[3.4]♥ Low Life Poet's Volatile Dead ♥ All Content Down + Videos [Occultist]

Hey,

since I had this in my stash now for some days and no one seemed to try to buy it, I decided to use it myself:

Spoiler

I still plan to continue playing my other Cycloner, however I started leveling yesterday after work and am lvl 25 now. The damage is really great, no hazzle with anything at all. Will have to get myself a eye of chayula amulet first, the stun is the only thing which keeps me from casting until I got the Merc lab later.

My current gear:

Spoiler

This will improve a lot the coming weekend when I've made like 50-60 levels though ^^ But I have to say, damn, two Poet's Pen and the two skills are insane. Oh and don't mine the 6 gems in Tabula, I was just playing around and did not put Frenzy and the other gems back in lol.
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
Last edited by Stone__Cold on Jun 21, 2018, 5:00:29 AM
Just wanted to say thank you for this build. Just killed Shaper for the first time ever! lvl 85 Thanks so much! Build is 9/10 and the only reason i say 9/10 is no movement skill :)
Last edited by AsianOne on Jun 21, 2018, 7:14:24 PM
EDIT: This build is amazing
Last edited by nasud on Jun 24, 2018, 10:29:48 PM
Found 2 Poet's Pen with 12% attack speed and blessed it to 15% spell damage. Was interested in playing some VD and/or Occultist since I've never played those. Looking forward to using this guide.
I want to try that build, looks amazing. Just one question. Does it work with xoph amulet too?
How do you take care of mana? In your build and character I've seen not really anything that gives mana, but I still have to wear my Thief's Torment if I want to always have enough mana for Frenzy.

What about this ring for ll vd poet build?
"
illyaink wrote:

How much attack speed should I be aiming for
With 19% CDR, 4.31 feels good to me. I’m not too sure with other values of CDR, just test by attacking twice at a medium distance and see if your volatile dead casts.

The softcap APS for the triggering skill on a Poet's Pen is :

(4 * 1+(Σincreased_cooldown_recovery_rate/100)) - 0.17 (rounded to 1 digit decimal point)

with 0.17 being subtracted from the assumed server tick rate (60ms) and assuming very low latency 1-20ms, this was tested by YiamiYo a while back.

So in the case of 19% CDR belt, it's 4.5 APS providing you have low enough latency. And 3.75 APS without any cooldown recovery from gear.

Hope this helps...
Last edited by ultimatecat on Jun 25, 2018, 7:44:31 AM
"
ender0320 wrote:
I want to try that build, looks amazing. Just one question. Does it work with xoph amulet too?

Since your low life you want to try get all the ES you can so a Presence of Chayula is much better.

"
753924 wrote:
How do you take care of mana? In your build and character I've seen not really anything that gives mana, but I still have to wear my Thief's Torment if I want to always have enough mana for Frenzy.

The higher level Enlighten you have the more mana you have. At 100 I never really run out. Even if you do, auto attacks still trigger the spells so it dosnt matter too much.

"
thedearfish wrote:

What about this ring for ll vd poet build?

Its okay but a Opal with ES is much better.

"
"
illyaink wrote:

With 19% CDR, 4.31 feels good to me. I’m not too sure with other values of CDR, just test by attacking twice at a medium distance and see if your volatile dead casts.

(4 * 1+(Σincreased_cooldown_recovery_rate/100)) - 0.17 (rounded to 1 digit decimal point)

with 0.17 being subtracted from the assumed server tick rate (60ms) and assuming very low latency 1-20ms, this was tested by YiamiYo a while back.

So in the case of 19% CDR belt, it's 4.5 APS providing you have low enough latency. And 3.75 APS without any cooldown recovery from gear.

Hope this helps...

Yeah thanks. I was was testing different attack speed and on both my 15% cdr character and 19% cdr character anything above 4.31 and I start to skip casts. It sucks because I can get a lot more attack speed easily. Thanks for the math though!
"
illyaink wrote:

"
"
illyaink wrote:

Hope this helps...

Yeah thanks. I was was testing different attack speed and on both my 15% cdr character and 19% cdr character anything above 4.31 and I start to skip casts. It sucks because I can get a lot more attack speed easily. Thanks for the math though!

Yeah, though the formula has been pretty consistent from my previous testing and a friend using 20% ICR belt. We were able to maintain 4.6 APS most of the time (from the 4.63 APS cap), however we've noticed that at times we weren't able to which we guessed came from the server and/or latency. We ended up on going for 4.3-4.5 APS at the time (normalizing latency) and has worked quite well so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info