[3.6] Fire Elemental Hit Deadeye - Budget - Endgame

"
kompaniet wrote:
The trees without the lioneye jewel and claw passives have low leech.

Are people really playing without Vitality void?

Was wondering the same thing, but there is quite good leech on the claw side with lioneye.
I played this build to 100 and cleared all content this league.

I was doing a lot of grinding while binging TV and had some problems with dumb deaths, so I respecced into a version with around 8.5k life around level 96 by going for the Constitution cluster and then again to a version with over 10k life at level 99 with Heart of the Warrior. The clear speed was still great. I even got a +2 fire corrupted Frostferno and stopped using it. Here was my final tree: www.poeurl.com/b2bV

I think using +2 to fire/light/cold essences on a cheap 6L bow is the way to go for most people most of the time (only 20c plus a few c for the essence). Making a 6L +3 bow with both crit and attack speed is still cheaper and often better than a 6L chin sol or quill rain. Explanation:
Spoiler
Most people are not farming end game Guardians/Shaper/Uber Elder most of the time, which is really the only advantage Chin Sol has. And if you want to do these fights, unless you are very comfortable with the mechanics, it's easier to stay at ranged. I was dropping lvl 83 Omintect in around a second each stage with my massive life version and a +3 bow. That's plenty of damage unless you really care about speed farming end game bosses.

I also think a 2 socket Tombfist is a must for this build if you have some currency. Nothing can compete with it on damage or HP.
"
Merlin_S wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

Was wondering the same thing, but there is quite good leech on the claw side with lioneye.

With my 10k life version (little investment in DPS), using GMP/Mirage Arrow/cold to fire (so effectively worse than a 4L), and no flasks or power charges, PoB shows my DPS against Shaper/Guardians at 460k. 0.4% of 460k is still around 2k life per second. This is a worst case scenario though: with a little more tree investment in DPS, or against a normal enemy, or with flasks active, or with a single target version instead of GMP, life leech will still be capped. Vitality void doesn't raise the cap enough to justify it IMO. However if you are leveling, your gear sucks, and you are prioritizing survivability, maybe it could be justified.
"
Merlin_S wrote:
Hey there,
thanks for the greaaat build you provided here :)
Was just wondering why you didn't picked phase acrobatics (Vs a few life/dmg points) ?
thanks man!

Thanks, any opinion on this?
"
A_Riot_Coming wrote:
"
Merlin_S wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

With my 10k life version (little investment in DPS), using GMP/Mirage Arrow/cold to fire (so effectively worse than a 4L), and no flasks or power charges, PoB shows my DPS against Shaper/Guardians at 460k. 0.4% of 460k is still around 2k life per second. This is a worst case scenario though: with a little more tree investment in DPS, or against a normal enemy, or with flasks active, or with a single target version instead of GMP, life leech will still be capped. Vitality void doesn't raise the cap enough to justify it IMO. However if you are leveling, your gear sucks, and you are prioritizing survivability, maybe it could be justified.

Is that single target dps? I'm nowhere near 460k. For me it shows 250k dps for single target 5l ele hit. I didn't make any adjustments in path of building though. Might have missed something. I turned off vaal haste. That's the only setting i changed.

Do you have a pob link for your charchter? Your current charachter doesn't seem to be using a +3 bow. I only see a chin sol and it's 6l.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 26, 2018, 12:28:59 PM
Am thinking of doing this in Delve, since it's clearly strong and I'd like to do a ranged build for a change. What's the viability of doing this in a fresh league? I would expect the combat focus jewels to by pricey enough that it would be hard to get them to level with in the first 2-3 days.
"
kompaniet wrote:

Is that single target dps? I'm nowhere near 460k. For me it shows 250k dps for single target 5l ele hit. I didn't make any adjustments in path of building though. Might have missed something. I turned off vaal haste. That's the only setting i changed.

Ya, that's single target using GMP. But I also had a bunch of expensive end game gear like 4 mod jewels and double corrupted Tombfist.

Were you using your Frostferno as you "5L"? It looks like your 5L in your bow is suffering from no Pyre or cold-to-fire, that makes a big difference. If you are using Combustion, ticking the ignited box in PoB makes a decent DPS difference (you should be igniting around 100%).

For you it sounds like Vitality Void is still worth it since you probably aren't hitting the leech cap. I also had it for quite a while.

"
kompaniet wrote:
Do you have a pob link for your charchter? Your current charachter doesn't seem to be using a +3 bow. I only see a chin sol and it's 6l.

I respecced and bought a chin sol a bit after writing my post because I was curious to try all the end game bosses with the more traditional higher DPS setup. No PoB link.
As far as gear upgrade order, I think a lot of people aren't realizing how huge of an upgrade Xoph's Blood is. If I was doing this again my gear order would be:

1. Pyre + Combat Focus Jewels
(1b. fill out gear with ~1 chaos rares)
2. Call of the Brotherhood
3. 6L white bow with a +2 essence (maybe even before CotB at current prices)
4. Spend a bit more getting rares that don't completely suck to fill things out (like 1-7c each)
5. Xoph's Blood
6. Frostferno*
7. Everything else (upgrade jewels, get 2 socket Tombfist, craft +3 bow with both crit and atk speed or 6L Chin Sol, etc.)

In other words, I would start saving for the ~7 ex Xoph's Blood when the rest of your stuff is only worth around 1 ex combined.

*If you are just trying to level or farm non-guardian maps, bosses aren't even really worth doing outside of a few exceptions. I think a good case can be made for skipping Frostferno until you want to do guardians. And even then, I was able to do all content including uber elder with slower projectiles for GMP in a gem swap without much problem.
Last edited by A_Riot_Coming on Aug 26, 2018, 1:51:43 PM
"
A_Riot_Coming wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

Ya, that's single target using GMP. But I also had a bunch of expensive end game gear like 4 mod jewels and double corrupted Tombfist.

Were you using your Frostferno as you "5L"? It looks like your 5L in your bow is suffering from no Pyre or cold-to-fire, that makes a big difference. If you are using Combustion, ticking the ignited box in PoB makes a decent DPS difference (you should be igniting around 100%).

For you it sounds like Vitality Void is still worth it since you probably aren't hitting the leech cap. I also had it for quite a while.

"
kompaniet wrote:

I respecced and bought a chin sol a bit after writing my post because I was curious to try all the end game bosses with the more traditional higher DPS setup. No PoB link.

Hello.

I put the gems in frostferno for single target setup and chin sol 5l is for clearing.
The guide says i dont need pyre if i use frostferno so that's why i don't have it. Perhaps i misunderstand this guide.

Thanks for the advice.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 27, 2018, 4:09:49 PM
So how is this for a league starter?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info