Crashing, crashing and more crashing since 3.3

Right now I can't even complete a map without crashing it seems. :/ The issue only started today since afternoon CET time.
Having the same issue with crashing frequently.
I'm running a Lightning Strike Scion build and frequently experience crashes (but not exclusively) in the Temple of Atzoatl, usually expecting about 3-4 of my portals to be used purely on crashes alone.

Some observations of my own, I've found like other people experiencing this issue that I almost know when the crashes will occur, and have noticed Buff icons go blank, or items to take a little longer to load visually (up to 10 minutes prior before the crash will happen).

All my crashes have been exclusively upon interacting with a group of enemies in areas rather than idling in hub or hideout. Using skills for prolonged periods in my hideout hasn't caused crashing either (I thought it may have been skill specific at first as I'm the only member of my guild experiencing this).

Sometimes the game will stutter and if I react in the split-second by stopping all peripheral input, it feels as if I've caught it before the crash, stopping it from going further, whereas if I don't catch that window and continue to provide input, I crash.

My crashes haven't caused instances to crash or friends to crash with me, I'm able to join straight back into instances I've disconnected from with ease.

I've crashed so far in; maps, acts, Incursions, the Temple of Atzoatl and Zana missions, all with the game window going an opaque white and not responding, quickly giving me the window saying that it's not responding with a "Close" option.

I've tried;
- Checking for Windows updates, using Windows 7 x64.
- Downgrading to a previous graphics driver (now back on the latest Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 driver - Version: 397.93).
- Turning all graphical options to their lowest setting in-game.
- Uninstalling my graphics drivers entirely with DDU.
- Verifying game cache on Steam.
- Checking hardware temperatures which have been fine.

If there's anything I can do to help provide some information to this bug that's making core league content unplayable - I'd be more than happy to do so.

EDIT:
An example of the crashes I have...

System Specs;

My BIOS is out of date by four years, I know dw. :P
Last edited by Dribble on Jun 4, 2018, 10:44:42 PM
I quit playing last league due to crashing constantly. Managed to level up without crashing but now that I'm in maps I'm starting to crash again. I always crash while attacking enemies and never while just running around as far as I remember. Playing a cyclone build.
"
Dribble wrote:
Having the same issue with crashing frequently.
I'm running a Lightning Strike Scion build and frequently experience crashes (but not exclusively) in the Temple of Atzoatl, usually expecting about 3-4 of my portals to be used purely on crashes alone.

Some observations of my own, I've found like other people experiencing this issue that I almost know when the crashes will occur, and have noticed Buff icons go blank, or items to take a little longer to load visually (up to 10 minutes prior before the crash will happen).

All my crashes have been exclusively upon interacting with a group of enemies in areas rather than idling in hub or hideout. Using skills for prolonged periods in my hideout hasn't caused crashing either (I thought it may have been skill specific at first as I'm the only member of my guild experiencing this).

Sometimes the game will stutter and if I react in the split-second by stopping all peripheral input, it feels as if I've caught it before the crash, stopping it from going further, whereas if I don't catch that window and continue to provide input, I crash.

My crashes haven't caused instances to crash or friends to crash with me, I'm able to join straight back into instances I've disconnected from with ease.

I've crashed so far in; maps, acts, Incursions, the Temple of Atzoatl and Zana missions, all with the game window going an opaque white and not responding, quickly giving me the window saying that it's not responding with a "Close" option.

I have the exact same symptoms.
Next time you start to feel the hiccups that usually preceed a crash, try exiting and re-entering the instance before the game actually crashes, cause on my side, it usually fixes the problem (hiccups gone right away, and no crash afterwards for that instance).
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Jun 4, 2018, 10:56:51 PM
"
xhul wrote:
I have the exact same symptoms.
Next time you start to feel the hiccups that usually preceed a crash, try exiting and re-entering the instance before the game actually crashes, cause on my side, it usually fixes the problem (hiccups gone right away, and no crash afterwards for that instance).

I'll try that temporary workaround for the instances where I get those hiccups before crashing, but for others I've either;
- Not got that luxury (Incursions being a one-way ticket),
- Simply haven't reacted quick enough to the window of opportunity I have,
- Not in a safe enough situation to do so as the crashes happen mid-fighting
- Or I don't experience those hiccups for some odd reason.

I may have to call off playing Path of Exile for a week or-so until this problem gets fixed in some way shape or form, because since that last post of mine - I've had another four crashes, three of which were Incursions.

It sucks 'cause I've got to say this league has been the best out of all of them for me so far. :(
Last edited by Dribble on Jun 4, 2018, 11:05:37 PM
edit

Some time ago I had an issue with the internetconnection and poe, got a ping like 400-1200-27 within seconds and I realized,when I quit running SPOTIFY next to poe I have a much better connection;

Same seems to apply to this issue, I stopped spotify and got no crash since. Don't know if it's a coincidence or not.

I am crashing since 3.3, never had the issue before. As a groundslam Slayer I am far from traps or anything. Seems to be happening whenever I hit large mobs, sadly "normal" enemies can cause a crash aswell.

Best league since Perandus, sadly unplayable. -.-
Last edited by engelscore235 on Jun 5, 2018, 3:05:00 AM
Just an update to this crash thread, Patch 3.3.0b's various crash fixes haven't solved this issue for me.

I read in another similar thread of an observation made over crashes experienced by a person were mostly associated with using Movement Skills into groups of mobs, so I tested not using my primary Movement Skill that I use heavily for my build (Shield Charge) to see if it would help, but no luck - I crashed after about five minutes of mapping cautiously.

This one is stumping me. :|
Did anybody read my post ? I wasn't able to play 5 minutes without crash. After updating my Realtek HD Audio drivers to the latest version there where no more crashes. Did anybody else try that and did it help ?
I'm crashing as well, but it just exits to desktop without any error message.
I looked in windows event log and there are 2 entries made everytime poe crashes.
After 4 pages you'd think someone from GGG would at least drop by and say "noted, we're looking into it"...
Renunciar a nuestros principios para ser aceptados, o arriesgarnos a vivir solos, siendo lo que somos...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info