[3.4] KissMeQuick's Freeze Spectral Throw | Easy Instakill Shaper | Smooth Mapping | Uber Elder

"
WhiteMoose wrote:
Hello!

I've been playing this build and been having a blast. Now I'm closing in on the end game and I was hoping to get some suggetions on how to improve from here.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/QH5iD4FW (EDIT. Updated..)

I know my jewels/abyss is a bit of a mess, currency has been a limitation. Today I was lucky with a Xoph's Heart drop, so when that will be easier when it's sold :)7

Thanks!

> Swap claw to on hit implicit like I do
> You don't have resistances capped?
> One jewel is missing life
> Flasks are low rolled and not qualitied, your Wise Oak is 10% instead of 15%

What's your endgame goal?
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Funny enough, I bought one yesterday :)

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

I cap them when using Wise Oak, which is up all the time. Perhaps this is foolish? It has been working so far at least.

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Yes, I've been doing a jewel overhaul and not upgraded all of them yet.

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Very true. I didn't even realize my Wise Oak was the lowest roll. Upgraded now :)

End-game goal is killing Shaper for now.

Here's my updated PoB. https://pastebin.com/N0Sifvj4
Bought a Lightpoacher with Projectile Deceleration for example.

Thank you for responding :)
"
WhiteMoose wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Funny enough, I bought one yesterday :)

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

I cap them when using Wise Oak, which is up all the time. Perhaps this is foolish? It has been working so far at least.

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Yes, I've been doing a jewel overhaul and not upgraded all of them yet.

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Very true. I didn't even realize my Wise Oak was the lowest roll. Upgraded now :)

End-game goal is killing Shaper for now.

Here's my updated PoB. https://pastebin.com/N0Sifvj4
Bought a Lightpoacher with Projectile Deceleration for example.

Thank you for responding :)

You can definitely already kill Shaper.

I also made a +1K HP version of this build which has slightly less damage but a lot tankier.

> From 5K to 6K + uses 600 energy shield
> Phase Acrobatics
> Don't have to choose between Fortify and Faster attacks, has both now
> No blood rage
> Vaal Haste

I also removed corruptions that would mess with the tree.

https://pastebin.com/5emhaVWU

Currently too busy the update the build itself, will probably tomorrow. Have Reave build to update as well with 97% IIQ 165% IIR version.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jul 15, 2018, 6:49:44 PM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

You can definitely already kill Shaper.

I also made a +1K HP version of this build which has slightly less damage but a lot tankier.

> From 5K to 6K + uses 600 energy shield
> Phase Acrobatics
> Don't have to choose between Fortify and Faster attacks, has both now
> No blood rage
> Vaal Haste

I also removed corruptions that would mess with the tree.

https://pastebin.com/5emhaVWU

Currently too busy the update the build itself, will probably tomorrow. Have Reave build to update as well with 97% IIQ 165% IIR version.

Thank you :)
I'm leveling this build right now, had some DPS issues here and there, but I am using spectral throw for leveling. The only question I have is if you avoid elemental reflect maps in late game. I feel like not taking the immune to ele reflect ascendancy means you can't do all the map mods.
"
Juggernaut448 wrote:
I'm leveling this build right now, had some DPS issues here and there, but I am using spectral throw for leveling. The only question I have is if you avoid elemental reflect maps in late game. I feel like not taking the immune to ele reflect ascendancy means you can't do all the map mods.

The Ascendancy is not worth it and rerolling ele reflect is completely fine. I'd go as far as it's not possible to sacrifice any ascendancy points because of how everything is built up. You either lose a herald + a lot of damage or you lose your AOE Freeze & shock.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Juggernaut448 wrote:

The Ascendancy is not worth it and rerolling ele reflect is completely fine. I'd go as far as it's not possible to sacrifice any ascendancy points because of how everything is built up. You either lose a herald + a lot of damage or you lose your AOE Freeze & shock.

You know, I thought about the same thing.

Just got done with the Story today (had a ton of trades, so leveling was slow-ish. Leveled using Spectral Throw and Hand of Thought and Motion + Astramentis early, so DPS weren't an issue). Now I'm sitting in front of Merci/Uber Lab (I always prolong those, idk why).

I mean, you CAN choose Paragon of Calamity (the Ele Reflect-Node) and lose out on your AoE Freeze/Shock, but it doesn't feel necessary. Then again, I feel like I'm freezing/shocking everything in sight already, so the Ailment-spread seems obsolete. One could even think about dropping both Shaper of Desolation and Beacon of Ruin to grab Liege of the Primordial, rocking with 2 Golems at once (I use Lightning Golem paired with Immortal Call/Cast when Damage taken).

Anyways, all things aside, solid build so far, feels really smooth (and I also haven't Shield Charged this much since I played a Facebreaker Charger LOL)
"
Xangar_Ferbar wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Juggernaut448 wrote:

You know, I thought about the same thing.

Just got done with the Story today (had a ton of trades, so leveling was slow-ish. Leveled using Spectral Throw and Hand of Thought and Motion + Astramentis early, so DPS weren't an issue). Now I'm sitting in front of Merci/Uber Lab (I always prolong those, idk why).

I mean, you CAN choose Paragon of Calamity (the Ele Reflect-Node) and lose out on your AoE Freeze/Shock, but it doesn't feel necessary. Then again, I feel like I'm freezing/shocking everything in sight already, so the Ailment-spread seems obsolete. One could even think about dropping both Shaper of Desolation and Beacon of Ruin to grab Liege of the Primordial, rocking with 2 Golems at once (I use Lightning Golem paired with Immortal Call/Cast when Damage taken).

Anyways, all things aside, solid build so far, feels really smooth (and I also haven't Shield Charged this much since I played a Facebreaker Charger LOL)

Freezing isn't the only ailment. You also get 20% more damage with shock with it on bosses and 2 golems is something 10% increased damage.

But why do you need 2 golems anyways? I go as far as removing golems from almost all of my builds because of them ruining the safe timer in Incursions and boss rooms + skill chaining. For Uber Elder I have them removed always.

The damage increase also isn't justified since the gem slots are already low and can be replaced with QoL or other damage gems.

Glad you're enjoying it (:
I had a feeling the prices on here looked a little off. I looked up just your claw with same mods on it but not as good rolls and the cheapest one i could find (which also had phys damage crafted so cant craft crit chance on it) is going for 60 chaos. You priced yours at 20c. I dont know if maybe when you built this things were just cheaper but i guarantee you the current gear you have on with the mods and rolls on it would more cost in the 8ex-10ex area. Remember, it doesnt matter what the item is, Crit is Crit, and is and always will be in my opinion "meta" so if it needs Crit Chance/Mult, and ele damage and attack speed, you are spending in th 50c - 2ex area.

that being said, you can surely get really good claws with out the crits on them, but you are losing a ton of damage, and even when i took the crits off and looked up with life gained per hit and mana per hit by attacks, again the claws shot up to extreme prices. Who knows, maybe you started a meta build, but yeah right now the claws you have are a lot more and i mean ALOT more than just 20c. For 20c you might get a decent pair but nothing like the ones you have, not even close. I am not going to even go into the gloves and the boots....yeah, you need some exalts for those bad boys.

besides all that man, great guide, one of the better ones put out there. Not hating on it i really am not, just saying you may want to update those prices, because the exact mods you have on the claw i only found 2 of them and they both did not have crit chance and crit mult....each had only one of them. Very hard claw to get in my opinion.

Great Job on Guide!

"
WizardOfNAS wrote:
I had a feeling the prices on here looked a little off. I looked up just your claw with same mods on it but not as good rolls and the cheapest one i could find (which also had phys damage crafted so cant craft crit chance on it) is going for 60 chaos. You priced yours at 20c. I dont know if maybe when you built this things were just cheaper but i guarantee you the current gear you have on with the mods and rolls on it would more cost in the 8ex-10ex area. Remember, it doesnt matter what the item is, Crit is Crit, and is and always will be in my opinion "meta" so if it needs Crit Chance/Mult, and ele damage and attack speed, you are spending in th 50c - 2ex area.

that being said, you can surely get really good claws with out the crits on them, but you are losing a ton of damage, and even when i took the crits off and looked up with life gained per hit and mana per hit by attacks, again the claws shot up to extreme prices. Who knows, maybe you started a meta build, but yeah right now the claws you have are a lot more and i mean ALOT more than just 20c. For 20c you might get a decent pair but nothing like the ones you have, not even close. I am not going to even go into the gloves and the boots....yeah, you need some exalts for those bad boys.

besides all that man, great guide, one of the better ones put out there. Not hating on it i really am not, just saying you may want to update those prices, because the exact mods you have on the claw i only found 2 of them and they both did not have crit chance and crit mult....each had only one of them. Very hard claw to get in my opinion.

Great Job on Guide!

It's pretty hard to price rares and even unique prices change. As an example when I made the guide nobody used Brotherhood of Steel but now it's something 40C.

For the rare prices themselves, it's not smart to rush with purchases and have to be smart how you buy these. I got like 3 pairs of such claws for 5-20C and the ones shown were actually 10C but I added some extra C on top of it for fair pricing.

As for the search, you can find plenty of suitable claws here that are cheap and if you know how to look, you can craft on them as well. Although the league is quite dead already since the Flashback race is coming soon, so I'm using offline version.

http://poe.trade/search/asitidomoronom

No hate taken!

EDIT:

Actually, this search is even better since there are more crafting options:

http://poe.trade/search/ohetotoremowot
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jul 25, 2018, 6:58:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info