Being a mediocre player gets you nowhere in POE

Well, you are trying to argue your point by bringing up other games. You brought up LoL and you brought up MMOs. Showing that both genres are more complex than PoE and all you need to be good at PoE is time is essential to my argument, no way around that.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
No joke, his gear is way more expensive than what I have and he is complaining while I am doing 8 modded tier 15 maps. Thats pathetic.

It's people like this that ruin the community and forums. but chris has always given them a voice
Ok then, lets start listening to every person who clearly doesn't know how to build their character. Lets sit down, go through all of their complaints and change the game to their liking. What do you think the end result is going to be? I am listening!
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jun 16, 2018, 3:54:59 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Ok then, lets start listening to every person who clearly doesn't know how to build their character. Lets sit down, go through all of their complaints and change the game to their liking. What do you think the end result is going to be? I am listening!

Stop with the straw man, no one is suggesting what you're claiming, and the elitism. I've seen this side of the community since watching Kripp switch from D3 to POE. You can make your point without being outright insulting every other post.
Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Jun 16, 2018, 4:11:37 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Well, you are trying to argue your point by bringing up other games. You brought up LoL and you brought up MMOs. Showing that both genres are more complex than PoE and all you need to be good at PoE is time is essential to my argument, no way around that.

And that's the problem with said argument. You make the assumption other genres are dramtically more complex, when they aren't. The ultimate limitation of PVE is that it's pre-programmed behavior. There are limits to programming said difficulty. I mean, in arpg style games, there's a reason that single shot killing blows are the majority of perceived difficulty.

In fact, its reminiscent of pvp in most games, where high burst damage is required to surpass another player's mitigation and regen.

Poe has its complexities, which is a lot of why it appeals to D2 players more than D3.

Time alone doesn't guarantee a player will improve. People "plateau". A lot of the time its a matter of motivation. Sometimes its a mental or physical handicap. Others simply don't have the time to dedicate to it.

But breaking things down on a basic level, it's really a matter of semantics. What you interpret as a "good" player is what I consider mediocre. Mediocre players aren't horrid, they just aren't exceptional - they're the norm.
Yep, totally over league play.
So it is ok for a guy who doesn't know anything to be insulting towards the game but it is not ok to point out his mistakes in the same tone? I don't see how being fair in this situation is a bad thing. If the guy was asking for help there is no way I'd respond like that.
Anyway, yes being mediocre gets you nowhere at end game. While I do personally think the game has gotten overly and unnecessarily complicated, there is certainly a big place in the market for a game like this. And I would never request they make changes just to make it easier for me.

This game is what it is. Learn the mechanics and get better if you want to reach your goals. Otherwise, maybe find a game that better suits your needs. I'm sure the death penalty does lose them many players, but the difficulty of the game also keeps people invested and returning season after season. Otherwise you'll just end up with an endgame like D3 where it's down to who plays the most and gets away with botting while they sleep.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

I'm simply saying your delivery of your message is toxic. Others have been able to explain how the feel the OP is uninformed or doing the wrong things. You instead chose to say they were pathetic.

One approach pushes new players away while the other has a chance to turn them around.
Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Jun 16, 2018, 4:23:33 AM
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Stop with the straw man, no one is suggesting what you're claiming, and the elitism. I've seen this side of the community since watching Kripp switch from D3 to POE. You can make your point without being outright insulting every other post.

If there's one thing I've learned since games went on-line is that regardless of game, (or subject matter really) there will always be people with his mindset.

It's kind of sad that the reason I bother to engage is not that I'm passionate about defending my postion, but that I really want an excuse to avoid mindlessly mapping =p.
Yep, totally over league play.
Pushing him away with a single harsh word? You do realize this is the internet and people are being nasty to each other all the time, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info