End of Act 5 impossible

"
Perq wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
weapons. are trash. you need solid phys damage weapons. your main hand is good for nothing and offhand is solid roll but on very low base. farm/buy better one(s).. It could help using a different skill where you dont need two good weapons for dw, like sunder for example

Correcting this, to avoid confusion: double strike uses main hand weapon only. Weapons are trash, but don't need two good ones. Dual strike uses both weapons.

If skill uses main hand weapon only, you get as good weapon as you can (highest DPS), and then some utility in your off-hand (global stats like resists, bonus damage scaling, some uniques and so on).

Thanks for the info. I've not delved into trading yet, though, and it sounds cumbersome and time-consuming (but I have some uniques I can't use and don't know what to do with, and vendors give me crap for them). Those weapons look pretty good, but hard to get my hands on. Stats like increased physical damage are 'local', right, so would only apply if you swing that sword.

Currently I'm thinking the weapons are quite allright, but what do I know, huh? :D With Hatred active, Double-Strike gets 6500 DPS and Cleave almost 13000 DPS. I know Cleave uses both weapons, so kind of conflicts with the build guide which has two different Double-Strike setups, but it's been doing great for clearing, and it's hard to argue with 13k DPS.

Currently using these weapons:

They may not look too hot, but the first one does more damage and has almost 2 attacks per second. Wish I found some great uniques, but it seems much more difficult to upgrade gear once you get to level 40-50. A little over level 60 now, and do have a 5L chest (with Double-Strike), but other than that I've not been able to upgrade much lately.

I'd like to get some more resistance, probably on the rings, but they also give a good deal of life which may be tricky to replicate. Would also like to upgrade the gloves, but I got the Reflection trigger word, which means a copy of myself helping out for 5 seconds or so, which is actually really useful.

Next up is the Cruel Labyrinth, so hopefully I can find some new gloves to upgrade at the end of it (and I hope it won't be a hair-tearing contest, like the last few bosses).

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for white gear I can upgrade to rares, but I'd need good base stats first, and the right sockets and linked.
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jun 11, 2018, 6:47:32 AM
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
Thanks. It has been going well most of the time now, just finished Act 7. But the bosses really do my head in. Just feels stupidly cheap when they keep one-shotting me, and for Arakaali I had almost 3000 HP.

Not sure what those attacks were, but *poof* and "Resurrect at Checkpoint" shows up.

Guess it just dawns on me more and more that this game is made for very heavy min-maxers, and it will keep getting more frustrating.

Cleave does 12500 dps according to the game, so I doubt the weapons are crap right now.

Despite having well made build you need to deal with boss mechanics.

DPS seems fine but your flasks could use some love.

Get anti bleed flask and try to finish cruel labyrinth for two more ascendancy points.

You would also use some curse (enfeeble is fine defensive option) and so on.

Keep upgrading your char and you will have a good time.
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
Thanks. It has been going well most of the time now, just finished Act 7. But the bosses really do my head in. Just feels stupidly cheap when they keep one-shotting me, and for Arakaali I had almost 3000 HP.

Not sure what those attacks were, but *poof* and "Resurrect at Checkpoint" shows up.

Guess it just dawns on me more and more that this game is made for very heavy min-maxers, and it will keep getting more frustrating.

Cleave does 12500 dps according to the game, so I doubt the weapons are crap right now.

Despite having well made build you need to deal with boss mechanics.

DPS seems fine but your flasks could use some love.

Get anti bleed flask and try to finish cruel labyrinth for two more ascendancy points.

You would also use some curse (enfeeble is fine defensive option) and so on.

Keep upgrading your char and you will have a good time.

That's a fair point, although as a new player the boss mechanics are tough to deal with the first time(s). Like just now I tried the Cruel Labyrinth. Managed to get to the very last stage against Izaro. But then the whole room was filled with traps and fire and god knows what, and from time to time I got teleported around. Almost got the guy (around 10% left), but even with three life flasks I ran out, and at some point he one-shotted me (how fun that is). And of course here I have to redo the whole darn thing. Not cool :(

I got little idea what was going on there, because I was too busy trying to stay alive. Extra annoying this time because I had found an extra treasure key. Maybe better to put off this one until later?

Normal maps or missions go fine tbh, I'm carving through just about everything, but the bosses have a surreal difficulty spike.

I've got a whole tab filled with various flasks (kept vendor-upgrading, but that doesn't work any more), so I'll see if I can pop blood stopping from one of them.

Maybe best to switch to the god power that refills flasks? Not sure how much the others are doing for me, as I'm not standing much still anyway (Tukohama).
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jun 11, 2018, 9:25:14 AM
"
Pangaearocks wrote:

That's a fair point, although as a new player the boss mechanics are tough to deal with the first time(s). Like just now I tried the Cruel Labyrinth. Managed to get to the very last stage against Izaro. But then the whole room was filled with traps and fire and god knows what, and from time to time I got teleported around

The green circle can teleport you into traps (so just stay out)

"
Pangaearocks wrote:

. Almost got the guy (around 10% left), but even with three life flasks I ran out, and at some point he one-shotted me (how fun that is). And of course here I have to redo the whole darn thing. Not cool :(

He shouldn´t be able to one shot you with 3k life in cruel (unless he was fully buffed from stages before) but it´s rather burst damage. Grace aura and instant flask should help.

"
Pangaearocks wrote:

I got little idea what was going on there, because I was too busy trying to stay alive. Extra annoying this time because I had found an extra treasure key. Maybe better to put off this one until later?

Izaro is in fact quite fair fight but you need to know about his mechanics (you can check wiki or YT eventually).
No shame to loose for the first time just get a bit extra power before facing him again:)

"
Pangaearocks wrote:

Normal maps or missions go fine tbh, I'm carving through just about everything, but the bosses have a surreal difficulty spike.

Yeah some bosses are tricky especially for melee but if you avoid their "big" attack you should be fine most of the time (good DPS is a must).

tip: You can use decoy totem to distract them.

"
Pangaearocks wrote:

I've got a whole tab filled with various flasks (kept vendor-upgrading, but that doesn't work any more), so I'll see if I can pop blood stopping from one of them.
Maybe best to switch to the god power that refills flasks? Not sure how much the others are doing for me, as I'm not standing much still anyway (Tukohama).

The optimal flask combo should be in your build or you can get an inspiration from other people here.
Soul of Ryslatha pantheon (refiling life flask) is pretty useful in labyrinth.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jun 11, 2018, 2:47:15 PM
Since you don't trade the easier way to upgrade your gear is by doing the master's missions and then crafting what you need on to your gear. This is the piece of crap that I used to make it through the end of act five:
That extra dps made a world of difference. Make sure you do the daily missions and level them up so you can craft on better stats
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
I've set my profile to public and showing characters, in case people with more skill want to check it out and give advice.

It's one thing if I was kinda close and can see what to do, but here I got completely annihilated. Very frustrating when it's been fun up to now, smashing groups of people in little time with cleave and multistrike. I've had the odd death before, but nothing like this. Massive difficulty spike.

I finally bothered to finish 6-10 over the last few days, and ate a few deaths but more out of impatience than anything.

You're definitely right tho how you can be trucking along relatively fine then suddenly feel like you hit a brick wall.

Spike damage basically becomes the only real threat to your character and once it does it remains that way.

Like folks have mentioned, capping resist is a priority for damage mitigation. You also need to increase your health and/or energy shield pool. The bigger the pool, the bigger the hit you can survive.

I think my very first character had well over 100 deaths by the time I finished act 10, largely to me just suicide runs at the boss when I wasn't strong enough to actually fight it.

As long as you prioritize learning and improvement, you'll find that stuff that would wreck you before become frivolous.
Yep, totally over league play.
LOL, it's not the end of Act 5, it's just a middle-act boss))

Hardest boss boss in acts, in my opinion. Died 25 times when did him solo first time on 3.0 beta.
Yay, a great moment for me. Managed to defeat Sunaris and Lunaris without dying :) Was incredibly close several times, but I found it easier to get out of their attack zone here than in some other bosses.

"
Rakiii wrote:

The green circle can teleport you into traps (so just stay out)

Thanks, that is very useful knowledge that I had no idea about. Instead of starting Act 9, I'll try to go back to the Cruel Labyrinth and see if I have better luck. Frustrating to have to redo the whole area, but I'm level 65-66 now so will hopefully have enough to beat him.

"
Rakiii wrote:

Izaro is in fact quite fair fight but you need to know about his mechanics (you can check wiki or YT eventually).
No shame to loose for the first time just get a bit extra power before facing him again:)

Guess it's just pretty chaotic, being new to the game and all. I tend to play strategy games or role playing games, which often have combat with pause, so it plays rather different ;-) But hopefully I have enough power now to deal with him without dying again. It can happen so quickly though.

"
Rakiii wrote:

Yeah some bosses are tricky especially for melee but if you avoid their "big" attack you should be fine most of the time (good DPS is a must).

tip: You can use decoy totem to distract them.

May have been several attacks for all I know, with Izaro too, stuff happens so quickly... but one moment health is topped up and the next it's practically gone and I'm expecting the 'reload' screen.

What kind of DPS is normal (without super-OP builds) for the Cruel Lab? Currently I have 10-11k on Double Strike, which I use for bosses and other tough enemies. Cleave is edging closer to 20k. Got a nice spike after crafting extra physical damage % on the sword that didn't have it.

"
Rakiii wrote:

The optimal flask combo should be in your build or you can get an inspiration from other people here.
Soul of Ryslatha pantheon (refiling life flask) is pretty useful in labyrinth.

From what I see, most people have 1-2 life flasks, which frankly wouldn't be able to keep me alive in these tough fights. But then I tend to forget to use the others I have due to the chaotic nature of the fights. They only last a few seconds too, so it kind of feels a bit pointless. But mostly I forget to use the others in the heat of battle.

Could probably drop the mana flask tbh. Almost never have to use it, despite having 50% reserved for Hatred.
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
What kind of DPS is normal (without super-OP builds) for the Cruel Lab? Currently I have 10-11k on Double Strike, which I use for bosses and other tough enemies. Cleave is edging closer to 20k. Got a nice spike after crafting extra physical damage % on the sword that didn't have it.

Current DPS shouldn´t be a problem even on merciless lab.

"
Pangaearocks wrote:

From what I see, most people have 1-2 life flasks, which frankly wouldn't be able to keep me alive in these tough fights. But then I tend to forget to use the others I have due to the chaotic nature of the fights. They only last a few seconds too, so it kind of feels a bit pointless. But mostly I forget to use the others in the heat of battle.

Could probably drop the mana flask tbh. Almost never have to use it, despite having 50% reserved for Hatred.

They usually blow whole pack of monsters with one (max two) hits while moving from one pack to another and keeping their flasks active all the time to benefit from its buffs (rather not possible in lab)

You need lots of practice and timing doing this though.

Well you shouldn´t need any mana flask bcos of mana leech and try to keep your flasks updated.

You should have divine (or eternal) life flask.

Try to get an instant recovery mod on your flask (instant healing)

Btw you should have some kind of life leech from gear, tree or gems.
Think about taking Vitality Void or at least using warlords mark curse.
It would help with your survivability without relying on flasks too much.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jun 12, 2018, 10:14:02 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:

Current DPS shouldn´t be a problem even on merciless lab.

Thanks, that is encouraging to hear. Earlier I tried to upgrade the weapons with whetstones and alchemy, but it was a waste as they came out worse than what I had.

Had another go at the Cruel lab, and got it! :) Went much smoother now, and didn't feel in that much danger in the final encounter. But for some reason there weren't traps all over the place either, at least not as bad as the first go. But I did remember to use the speed flask, which helped a little bit here and there. Got random 1% life/mana regeneration too, so that was nice. Will help up to the last lab as I may as well just keep these boots now. Before using the skull on those, I tried another round of upgrades on another set, but they too came out worse.

"
Rakiii wrote:

They usually blow whole pack of monsters with one (max two) hits while moving from one pack to another and keeping their flasks active all the time to benefit from its buffs (rather not possible in lab)

You need lots of practice and timing doing this though.

Well you shouldn´t need any mana flask bcos of mana leech and try to keep your flasks updated.

You should have divine (or eternal) life flask.

Try to get an instant recovery mod on your flask (instant healing)

Btw you should have some kind of life leech from gear, tree or gems.
Think about taking Vitality Void or at least using warlords mark curse.
It would help with your survivability without relying on flasks too much.

Thanks, will look into what those do, though I'm trying to follow the skill tree as per the guide (made a wrong 'turn' early on, but no big deal for now, can redo it later). Now with another pair of ascendency points, I have more life regen from Unbreakable, so that should help going forward. Up until bosses it's pretty much smooth sailing though. Some things hit harder than others so I must sometimes pull out, but for the most part I just go into a crowd with Cleave, everybody dies, and I move on. Switch to Double Strike for tough guys.

Not done any trading so this is de facto a SSF, but picked up this one. Can't use it myself, but would it be worth a pretty penny?

Presumably some of the uniques would be worth something too. Just wish it was possible to sell these things more efficiently really - and sadly vendors give "nothing" for them.

No idea about the chance for this, but I managed to open 4 treasure chests. Picked up a key throughout the dungeon somewhere, one from Izaro, and got 2 more from the first chest I opened. Quite nice :)

edit: For reference, this is the stage I'm working on now for the build. Filling out the rectangle of life skills near-ish Scion.
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jun 12, 2018, 1:33:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info