How would an auction house be worse exactly?

"
Question2 wrote:

- An AH doesnt make it easier to obtain good gear...it makes it easier to TRADE...there is a huge difference. You want to make it harder to obtain good gear? Nerf drop rates, remove MF from the game, etc. That would actually limit the amount of good gear entering the economy. An AH just removes price fixers and people who never reply to whispers.

I just can't understand how people actually can request nerfed drop rates :o Loot is what defines this game, loot defines the ARPG genre in general. Clearing map after map with only crap dropping, where's the fun in that? AH was a disaster in D3 - finding good items in game was pure lotto, AH was the only reliable option. I prefer having a little struggle with my trades and still have fun while actually playing the game.
"
Phrazz wrote:
I'm sure they thought D3 was a beautiful game with a beautiful economy while it had its AH. Fun times.

Diablo 3 also had a real money auction house driving up the consequences of the auction house by magnitudes. On top of that, the entire game was developed having one meaning that you kind of HAD to use it and if that wasn't enough, the economy was fixed which meant that it never, ever recovered but constantly got worse and worse. None of these things are necessary to include in Path of Exile, GGG will never stop doing leagues only to include a real money auction house. That's just stupid, Blizzard's version of an auction was stupid.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
crystalwitch wrote:

But let me explain this a little bit first; do you see the third column there?
The one that's labelled 'Time'?

That's how long the auction has before it ends and you get the item. (as long as you weren't outbid while you were asleep)

But yes, there is a buyout option.
Pay a bit extra to skip the wait and get it now!

Did you notice the second item from the bottom?
'Loaf of Bread' x5?

Do you see how the buyout price is twice as high as the initial bid?

Do you have any idea how it even works in RIFT? I dont know what you even try to prove by that SS. Everything there is set by players themselves, auction time, starting bid , buyout price, everything.
They could skip the time/bid portion of AH and just be simple purchase. Be like the trade sites without the frustration of taking 20 whispers to buy something. Trading in this game is cancer, if not fixing with an AH, they need to do something else.
I would 100% play SSF only if there was a farmable div card for poet pen.
POE is an ARPG and not an MMO. stop giving as examples MMO's that have an AH. Comparing apples and oranges.

WE get new leagues with new economies every 3-4 months.

And AH would not make sense in this game.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Hellgate: Online is arpg and it had AH. Dunno if it has because been several years im not checking this game.
"
de99ial wrote:
Hellgate: Online is arpg and it had AH. Dunno if it has because been several years im not checking this game.

Game died but its irrelevant. They had "fix economy" topic on forums every week and thats what matters.
Last edited by kuciol on Jun 18, 2018, 8:23:25 AM
"
de99ial wrote:

Clearly a great success story. It's so great it's one of the most acclaimed games of our time.

*sarcasm off*
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
This is similar to people wanting nerfs on bosses and other things that do damage in this game.
They can't do that content so it has to be nerfed.

It's the exact same thing with trading. If you know how, the current trade is more than enough for you. No reason to make it easier than it already is.
"
lunshea wrote:

I just can't understand how people actually can request nerfed drop rates :o Loot is what defines this game, loot defines the ARPG genre in general. Clearing map after map with only crap dropping, where's the fun in that? AH was a disaster in D3 - finding good items in game was pure lotto, AH was the only reliable option. I prefer having a little struggle with my trades and still have fun while actually playing the game.

If player acquires good items too quickly, he gets bored too quickly, and leaves game too quickly.
"a litle struggle with my trades" isnt a valid reason, trading is already far too easy in PoE, with exceptions of cases like you need 30+ Essences for crafting.
GGG made all items tradeable, and even worse - they allow re-selling "used items". IF they made items "bind to account on equip", they could improve drop rates while keeping the same gear progression speed.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info