How would an auction house be worse exactly?

You can't be serious about Kaoms. There's easily 100,000 of them in existence and less that that actively playing. They'd be worth exactly what someone would be willing to sell for and no more. They'd be free. There wouldn't be more than half a dozen items that would be selling for anything more than the cost to sell them, and NO unique would be worth squat. Even Headhunters. There's plenty to go around and once you've got one, you've got one.
"
harddaysnight wrote:
Then don't allow trade flipping. This seems to be a big thing people are concerned about, so just don't allow it.

Wow, that's a well though out solution.

/sarcasm

Look children I know you want to eat candy for every meal, but sometimes you just have to eat your vegetables. It doesn't taste good now, but you will be happier in the long run. If you can't understand that then you will just have to take the word of someone smarter than you, like this guy

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870
Ye ye , we could discuss this for months but like i said its pointless. GGG had made it clear so many times that AH is not an option, they clearly stated why etc. Some poeple are just to stubborn or to stupid to understand.
"
beaniac wrote:
"
harddaysnight wrote:
Then don't allow trade flipping. This seems to be a big thing people are concerned about, so just don't allow it.

Wow, that's a well though out solution.

/sarcasm

Look children I know you want to eat candy for every meal, but sometimes you just have to eat your vegetables. It doesn't taste good now, but you will be happier in the long run. If you can't understand that then you will just have to take the word of someone smarter than you, like this guy

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870

And just exactly what is wrong with it? Calling someone children is a non-argument.

And that manifesto is fucking lame.
"
harddaysnight wrote:

And just exactly what is wrong with it? Calling someone children is a non-argument.

What is wrong with it? It wasn't a solution at all. Please tell us how they would do this, without doing the one thing they said they'll never do; make items account bound.

"The manifesto is fucking lame" isn't exactly an argument either. The manifesto is though-out, logic and direct. Just because you don't agree with it, because you're entitled to get everything you want, when you want it, doesn't make it lame. Or is it the amount of text that frightens you?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
kuciol wrote:

Its you that dont understand how it will end up. The lower tier items will be worth nothing, completely 0 while the high end items like Kaom will skyrocket in price. Why will it end up like this? Sorry but i dont have the will to explain the basics for 100th time. Lets just say thats how economy works.

Thats a giant lie.
Auction house usualy have a very simple system that prevent that kind of thing.
Listing COST incur and are based on the BUY NOW or Auction FINAL PRICE!
This mean that buying every single pair or Goldwyrm , good Bisco Leash or QotF become a none issue. No one will pay overprice because they will let the guy drown in fees while buying a little lower end.

The only reason auction house does not exist is because it take stash space. It's their business model. No stash space, cant really trade as you have no space to let item sit forever since you already have 12 fragment type, 65 type of currency that take countless stack, 100 type of essences, over 230 divination cards and so on. The auction house not existing is a crippling factor to economy and if it existed, they would feel it as a crippling factor to the stash sales. Its what they chose and Im not there to argue with them... But it's the reality.

Also, in-game auction house sniping bot are way easier to detect. As of now, everyone who make an api can program a bot to simply send the msg to another player. In short, it make automation harder to detect and easy to deny from GGG perspective as you see nothing different between normal and bot users. Aside the pace at which they pm the players.
Last edited by petitcrabe1 on Jun 17, 2018, 3:10:15 PM
Listing cost. Too high and nobody uses it for anything and everyone's back to complaining about trade. Too low and it might as well be free. Cost "just right" is nonsense because it's dynamic. There's no "just right" and if you deviate from anything remotely close to it the game dies. Not worth that.
"
bordillo wrote:
Even if it was for maps and currency items, how exactly would that make the game worse than it is today?

It wont make game worse, only better. If it will be implemented correctly.
If there will be an stupid issue with it, like too high fees, or currency restriction (like, you should charge no less than 1 chaos), or too few items allowed to posted at once (like we had in D3 - 10 items max), then it might be worse. You can always make things worse with good idea, that was badly implemented.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jun 17, 2018, 3:20:19 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
harddaysnight wrote:

What is wrong with it? It wasn't a solution at all. Please tell us how they would do this, without doing the one thing they said they'll never do; make items account bound.

"The manifesto is fucking lame" isn't exactly an argument either. The manifesto is though-out, logic and direct. Just because you don't agree with it, because you're entitled to get everything you want, when you want it, doesn't make it lame. Or is it the amount of text that frightens you?

Actually one solution IS to make it account bound, or at least temporarily.

But trade can be made easier without that. Why should I have to drop everything I'm doing, go someplace else, maybe relog a different league, invite someone to a party, wait for them to come to my HO, make the trade, then travel back to where I was, every time I want to trade? That's assuming they actually show up.

That's absurd.

There is too much argument based on making it difficult. If you make it too easy, then people might actually do it. That's exclusive. Yes anyone CAN trade. But it's de facto exclusive. The argument is based on the fact that people won't trade if you make it difficult. It's based on the idea that GGG will adjust things so that just the right amount of player will trade, excluding the rest.

I don't normally get involved in this debate. I fully understand that GGG is going to do it this way. But I feel I should at least every now and then voice my support for team HC. No I don't necessarily support a full AH, but I do support changes so it's not such a pain in the ass. Chris seems to think we are at the right balance of pain in the assness, with just the right amount of exclusivity.
"
petitcrabe1 wrote:

Auction house usualy have a very simple system that prevent that kind of thing.
Listing COST incur and are based on the BUY NOW or Auction FINAL PRICE!
This mean that buying every single pair or Goldwyrm , good Bisco Leash or QotF become a none issue. No one will pay overprice because they will let the guy drown in fees while buying a little lower end.

And how do you determine that fee? Orbs have no value at all, players give it to them and thats dynamic process. PoE has not standard currency and such solution cannot work.

As i said before this discussion is pointless. GGG was clear in manifesto. AH will never be introduced because trading is already to easy. They gave in for public stash tabs and now they regret that decision. You may like it , you might not but thats how it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info