dmg to spells but idk i have one with crit instead and one to fix my res problem :)
Damage Pen looks good to me too.
I looked at the producer of this Guide and he uses Hair Trigger Viridian Jewel.
Find nothing about it in the Guide...
Is it worth to use?
Hi fire trap felas ive seen alot of post about poeple who would like to optimise the build below the econimic option presented by octavian (thx you for the awsome build btw) you will find im my path of building all the modification ive made to improve the damage, the life sustain, the defence and much more ! plz have a minimum of experiance whit the build before making comment becose everything is think from a to z on the build and every modification ive made from the original build(LOTS of em) are made for a good reason

watch closely everything before asking question plz

pob https://pastebin.com/hK6yVxzK

BIG BIG BIG BUILD IMPROVEMENT HERE
Last edited by proroots on Oct 15, 2018, 10:32:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info