Crashing, crashing and more crashing since 3.3

5 crashes straight to desktop in the last hour or two. No error messages. I also don't see any kind of crash reporting tool running afterwards so i hope GGG is getting the crash reports.
Same issue as well... never had this many crashes ever so something is probably broken. Couldn't do 2 temples because as soon as I entered the portal the game crashed after 2 sec :((
"
Tjorgrim wrote:
Did anybody read my post ? I wasn't able to play 5 minutes without crash. After updating my Realtek HD Audio drivers to the latest version there where no more crashes. Did anybody else try that and did it help ?

I am trying this now. My drivers were from 2016 and updated to the most recent 7/2017 drivers. I'll let you know in a few hours if this works.
No crash today, played for ~3h and also did a full temple run.

I switched Leap Slam for Shield Charge, maybe that's the problem?
Do you all play LS?
"
No crash today, played for ~3h and also did a full temple run.

I switched Leap Slam for Shield Charge, maybe that's the problem?
Do you all play LS?

Nope, I use Shield Charge and it still crashes. Tried also using the standalone client instead of the Steam client with no luck.

My most recent observation was that my crashes only happen when I kill something, the split second it dies - I crash (but not all enemies, and it's seemingly random which enemies will cause me to crash).

This being said, I haven't fully tested just leeching a friend for a while to see if their kills crash me or not. Will update if I notice anything.

EDIT:
Just a note to those saying without reproduction steps we should just sit back and wait whilst GGG fix it; the first thing I do if I experience a problem is Google it. Most players take the same initiative to find out if it's a problem only they're experiencing or if other players are in the same boat.

Discussion threads like this one here bounce around possible causes, workarounds and potential (albeit sometimes only temporary) fixes to those affected, from updating drivers to changing graphical settings. That sort of discussion is a fantastic source to have at hand.

As pointed out in a prior post, when these crashes occur - there's no "Send Error Report" or confirmation of a log being sent to GGG, to give us an indication that they may see it and try to fix it, and that's the most jarring thing.

Whilst I don't doubt that a log is sent after every crash, it's a little more calming to know that a log has been sent and if the crash is out of my hands, it has the possibility of being seen.

We're completely left in the dark on a problem that is actively stopping a good amount of us from plummeting head-first into fantastic content, not even being told "We've noticed this problem.".
Last edited by Dribble on Jun 6, 2018, 4:59:45 PM
Can we get at lease an reply from the GGG ?
Those crashes are #$%^&$#%^&*

Thank you in advance
For me, it crashes every time when I have to defeat Vagan at Zana's Phantasmagoria map

It shows me a message though - "Buffer underflow"
Never had it before

Got straight to level 70 without a single crash, started maapping with a friend and he crashes upward of 10 times daily.
Can this get a reply from GGG? this is a pretty major issue given this entire league is time sensitive so one crash can be the difference between a great temple and total fucking garbage.
My specific issue seems to have been (as someone else pointed out correctly via PM's, thanks peeps!) my power supply going bad. After replacing it I've had no problems running POE for hours at the most crazy GPU-melting speeds I could manage. I guess POE being a performance shitshow will expose flaws in your PC, if nothing else. Lol.

Sorry everyone else, hope GGG fixes your crashing issues soon :(
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jun 6, 2018, 6:06:18 PM
I am getting crashes as well, it all started on a new toon using the skill Scorching Ray. Quite literally the game just crash quits.. no error message or anything indicated.

The temporary fix I found was to DISABLE - Engine Multithreading. This may fix other buggy problems as well, worth a shot if it hasn't already been mentioned in here before.
Last edited by NetArc on Jun 6, 2018, 7:07:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info