Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Chimerka wrote:
"
Nemesan wrote:
Can someone tell me which ascendancy path I should go for?

Pyromaniac -> perfect crime -> chain reaction -> born in the shadows

chain reaction last, its not even necesary, cause there is a lot of trap trigger area on the tree

Im also considering unlearn chain reaction and put points into explosive expert, because chain reaction is ruining frenzy / power charges generation, cause you have chance to obtain those charges only when trap is triggered by enemy, so 1 trap have chance to generate charges, rest are triggered by chain reaction plus explosive expert will put damage into absurd numbers

Absurd numbers? I see a 3% DPS increase in PoB for Arc and 5% for Spire. Count in the occasional non-triggered trap and you lose damage.

I am with you, chain reaction sucks for charge generation, but it is not as if Explosives Expert is really much better for damage.

Absurd numbers? Yes! - with CHR 99k DPS, with EE 103k DPS - thats absolutely barbaric! :)

Anyway according to information what i found thro the internet about CHR - when you throw traps, first it checks if trap can be triggered by enemy -> then trigger by enemy (so maybe proper charges generation) -> then rest of the traps which werent trigger by enemy are triggered by CHR - ohh god i need dummy target into Hideout! To test those things :)
Last edited by Chimerka on Jun 19, 2018, 4:27:34 AM
Just started PoEing this season!

Would anyone be able to give me some pointers on passive point allocation?
I am currently lvl 59 and have no idea if I am setting up the skill point in the correct order.

I am a little scared that I might leave out something important for lvl 94. :)

Thank you for an awesome build!

/phatty

"
foster21 wrote:
So I thought at level 90 with my gear I would be a in a spot to laugh at the shaper, but I am getting one shot, I had to use all the portals to just barely squeak out a kill. Can one of you peeps who is in the super end game position take a look at my gear and see what Im doing wrong?

i´ve done all uber content yet, only uber atziri missing, but its not coz i cant, more the way there is no need, but i will do it in time.

first, ur loreweave isnt rolled pretty good, divine it for 80 max res and more ele dmg and maybe 6l it.

2nd get mark of the shaper ring instead essence worm and a good elder one. skip wrath for grace as the dmg gain isnt that great and a dead dps cant kill shit :p

u wont leak on dps on uber fights, all u need is to survive an 1 shot.

3rd try to update jewels and watchers eye to a grace one and max stats.

4th get some other flasks, i prefer atziri, diamond, 2 life flask (insta and over time) and a wise oak f.e.

5th keep trying, fights sometimes need much practice to understand how they work and what the boss is doing. noone killed his 1st shaper deathless!

6th upgrade gems to qualitiy and get a vaal arc 21
Last edited by lionking1211 on Jun 19, 2018, 5:21:59 AM
"
lionking1211 wrote:
"
foster21 wrote:
So I thought at level 90 with my gear I would be a in a spot to laugh at the shaper, but I am getting one shot, I had to use all the portals to just barely squeak out a kill. Can one of you peeps who is in the super end game position take a look at my gear and see what Im doing wrong?

i´ve done all uber content yet, only uber atziri missing, but its not coz i cant, more the way there is no need, but i will do it in time.

first, ur loreweave isnt rolled pretty good, divine it for 80 max res and more ele dmg and maybe 6l it.

2nd get mark of the shaper ring instead essence worm and a good elder one. skip wrath for grace as the dmg gain isnt that great and a dead dps cant kill shit :p

u wont leak on dps on uber fights, all u need is to survive an 1 shot.

3rd try to update jewels and watchers eye to a grace one and max stats.

4th get some other flasks, i prefer atziri, diamond, 2 life flask (insta and over time) and a wise oak f.e.

5th keep trying, fights sometimes need much practice to understand how they work and what the boss is doing. noone killed his 1st shaper deathless!

6th upgrade gems to qualitiy and get a vaal arc 21

This is helpful I appreciate it. Quality on gems I know, I have an extra loreweave ive been trying to 6link. Im pretty conflicted though, the guide says grace is the way to go. However I am looking at the top sabo arc miners on poeninja and its pretty clear everyone and theyre brother is rocking wrath MOM and wrath watchers eye.
"
lionking1211 wrote:

as the dmg gain isnt that great - well wrath in essence worm gives you 1.5 - 2 times more dps than mark of the shaper + good dmg rolled elder ring, also essence worm and dream fragment rings are pretty cheap and you got more dps.

I personally go with my MoM version of this build, with essence worm + dream fragment and clear mind jewel - also im now saving currency for good shaper gloves with +1 trap and wrath watcher's eye

Already cleared t16 temple with a lot of vaal constructs + atziri room and didnt have any suvivability / mana issues.
Last edited by Chimerka on Jun 19, 2018, 5:57:39 AM
Could you try this with ES instead? seems like it would be cheaper in terms of gear and passives
"
nasud wrote:
Could you try this with ES instead? seems like it would be cheaper in terms of gear and passives

It wont be cheaper than life or life / Mom version. I think problems with ES version are:

- high ES shield
- high ES chest
- Discipline
- no Acrobatics

without 3 or even 2 things from this list, would be gearing so expensive to get at least 5-6k ES. For example MoM version of this build with 6k EHP is very cheap to build
Last edited by Chimerka on Jun 19, 2018, 6:20:23 AM
Could someone explain why Added Lightning Damage is better than Controlled Destruction? I didn't compare numbers myself, just wanted to know which is better and why.
"
Chimerka wrote:
"
nasud wrote:

It wont be cheaper than life or life / Mom version. I think problems with ES version are:

- high ES shield
- high ES chest
- Discipline
- no Acrobatics

without 3 or even 2 things from this list, would be gearing so expensive to get at least 5-6k ES. For example MoM version of this build with 6k EHP is very cheap to build

Chimerka explained it perfectly well.
I have been planning a full conversion explosive trap ll saboteur for a while. But I have dropped the idea of ll. You get a bit higher es pool than you have life and maybe 1-2 auras more, which is nice. But the disadvantages outnumber the advantages by far. You loose out on:
- Acro and phase acro
- Grace
- 80% max all res

You might fit in some phys dmg as ele dmg taken, maybe even 12% spelldodge. But you get hit much much more often from melee and from range. And you dont even deal more damage with an es build, maybe even less. I dont recommend ES.
Can someone have alook at my char? I am totally lost. I used to play with MoM. Now i get 1 shot by everything. Dont want to change gloves or rings because i would be dead even quicker. What am i doing wrong

obvously i can change biscos out. I have ~25 ex left if i sell headhunter cards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info