[3.6] League Starter Righteous Fire Juggernaut (Life RF) leveling (video) guide

Hello, i'm currently with this https://pastebin.com/fn059Agm
and i waana if u thinks that would be beter to change my actual chest with a kaom heart ?
"
Hyuen wrote:
and i waana if u thinks that would be beter to change my actual chest with a kaom heart ?

Well from the looks of it Kaom's gives you 1.1k extra life. Seems correct. RF scales damage on your life pool and it's ultimately better vs getting 1 shot which is the only thing you should reasonably be dying to at this stage. I don't think the life recovered on kill is really relevant here.
Last edited by systemplayerlost on Oct 4, 2018, 1:19:06 AM
"
"
Hyuen wrote:

Well from the looks of it Kaom's gives you 1.1k extra life. Seems correct. RF scales damage on your life pool and it's ultimately better vs getting 1 shot which is the only thing you should reasonably be dying to at this stage. I don't think the life recovered on kill is really relevant here.

okay thank you, i was in trouble to decibe because it help me in delve to get life on kill but in other hands it was a waste of life and damage.

"
"
RootsRR wrote:
Hey there.

Never played RF before and decided to start this league SSF.
Last night I just started mapping and I'm having a breeze so far. The build is really fun and stable.

However I found out one thing by accident that made my life SO much easier. I'm running three life flask and one has the Dousing suffix (removes burning).
I realized that it deactivates RF and I first I thought this was a shitty thing. However I realized how convenient an emergency shutdown button is as long as you can't sustain RF without flasks. This thing has saved my ass countless times by now, it's really really good especially for delves and labs. If combined with the increased recovery / take 10% off mana mod pressing the flask makes your health pool jump to max incredibly fast. Might include it as a beginner tip? :)

I dont see this as a good tip, if you are mapping that means your stats are decent for maps.

As a beginner, you cant die for RF going to 0 life, it stops at 1. If you stop RF, you cant kill enemies = enemies kill you.

"If combined with the increased recovery / take 10% off mana mod pressing the flask makes your health pool jump to max incredibly fast." Then use flasks while RF is on to refill too?

Well I'm playing this build as my only build in SSF, so I can't just buy Saffel's or RotP for cheap. The obligatory cheap and strong items are more in the category of "if I ever find them it's nice", so atm there's no way for me to sustain RF without flasks.
Besides I don't really use it for mapping but it's a nice timesaver in delves and lab where I can just shut down RF quickly, run into darkness/traps with my full sustain, run out and turn RF on again.
Last edited by RootsRR on Oct 4, 2018, 12:00:44 PM
if we can get our hands on a +2 aura gem saffels frame - what is the ideal gems for that? if we don't have a vitality watcher's eye should we still use Vitality / Purity of Fire / Purity of Ice?

I have a +2 aura saffels but its colors are RBG not RRG
Thank you for making this little guide, just gave it a test run because I'm thinking of trying an RF start next league for kicks, and with pretty trash gear I was able to swap to RF quite easily.

Only things I'd add to this is I'm not sure you really need to spec double curses for flask charges. I did at first, but after some testing I found I sustained RF easily and recharged flasks steadily without the poachers mark curse so I just ran vitality instead (swapped to Purity of fire after the -30% from kitava because I just didn't have the resists lol)

For me personally, I found running three life flasks went smoothest. 2 for healing, and one with dousing of any level (have to get lucky to get/make one) for when I wanted to stop to grab items, mess around with my inventory, or in between kitava boss fight phases where you have nothing to hit :P (also great for running into dark branches in delves)

To the people I saw posting here saying people had dousing on a ruby flask? while just having a dousing is very useful, you don't want it on a ruby if you can help it because ruby is used to help you resist your RF better with its +6% to your max Fire Resist!
"
SirNorek wrote:
Thank you for making this little guide, just gave it a test run because I'm thinking of trying an RF start next league for kicks, and with pretty trash gear I was able to swap to RF quite easily.

For me personally, I found running three life flasks went smoothest. 2 for healing, and one with dousing of any level (have to get lucky to get/make one) for when I wanted to stop to grab items, mess around with my inventory, or in between kitava boss fight phases where you have nothing to hit :P (also great for running into dark branches in delves)

Hey, thanks for giving it a go!

As you said, 3 life vs 2 life + ruby is about the same - I think it goes down to personal preference. Against phased bosses I just portaled out then came back and used timer to wait out phase mechanics and switch RF back on when they're done. Your method is totally fine as well.
Last edited by systemplayerlost on Nov 19, 2018, 1:03:31 AM
Portaling out during boss fights... when will I learn! Think after a few seasons I'd be used to simple things like that :P

I just found a ruby barely did anything to my degen during leveling (36-54 so far) just slowed it down ever so slightly.

For people trying this out in the future, since Delve is now going to be sticking around, the More Life Mods (Pristine Fossil, rare find in fire areas in Delves I believe) can roll %life regen on Helm, Gloves, Boots, Chest & Shields! If you get a bit lucky can def help out both while leveling and beyond.

i think i'm missing something, feels like my damage and my life sustain are a little low on bosses, can u look at my char and give me some tips? made red elder at level 77 tho, i died 3 times before respect the ascendancy points to unstoppable. I'm just scared about uber elder, u think i can do with that gear?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/redslugah/characters

https://pastebin.com/miZ1nQJF
Last edited by redslugah on Nov 22, 2018, 11:55:33 AM
"
redslugah wrote:
i think i'm missing something, feels like my damage and my life sustain are a little low on bosses, can u look at my char and give me some tips? made red elder at level 77 tho, i died 3 times before respect the ascendancy points to unstoppable. I'm just scared about uber elder, u think i can do with that gear?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/redslugah/characters

https://pastebin.com/miZ1nQJF

I wouldn't do uber elder without a recovery rate elder belt and recovery rate watcher's eye - they're multipliers to your regen and without these you're bound to feel squishy.

If you're in Delve, you can roll recovery rate belts pretty easily by grabbing an i80 elder base (preferably leather, but heavy will do) and throwing pristine fossils at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info