Party Improvements

"
lolyris wrote:

+ Achievements: this season is the worst regarding group play and achievements. Most of the big
achievements need to be done alone, like:
- cause map influence (500 maps)
- open clasps hands (50)
- open chests at the end of labyrinth (500)

This guy gets it.

My only issue with this league is that my guild and I cannot play together.

So powerleveling is now a thing. The bots rejoice!
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
OK i give them next 2 years and we will have separated loots for playing with my friends, and will be not punished for playing with friends… :-/
sweet. this is some very good changes to party play. much appreciated.
Rejoin last party after client crash/disconnect when?
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
Last edited by Oblitus on Jun 11, 2018, 3:43:50 PM
Auto-joining of party for my best friends + teleporting to friends is awesome! I can't wait, it will make multiplayer a lot more enjoyable!
Excellent I may actually be able to play with friends without making a new damn character
Ah, to see the status-quo white knights out in force! I mean, this is what GGG says they want, so why don't you white-knight their decision?

Path of Exile's player interaction mechanics were dated as hell, circa 1990s games. It's been lapped repeatedly by virtually the entire RPG genre before it even came out.

And no, there's actually nothing that can be "exploited" from this. Anything that could supposedly now be done with bots was doable just as much beforehand.

"
Oblitus wrote:

This as well. I'll actually cite PoE's most-known counterpart in the "quality F2P" field, Warframe.

In Warframe, if you disconnect or crash, the moment you get back in, it asks if you want to reconnect to the group you were in. And failing that? Your social panel there ALSO keeps a running tab of the last 10 players you shared a group with. And this list is't "just that session of the client;" it's saved server-side so even if you close the game, you can re-open the game and see who you last played with.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
Ah, to see the status-quo white knights out in force! I mean, this is what GGG says they want, so why don't you white-knight their decision?

Path of Exile's player interaction mechanics were dated as hell, circa 1990s games. It's been lapped repeatedly by virtually the entire RPG genre before it even came out.

And no, there's actually nothing that can be "exploited" from this. Anything that could supposedly now be done with bots was doable just as much beforehand.

"
Oblitus wrote:

This as well. I'll actually cite PoE's most-known counterpart in the "quality F2P" field, Warframe.

In Warframe, if you disconnect or crash, the moment you get back in, it asks if you want to reconnect to the group you were in. And failing that? Your social panel there ALSO keeps a running tab of the last 10 players you shared a group with. And this list is't "just that session of the client;" it's saved server-side so even if you close the game, you can re-open the game and see who you last played with.

I think this genuinely comes down to a problem of the game, and the devs, being just too far outdated for the game to be brought up to the standards of modern gaming.

There's only so much you can do with the game engine / server architecture, especially when it was barely managing a Titan Quest rebuild 10 years ago. It's probably why we still have the archaic chat commands using symbols instead of slash or context cues like every other online game since 2001.

And before that, you have to get Chris / the other devs to acknowledge there's a problem that needs to be fixed. They're circa 1990s ....in a heavy way, so making the game look and feel like a more modern game has got to be conflicting with their sensibilities.
These changes look awesome as hell but...
If you could add at least an option to toggle free for all Shaper's stone in incursions...it might end up in parties not ignoring Alva everytime...and i might go erec....happy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info