[3.6] League Starter Righteous Fire Juggernaut (Life RF) leveling (video) guide

"
"
Why "NO fire damage" on gear? Isnt that build main fire damage? Following your guide, i have no idea what im doing but lol i kill things and die too while runing around.

The build does main fire damage, but there's some nuance here.

Our main damage source is Righteous Fire, which is scaled by fire damage, burning damage, damage over time, area damage and generic "increased damage" or "more damage", but only in % values not flat values.

Because RF doesn't hit, we take Elemental Equilibruim which reduces enemy fire resistance when they're hit by our cold or lightning damage. However, if we "hit" with fire damage they gain fire resistance. So we use Orb of Storms and Shield Charge (with adds x to y lightning/cold to attacks) to trigger EE to give reduced fire resistance. If we have anywhere on our gear the affixes "adds x to y fire damage to spells/attacks", we're actively giving the enemies increased resistance against our main damage type.

Looking at your gear, you've got the "9 to 15 cold damage to attacks" on a ring which is excellent, but your sceptre is "8 to 12 fire damage to spells" which means when you use orb of storms you're actively making the enemies tougher. Try swapping out to a different sceptre.

Another upgrade you can look at if you find yourself not being able to sustain life is getting the sapping prefix on a flask. I would also get rid of your mana flask for another quicksilver and make all your flasks magic for staunching/heat/grounding/warding suffixes.

As first i mind was that about elemental equilibrium but didnt know how to increase RF damage. Im very very "new" and bad at this game as i just copy builds with no understand... just basics.

Does "Increase elemental damage with attack skills" increases RF too?

At wich point do i be able to sustain without flasks always in use?
"
"
"
Why "NO fire damage" on gear? Isnt that build main fire damage? Following your guide, i have no idea what im doing but lol i kill things and die too while runing around.

The build does main fire damage, but there's some nuance here.

Our main damage source is Righteous Fire, which is scaled by fire damage, burning damage, damage over time, area damage and generic "increased damage" or "more damage", but only in % values not flat values.

Because RF doesn't hit, we take Elemental Equilibruim which reduces enemy fire resistance when they're hit by our cold or lightning damage. However, if we "hit" with fire damage they gain fire resistance. So we use Orb of Storms and Shield Charge (with adds x to y lightning/cold to attacks) to trigger EE to give reduced fire resistance. If we have anywhere on our gear the affixes "adds x to y fire damage to spells/attacks", we're actively giving the enemies increased resistance against our main damage type.

Looking at your gear, you've got the "9 to 15 cold damage to attacks" on a ring which is excellent, but your sceptre is "8 to 12 fire damage to spells" which means when you use orb of storms you're actively making the enemies tougher. Try swapping out to a different sceptre.

Another upgrade you can look at if you find yourself not being able to sustain life is getting the sapping prefix on a flask. I would also get rid of your mana flask for another quicksilver and make all your flasks magic for staunching/heat/grounding/warding suffixes.

As first i mind was that about elemental equilibrium but didnt know how to increase RF damage. Im very very "new" and bad at this game as i just copy builds with no understand... just basics.

Does "Increase elemental damage with attack skills" increases RF too?

At wich point do i be able to sustain without flasks always in use?

The best scaling for RF is honestly your life pool. Try to get as much life as possible on gear! "Increase elemental damage with attack skills" doesn't scale RF at all.

You should be able to sustain without flasks once you've done merc lab and done the second respec in my trees (where you get rid of the 2nd curse and flask/life cluster near scion). You should also have 5-6 Endurance charges minimum at this point.
"
The best scaling for RF is honestly your life pool. Try to get as much life as possible on gear! "Increase elemental damage with attack skills" doesn't scale RF at all.

You should be able to sustain without flasks once you've done merc lab and done the second respec in my trees (where you get rid of the 2nd curse and flask/life cluster near scion). You should also have 5-6 Endurance charges minimum at this point.

Great, thanks, but ive read to late, i think i fcked my build now as i did respec without labs...
Hi!
First of all- GREAT WORK! I Love it =)
But i looked over ur Lvl 87 tree i i would recommend some changes.
Correct me if i am wrong.

On the upper Left side lose the 2 4% Life nodes with the chaos
instead of that level up to the big Fire damage Tree on the north.
Under that big cluster that we should aim at lvl 100 is 15% Life.
Wich is better or?
I mean we do damage with live....

Thx again for taht build
sry for bad English =)
"
Veritas86 wrote:
Hi!
First of all- GREAT WORK! I Love it =)
But i looked over ur Lvl 87 tree i i would recommend some changes.
Correct me if i am wrong.

On the upper Left side lose the 2 4% Life nodes with the chaos
instead of that level up to the big Fire damage Tree on the north.
Under that big cluster that we should aim at lvl 100 is 15% Life.
Wich is better or?
I mean we do damage with live....

Thx again for taht build
sry for bad English =)

Thanks for checking out the build! You're right in that taking % life nodes on tree isn't as much scaling as taking the fire damage cluster north of witch. However... The point of this build is to be able to clear at medium speed and be very very tanky when it comes to doing endgame content (uber elder etc). As we're scaling so much % life regen (and recovery rate), getting more life on tree is very valuable. That and our RF is scaled on our life pool, so it's not like we're completely missing out on damage.

If you want to make the build less tanky, you can absolutely drop life for fire damage, but I would recommend a different ascendancy for this configuration.
I didn't find, where put points from merc and cruel lab :(
"

Unbreakable -> Unflinching -> Unrelenting are your 3 core labs.

Uber lab choice is Unyielding for everything except Uber Elder which you swap to Unstoppable.
"
"

Unbreakable -> Unflinching -> Unrelenting are your 3 core labs.

Uber lab choice is Unyielding for everything except Uber Elder which you swap to Unstoppable.

Thx for reply.
Im very lost now, i die faster on a lvl1 map, i mean my resis are very low is a thing that i know but still with 7 charges my life is decreasing not static. What im missing?
"
Im very lost now, i die faster on a lvl1 map, i mean my resis are very low is a thing that i know but still with 7 charges my life is decreasing not static. What im missing?

According to PoB your character has enough regen to sustain RF in hideout. You really do just need to get better resists and life on gear..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info