[3.3 Update2] Sidefx - "Elemental Lit" 4.2m Shaper Dps, This is broken.

"
bNNy wrote:
Any leveling advice? Like gems and gear? And why are u using two elemental hit setups? I dont really get it

i used the quillrain and the 6l setup i currently have to lv with as well, while also rushing jewel spots to cut to pure fire. Also using pyre and call of the brotherhood and the new incursion neck at early lvs is huge. It was a slow start but then took off. For single target you have to use one of the new traps (flamethrower or Spire) because you have no single target until 62. You use 2 elemental hit set ups because the way you are scaling each one is different. You have one set up for clear Chain and speed the other is slow and single shots for Big single target.
I just don't get the single target setup in this.

It's so slow / clunky I've died twice to Uber Izaro final phase just because by the time I actually fire an arrow (god forbid I miss the first one) he one shots me. Currently level 80 with 5.6k , this is honestly starting to get annoying as hell.

I still need to replace my gloves for some with accuracy / atk speed on them and my ring, but I need my uber lab for that so I can reclaim those passives leading to the duelist area and get the much needed int.

Clearing maps is a total non event with 6L Quillrain + Rigwald's but single target dmg, while enormous when it does it feels like using the slowest 2h mace there is. I'm hoping it gets better with more atk speed / accuracy but I'm starting to lose faith...
Last edited by NayleenMT on Jun 18, 2018, 12:31:21 PM
"
NayleenMT wrote:
I just don't get the single target setup in this.

It's so slow / clunky I've died twice to Uber Izaro final phase just because by the time I actually fire an arrow (god forbid I miss the first one) he one shots me. Currently level 80 with 5.6k , this is honestly starting to get annoying as hell.

I still need to replace my gloves for some with accuracy / atk speed on them and my ring, but I need my uber lab for that so I can reclaim those passives leading to the duelist area and get the much needed int.

Clearing maps is a total non event with 6L Quillrain + Rigwald's but single target dmg, while enormous when it does it feels like using the slowest 2h mace there is. I'm hoping it gets better with more atk speed / accuracy but I'm starting to lose faith...

attack speed and accuracy is key that's what i have been saying. there is tons of proof of this build being insane. keep with it.
Finally got my uber lab, now at 95% hit chance with the Quillrain, 94% with the chin sol thanks to accuracy on gloves and ring. Still need moaaaaaaaar attack speed to make it not feel like shit though.

Edit : after further testing I've finally found out what my real problem is.
When weapon swapping to the chin sol there is an ever slightly small delay before you can attack, to the point that if you hit the attack button right away nothing happens until you actually press it again. That's what tends to kill me, I weapon swap, attack right away and nothing happens.

I guess the definitive answer would be to not use a weapon swap and have a 6L Chin Sol instead of a Quillrain for clearing, but that attack speed is so sexy...

Never noticed this on my arc poet's pen build which also involved weapon swapping. Really weird. And annoying.
Last edited by NayleenMT on Jun 18, 2018, 4:02:57 PM
Unable to play last few days I've been having my observations on this build and here is what I see.

Trash clear - No words, Doesn't matter what you do you will clear great/super great.

Bosses is where the build gets problems for 3 reasons which seem to be in this following order of importance:

- Accuracy (we hit slow and missing is a big problem)
- Attack speed (which we can't really scale high enough)
- Crit (Lottery but you still do great if you actually land the hit)

Keeping that in mind I'm starting this build tomorrow most likely and I'm eager to try a different ascendancy. Both of our current ascendancy give us DMG( like we need more) and what else really ? Overleach +duelist start area/Consecrated ground(with flask on bosses, cuz ye 10% with 1 attack per sec LUL).

Need to play in POB some but what if instead of Inquisitor we try something like Juggernaut/Deadeye.
Seems like our tree has a lot of % accuracy so Deadeye won't do shit I supose we need flat.
Which leads us to the + 1000 accuracy from Jugg which also has some defense to compensate for the loss of consecrated ground.

If that solves the accuracy problem, you may be able to somewhat focus more on attack speed and make the bossing expirience much more pleasent and less awkward.

EDIT: Also +40 strength on your way to Juggernaut.
Last edited by Sleeya on Jun 18, 2018, 6:47:41 PM
"
Sleeya wrote:
Unable to play last few days I've been having my observations on this build and here is what I see.

Trash clear - No words, Doesn't matter what you do you will clear great/super great.

Bosses is where the build gets problems for 3 reasons which seem to be in this following order of importance:

- Accuracy (we hit slow and missing is a big problem)
- Attack speed (which we can't really scale high enough)
- Crit (Lottery but you still do great if you actually land the hit)

Keeping that in mind I'm starting this build tomorrow most likely and I'm eager to try a different ascendancy. Both of our current ascendancy give us DMG( like we need more) and what else really ? Overleach +duelist start area/Consecrated ground(with flask on bosses, cuz ye 10% with 1 attack per sec LUL).

Need to play in POB some but what if instead of Inquisitor we try something like Juggernaut/Deadeye.
Seems like our tree has a lot of % accuracy so Deadeye won't do shit I supose we need flat.
Which leads us to the + 1000 accuracy from Jugg which also has some defense to compensate for the loss of consecrated ground.

If that solves the accuracy problem, you may be able to somewhat focus more on attack speed and make the bossing expirience much more pleasent and less awkward.

EDIT: Also +40 strength on your way to Juggernaut.

One issues with deadeye is you get pierce which completely messes up the clear esp since chain wont work. and Pierce isnt good enough. + slayer is boss of all boss :(
Hey I'm sure this is a dumb question, but why CotB ring? Don't your threshold gems stop EH doing anything but fire?
Last edited by Aljay on Jun 18, 2018, 11:52:19 PM
I was thinking Elementalist instead of Inq could be a thing :

Dmg is already super high, elementalist isn't that much lower
10% pen vs 6% for inq
Reflect immune
Double Ice golems for atk speed & accuracy (%acc is not that bad with flat acc on ring and gloves)
Not sure if we even shock with all those conversion shennanigans, but if we do that's a straight up nice bonus too

I'm gonna try it out tonight and maybe swap a couple gems in the frostferno setup as well, see if it makes the single target experience less awkward. Probably will reroll if not, while the dmg is stupid high its not really fun atm for me unless I can fix this issue.
Last edited by NayleenMT on Jun 19, 2018, 1:46:14 AM
"
NayleenMT wrote:
I was thinking Elementalist instead of Inq could be a thing :

Dmg is already super high, elementalist isn't that much lower
10% pen vs 6% for inq
Reflect immune
Double Ice golems for atk speed & accuracy (%acc is not that bad with flat acc on ring and gloves)
Not sure if we even shock with all those conversion shennanigans, but if we do that's a straight up nice bonus too

we do not shock with xophs, only the other ammy, also dbl of the same golem doesnt give you the same buff x2. also Reflect isnt a problem lol i mean you just reroll the map xD
Would taking Raider or Pathfinder instead of Slayer be better for dps? Or is the life leech from Slayer too valuable end game?

And is there a reason you take the resistance nodes instead of the projectile damage nodes at the beginning of the scion tree?
Last edited by KnightsAhoy93 on Jun 19, 2018, 3:25:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info