End of Act 5 impossible

"
fazlez1 wrote:
The quickest way to a weapons upgrade as a non-trader: get a white corsair sword with as high a item level as you can. I like corsairs because of the high attack speed.
If you notice the white corsair has almost a high physical damage as your rare ones before adding quality. Hit it with 4 whetstones and then an alchemy orb. Always use whetstones and armorers before using an alchemy because you have to use less to get to 20%. It's ALMOST (damn rng) guaranteed to be better than what you have. If you're going to use alchemys on things to upgrade gear make sure the implicit is higher or as close to what you're currently using. It should also have as high anilevel as possible. You stand a better chance of getting higher rolls.

Also, when you're a melee build you should have movement speed on your boots. Sometimes you have to run away like a scared child. No matter how many times you ask Izaro to leave you alone He never does, so you have to run :).

Thanks. I actually had some Corsairs in the stash from a previously. One of them looks great, but it actually comes out worse than what I have, albeit only marginally so for the below one. I think it is because of the strike chance of the foils, and that this build is built for increased strike chances and multipliers. I have 26.4% strike chance and 353% multiplier. This drops to under 300% with the corsair sword, which may explain the slightly inferior performance over the foil.

I can try again if I find some white ones, as the ones I had were rare finds I believe. Not entirely sure if the filter removes them or not, but that is quite possible. I'm using NeverSink's regular.
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jun 16, 2018, 4:57:12 PM
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
Life on particularly the boots and belt is very good. Sad to lose the unique belt

What belt did you have?

Fazlez1 is right you should upgrade your weapon.
If you enjoy playing self found try to look at some divination card set.

This set offer eternal sword with "Bloodthirsty" magic mod (110-134% damage).

According to wiki it drops in Daresso's Dream in act 4 which is low level area though but would solve your weapon problem.

You could also get some good base as Fazlez1 has mentioned

Jewelled Foil would be probably the best.

The highest item level possible but min 65+

Possible rolls for swords according to ilvl

(*73 would be better but available in t4-6+ maps)

The King's Blade divination card set is quite common but never farmed it on purpose.

extra tip

Use diamond flask on crit build (it will boost your effective crit chance therefore damage but doesn´t show on tooltip)
Last edited by Rakiii on Jun 16, 2018, 5:15:40 PM
"
One of them looks great, but it actually comes out worse than what I have, albeit only marginally so for the below one. I think it is because of the strike chance of the foils, and that this build is built for increased strike chances and multipliers. I have 26.4% strike chance and 353% multiplier. This drops to under 300% with the corsair sword, which may explain the slightly inferior performance over the foil.
That's going to happen when you don't trade. It's going to be difficult to get the perfect weapon or gear, but the key is to always be improving what you have especially if you're dying or can't kill fast enough.
In response to the Neversink filter issue: I use the regular one and it does filter out them out. That's why after or while clearing a zone I always check for nice whites to alc. I keep my eyes open for corsairs, vaal rapiers, and gloves, helmets, and boots with 4L. It slows down the clear speed but this is what i have to do as a non-trader.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
Life on particularly the boots and belt is very good. Sad to lose the unique belt

What belt did you have?

I had two versions, but used this one as it had 15% resists instead of 10%. This made topping them up easier (plus some damage), but with lower life.

"
Rakiii wrote:
Fazlez1 is right you should upgrade your weapon.
If you enjoy playing self found try to look at some divination card set.

This set offer eternal sword with "Bloodthirsty" magic mod (110-134% damage).

Thanks, this is very good. So much to take in with this game ;-) I have one of those King's Blade cards actually, but won't farming for 4 more take a long time? Presumably the drop rate is low.

I've customised the filter to show 1-hand swords from level 65+, so will go through some areas and see what I find, and start leveling up the Assassin's Mark and Curse on Hit gems.

Update: Managed to find some swords to upgrade. But the problem I have now is that Lightning resistance went down the drain (45%) because I wasn't table to add it to either of the swords (suffix filled after alch).

Don't think I understand the curse business. If you look at the gloves, must Herald of Ice be enabled for anything there to work?

Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jun 16, 2018, 7:19:42 PM
You should rather use BotD belt.

Life, damage, resistances ...

On top of that reduced crit damage and intimidate buff that boosts your damage by 10%! (on close range, won´t show on tooltip though)

The King's Blade sseems pretty common card and I have completed some sets earlier (not on purpose though).

Well you can try to farm one card and will see …

Curse on hit and HoI

Herald of ice must be enabled and the important feature here is that HoI has secondary conditional on kill effect (ice ring) which do hit, and therefore can curse on hit (only shattered enemies are cursed).
Last edited by Rakiii on Jun 16, 2018, 8:16:01 PM
YESSS! I got it =)

Came over a dark shrine and got speed from it. Actually very useful. Kept looking through some other rooms for things that would help me, but didn't find anything else. Thankfully it was enough. Swapped out Assassin's Mark for Enfeeble, as it sounded really good.

The final fight was pretty hectic as usual, but although life dumped down several times, it wasn't quite near the bottom, so the increased pool (plus enfeeble) must have helped. And it was much easier to get out of danger with such speed. At least if I would actually move instead of start hitting the guy. Whirling Blades help, but sometimes the mana pool is empty (despite some leech) when I have just 25%.

But Izaro died, and that's the main thing. Got only crap from the two chests, but no matter.

"
Rakiii wrote:
You should rather use BotD belt.

Life, damage, resistances ...

On top of that reduced crit damage and intimidate buff that boosts your damage by 10%! (on close range, won´t show on tooltip though)

Hmm, really? Even when the other belt has +132 life? With bonuses that's about 350. The unique belt does sound excellent though. Just wish it had more life, seeing as the target appears to be 5000+.

"
Rakiii wrote:
The King's Blade sseems pretty common card and I have completed some sets earlier (not on purpose though).

Well you can try to farm one card and will see …

Curse on hit and HoI

Herald of ice must be enabled and the important feature here is that HoI has secondary conditional on kill effect (ice ring) which do hit, and therefore can curse on hit (only shattered enemies are cursed).

Thanks for the info. Figured it out myself too, as I had a small practice run in some other Act 10 areas to level up the new gems a little bit. So then I must run with Hatred + Herald of Ice, which takes up 75% of the pool. Then there is Arctic Armour that would have been real handy, but can't have it all. Hatred does a lot of extra damage, and freezes and shatters foes, which is real helpful, especially in big crowds, or when tough foes freeze (like those big stone golems (or whatever they are) in the Labs.

Well then, onwards to Kitava. That one is bound to be tough.
"
Just don't be close to leveling. Trust me on this.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
"
fazlez1 wrote:
"

Little unsure how to interpret this comment, also because I'm not sure when people consider 'leveling' as "done"? Don't think there is anything else I can do now, besides farming old areas (boring). Or would it actually work to use the tier 1 maps I've received so far in the temple from an earlier act where I had to go to a boss? If so I could try that before facing off with Kitava. I'm level 73, though, so that should be good I guess? IIRC the build guide I'm following talked about finishing the story by around level 65-66.
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
"
fazlez1 wrote:
"

Little unsure how to interpret this comment, also because I'm not sure when people consider 'leveling' as "done"? Don't think there is anything else I can do now, besides farming old areas (boring). Or would it actually work to use the tier 1 maps I've received so far in the temple from an earlier act where I had to go to a boss? If so I could try that before facing off with Kitava. I'm level 73, though, so that should be good I guess? IIRC the build guide I'm following talked about finishing the story by around level 65-66.

'fazlez1' probably means you will die to Kitava so the loss of xp due to dying is more limited if you have less xp (inside the level bracket) to lose.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
He probably means to finish current level before facing Kitava (or any dangerous boss) to not loose the level progression.

If you hit lvl 73 right now go for him but expect being punished after defeating him with an extra 30% resistance penalty.

To BoTD belt:

Let say The big boss hits you for 3000 damage and will roll a crit!

Damage is multiplied by 1.3 usually (without an extra crit modifier on map/monster)

Damage taken:

without BoTD belt:
3000 * 1.3 = 3900 taken

with BotD belt:
It will reduce critical damage by 30%
30% of 900 = 270

3900 - 270 = 3630 damage taken

The belt prevents taking an extra 270 damage in that case.
We can pretend 270 reduced damage taken being an extra life buffer (raw comparison but just for imagination).

If you add an extra bonuses granted by the belt it´s pretty good choice and hard to beat.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jun 17, 2018, 6:50:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info