Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Party Improvements

any idea when level sync to play with friends is going to be implemented or still going through testing phases and Q&A?
twitch.tv/hudi3n3
Thank you!
Today, Wraeclast offers me a new life, written not by birth, nor family, nor society.
So is this going to be the potential start to some real multiplayer improvements by any chance?

Like, we really need the ability to turn down other player spell effects. Diablo 3 did something like this and it helps all the Chaos from spell effect spam.

Also, any chance they can start developing content specifically for party play. This game has been a glorified solo speed running sim for too long.
So what happens when I just equipped a level 24 skill gem and now I joined my friend at level 20?

What happens when I needed those last two passive int nodes to wear my armour?

I assume deleveling isnt just impacting life pool? Otherwise the racers are gunna get mad with power leveling friends with higher required gems/gear in a level 1 party.
TeenageEsthetician
ElectriCooter

Playing PoE since July 2012.
I still did not understand what will be done in terms of xp gain to the high level character helping a friend.
If my damage is downgraded and im killing mobs with my low level friend, what xp am i going to get ? if at all ?
Any release date for this yet? Really would be nice to have this to help friends get into Incursion League.
"
NRT84 wrote:
If my damage is downgraded and im killing mobs with my low level friend, what xp am i going to get ? if at all ?

As they said, you'll get very low XP. Probably as much as your low level friend, so, next to nothing for your high lvl char.

---

Waiting for an announcement on when this will be live!
Last edited by Ruth on Jun 28, 2018, 11:50:08 AM
This all sounds fantastic. My friends had complaints about multiplayer and this seems to cover several of them.

One problem PoE has is that the difficulty scaling isn't very well-scaled. Once you get leveled up enough, it becomes an issue of you have a powerful build and so does your friend; thus, it gets annoying when both of you can fly through any map. The multiplayer experience is diminished, then both of you are wondering "Why am I running with someone else in this map? I could easily clear all of this myself and wouldn't have to juggle loot."

The difficulty needs to ramp up further at higher levels in my opinion. If y'all are revamping skill gems and upping the power creep, you're also going to need to boost health and damage of mobs in multiplayer to make playing with friends viable.

D3 would have this same issue if greater rifts didn't exist. In normal rifts, however, it's a joke playing with friends. If someone in your group has their build together and optimized, they'll be at the end of the floor while you're barely able to keep up, spending more time running after them than killing.

Even though there's a loot bonus, it's almost always more efficient to solo-play. This is obviously an issue and is going to need a balance pass to rectify.
I feel the biggest problem with grouping in poe is the loot allocation system. Maybe this is because this system is why I personally choose to always be a solo player. I don't like feeliing as if i'm sharing my loot with someone else and the loot allocation system really doesn't help. If you die, leave the area, or even fall too far behind the loot is allocated to everyone else. The system just doesn't make for a very fun grouping experience. I hate the idea of someone else ninjaing my loot.
It's about time.

Your competitor has been doing this for years.
There's devils on each side of you with bottles in their hands.
You need one more drop of poison and you'll dream of foreign lands.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info