How would an auction house be worse exactly?

Rather than concentrating the wealth of the game in 1% of the player base, it will concentrate it in 0.01% of the player base.

Market manipulation is bad now...Imagine when people can write scripts for it?

It will make many more of your drops unsellable.

Mispriced items will be sniped by bots.

"
bordillo wrote:
But again thats simply a falsehood. Drop rates could stay the same, all your meta items are still going to be super expensive and rare. The drop rates are already regulated around trading, we just have to use a rotary phone to do it. How is someone taking 10 minutes out of playing the game to go through a trading website to buy a t9 better for the game exactly?

First of all; read the Trading Manifesto. They (GGG) more or less says so directly: If items become easier to acquire, they will be forced to reduce drop rates. It's a pretty simple formula. So yes, they could stay the same, but they wont. So there's that.

And it's not just about the time spent trading. It's about how easy things are to acquire. The drop rates are regulated with trading in mind, you're right about that. But it would be way worse with an automated AH present. It's pretty self-explainable.

Listen, the trading system we have today is FAR from perfect. No one is defending the current system. But it beats an automated AH by several miles.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 17, 2018, 1:59:41 PM
"
kuciol wrote:
"
IIPheXII wrote:
Worse than the current system won't be, that's for sure. People will keep telling about the "but it will be easier to get a lot of items". That's a giant lie. The number of Kaom's heart listed for trade won't change. High amount, low demand items are garbage overall and nobody really buys them, so if market gets inflated on those it's no big deal.

These people simply can't realize there is no challenge in whispering someone and getting no answer. Repeat for x100 until someone does and you got your item. It's just time consuming and frustrating wait (more like a queue simulator). Not to mention having to leave your map to trade someone.

Its you that dont understand how it will end up. The lower tier items will be worth nothing, completely 0 while the high end items like Kaom will skyrocket in price. Why will it end up like this? Sorry but i dont have the will to explain the basics for 100th time. Lets just say thats how economy works.

Even if the basic laws of economy would not apply here than you must convince GGG and thats not going to happen. They have stated multiple times that trading is ALREADY TO EASY. They want some form of trading but they dont want it to be the main way to get items.

Thats exactly how it is now anyway
The should disable trade tabs and the trade window for a league and have people trade the old way....just for the lolz
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
bordillo wrote:
But again thats simply a falsehood. Drop rates could stay the same, all your meta items are still going to be super expensive and rare. The drop rates are already regulated around trading, we just have to use a rotary phone to do it. How is someone taking 10 minutes out of playing the game to go through a trading website to buy a t9 better for the game exactly?

First of all; read the Trading Manifesto. They (GGG) more or less says so directly: If items become easier to acquire, they will be forced to reduce drop rates. It's a pretty simple formula. So yes, they could stay the same, but they wont. So there's that.

And it's not just about the time spent trading. It's about how easy things are to acquire. The drop rates are regulated with trading in mind, you're right about that. But it would be way worse with an automated AH present. It's pretty self-explainable.

Listen, the trading system we have today is FAR from perfect. No one is defending the current system. But it beats an automated AH by several miles.

If I am assuming GGG has dumb reasons for not having an AH in place instead of the current system, I am also assuming that the logic they use to reach that conclusion is also bad.
"
bordillo wrote:

Thats exactly how it is now anyway

This is the worse sentence in the history of mankind.

"It sucks now, so it doesn't matter if we make it worse".

"I JUST WANT TO BUY EVERYTHING I WANT, WHEN I WANT IT. BECAUSE I DESERVE IT"
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
because trade flipping is already more lucrative than actually playing the game

imagine if it was completely automated.

the economy would be royally fucked.

even the more common "rare" items like kaom's heart and belly would quadruple in price
"
kuciol wrote:
"
IIPheXII wrote:
High amount, low demand items are garbage overall and nobody really buys them, so if market gets inflated on those it's no big deal.

Its you that dont understand how it will end up. The lower tier items will be worth nothing, completely 0 while the high end items like Kaom will skyrocket in price. Why will it end up like this? Sorry but i dont have the will to explain the basics for 100th time. Lets just say thats how economy works.

Even if the basic laws of economy would not apply here than you must convince GGG and thats not going to happen. They have stated multiple times that trading is ALREADY TO EASY. They want some form of trading but they dont want it to be the main way to get items.

Did you even read? Low tier items are alredy worth nothing. The only "value" they have is the time wasted on trades and i don't think i will miss that if it goes away. The problem is not if it's easy. The problem is that it is VERY frustrating and interrupts the gameplay constantly. Players (mostly toxic ones) have quite a lot of responsability for that but the system is no better.

"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
IIPheXII wrote:

Did you even read? Low tier items are alredy worth nothing. The only "value" they have is the time wasted on trades and i don't think i will miss that if it goes away. The problem is not if it's easy. The problem is that it is VERY frustrating and interrupts the gameplay constantly. Players (mostly toxic ones) have quite a lot of responsability for that but the system is no better.

When i said low tier i meant those 1-10c items, all of them would be worth alc shards, meanwhile shit like kaoms will get to 200 ex (just an example but not hyperbole in any way, it can go even higher).

This is meaningless anyway since trading shouldnt be the focus in the first place and thats GGG words. Trading should be "last resort" kind of thing not the main focus.
"
shaunika90 wrote:
because trade flipping is already more lucrative than actually playing the game

imagine if it was completely automated.

Then don't allow trade flipping. This seems to be a big thing people are concerned about, so just don't allow it.

As for the manifesto, that just sounded like the biggest bunch on lame excuses.

The entire argument is something like, "We see some perceived problem. We're too lazy to figure out a way around it. So we'll just make trading a huge pain in the ass, so only a few people will bother with it."
Last edited by harddaysnight on Jun 17, 2018, 2:35:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info