[3.3] FOURmulaic Summoner - Skeletons + Spectres/Flame Golems, Fast, All Content, Starter [Updated]

Hi! First, fantastic guide. Im new, and i only played with necro. I love the SolarGuards with multiple shots and all that. Also i play my build in my own way, i learned A LOT from this guide but i use my own items and gems combinations.
Said that: i only have 5L armor and im using "Summon Phantasm on Kill" gem with the specters. The question is: it is a good choice replace the pierce gem in a 6L armor for the phantasm gem? In my 5L phantasms works nice, they have multiple shots, echo, and all that too, like specters, plus they have physical damage and base pierce effect.

Thanks!
"
HectorDrako wrote:
Hi! First, fantastic guide. Im new, and i only played with necro. I love the SolarGuards with multiple shots and all that. Also i play my build in my own way, i learned A LOT from this guide but i use my own items and gems combinations.
Said that: i only have 5L armor and im using "Summon Phantasm on Kill" gem with the specters. The question is: it is a good choice replace the pierce gem in a 6L armor for the phantasm gem? In my 5L phantasms works nice, they have multiple shots, echo, and all that too, like specters, plus they have physical damage and base pierce effect.

Thanks!

Change minion damage for phantasms. Pierce is a must skill gem, i think it was mentioned in the guide. It doesn't give much damage but it helps you killing lots of mobs, in this game it is important to clear maps fast and without pierce you will be much slower in that regard.
Has anybody tried bitterdream with frost sentinels for leveling yet? is it good?
As for which Spectre is the best I'll agree with Fourmulaicm SG>Fire Sent.>Frost Sent.
Probably until you can get 4L-SG, Frost with bitterdream might be sufficient.
But, SGs remain the best all around spectres.
Trying to max out my dodge, but I am still missing about 4%
I have:
10% from Hyrri
40% from the Tree
6% from my hook sword
5% from corrupted boots
10% from the flask

Am I missing something?
Can use vaal grace...
For mapping it is very fast. Getting problems in delve cities...depth 260+ need more defence?
Haven't responded much. Honestly, this build got too much attention and I want this build guide to die down for selfish reasons. I've read all your stupid ass comments here and on reddit. The build is still incredibly smooth and the only alternate minion build that I WOULD PLAY hasn't even been played by one person with a public profile. The build plays just as I well as expected in Delve.

There's no infinite Spectre scaling for Delve league. There was a ton of bugs that persisted for weeks that affected minion (& totem) builds and Solar Guards in particular. That was incredibly frustrating. I had to waste at least 50+ trips because I was unable to do certain encounters/bosses for three weeks.

You can get a +1 Spectre rare body armor but AFAIK you can't craft +1 Spectre on a chest. Pretty sure those chests only drop in the Delve. You CAN'T craft +1 skelly on a chest with +1 Spectre. It'll say it already has a mod of this type (sigh). You can craft +1 Spectre boots and Tiger Hooks with Minion damage with fossils.

Rampage doesn't affect minions. The Wiki says it does. Multiple notable content creators that have played longer than I have (more than four) have said it does. There's even a Build of the Week guide recommending Rampage for minions. Apparently, this is all misinformation

Sorry Mark, that none of us remember one line from two+ years ago in the 2.2 Patch Notes during a time I didn't give two cents about minion builds and put it in the build guide. According to Mark_GGG this shouldn't be news it should be "olds". HarHar minion information is easy to know when you work on the game.

Rampage is still great to have. I think it's mandatory for clear. If you look at my Delve char you can figure out how I get it.

There's a ton of misinformation in the old build guide video, and now there's even more misinformation in the build guide. I tried updating the guide one evening and it's too daunting going through several hundred lines of code with 20k+ words. A 15 minute video is worth 20,000 words, so I'll make one last video sometime in the future.

All the information you want to know is already in the guide or replies.

"
Potemnik wrote:
For mapping it is very fast. Getting problems in delve cities...depth 260+ need more defence?


What problems are you having at 260? I'm now pushing to 100 chaining T16 double beyonds and farming left and right at 270-290 for cities, currency, and boxes and not dying at all. I push the cart as fast as possible to the end with movement flasks up, phase run, & rampage. During the encounters, I let my Spectres do their thing with Soul Eater and cast my Skellies. If you go slow you're just asking to get surrounded or for some bulls*** on-death mechanic to kill you. Even if you have 50+ IIQ the best loot is at the end so just push the cart fast. You should have phasing (perma-phasing) and should be able to check side areas with no problems if you want to look for fossils or Prime Resonators if you have the right RNG seed :)

When I was pushing the Delve I didn't have issues doing that until I got well past 350. Then I started dying A LOT after 420+ when solo. I did ~510 in a group and the cities there are RIPPY AF. The regular encounters go just as easy as 270 OR you just get one shot. That's just how it goes as you get closer to 600. I'm going to push to 600 after 100 push, but there's a reason no one is going to get anywhere close to 1000 solo on HC.

"
Nekeyt wrote:
Trying to max out my dodge, but I am still missing about 4%
I have:
10% from Hyrri
40% from the Tree
6% from my hook sword
5% from corrupted boots
10% from the flask

Am I missing something?


Unless you run Grace with a Watcher's Eye mod you won't get permanent max dodge. That's why I repeatedly wrote pseudo-max dodge because you get the last 5% from the Pantheon or Abyss jewels when hit.

"
iPulsar wrote:
Has anybody tried bitterdream with frost sentinels for leveling yet? is it good?


I leveled with SRS and Skellies with SSF gear until maps, so I didn't rush to Death Attunement as planned. I did use a Bitterdream with Frost Sentinels for the first couple days of mapping until I got a Tabula drop the first weekend of the league. It was fine. If you're in trade league you should be okay to level with a Bitterdream and Bones of Ullr ASAP if you don't mind re-raising your Spectres every 5-10 levels and not being able to weapon swap.

"
iPulsar wrote:
Anybody tried this build in HC? How is it? It seems like it'd be ok from the looks of it


Yes. It's not like I've said it in multiple replies or other players have said so.

Don't try to go too far in the Delve on HC with this build. You can do 270-300 just fine. There will be nothing manly about going further than that unless you enjoy muling league gear to Standard.
Last edited by FOURmulaic on Sep 26, 2018, 1:54:28 AM
"
FOURmulaic wrote:
Haven't responded much. Honestly, this build got too much attention and I want this build guide to die down for selfish reasons. I've read all your stupid ass comments here and on reddit. The build is still incredibly smooth and the only alternate minion build that I WOULD PLAY hasn't even been played by one person with a public profile. The build plays just as I well as expected in Delve.

There's no infinite Spectre scaling for Delve league. There was a ton of bugs that persisted for weeks that affected minion (& totem) builds and Solar Guards in particular. That was incredibly frustrating. I had to waste at least 50+ trips because I was unable to do certain encounters/bosses for three weeks.

You can get a +1 Spectre rare body armor but AFAIK you can't craft +1 Spectre on a chest. Pretty sure those chests only drop in the Delve. You CAN'T craft +1 skelly on a chest with +1 Spectre. It'll say it already has a mod of this type (sigh). You can craft +1 Spectre boots and Tiger Hooks with Minion damage with fossils.

Rampage doesn't affect minions. The Wiki says it does. Multiple notable content creators that have played longer than I have (more than four) have said it does. There's even a Build of the Week guide recommending Rampage for minions. Apparently, this is all misinformation

Sorry Mark, that none of us remember one line from two+ years ago in the 2.2 Patch Notes during a time I didn't give two cents about minion builds and put it in the build guide. According to Mark_GGG this shouldn't be news it should be "olds". HarHar minion information is easy to know when you work on the game.

Rampage is still great to have. I think it's mandatory for clear. If you look at my Delve char you can figure out how I get it.

There's a ton of misinformation in the old build guide video, and now there's even more misinformation in the build guide. I tried updating the guide one evening and it's too daunting going through several hundred lines of code with 20k+ words. A 15 minute video is worth 20,000 words, so I'll make one last video sometime in the future.

All the information you want to know is already in the guide or replies.

"
Potemnik wrote:
For mapping it is very fast. Getting problems in delve cities...depth 260+ need more defence?


What problems are you having at 260? I'm now pushing to 100 chaining T16 double beyonds and farming left and right at 270-290 for cities, currency, and boxes and not dying at all. I push the cart as fast as possible to the end with movement flasks up, phase run, & rampage. During the encounters, I let my Spectres do their thing with Soul Eater and cast my Skellies. If you go slow you're just asking to get surrounded or for some bulls*** on-death mechanic to kill you. Even if you have 50+ IIQ the best loot is at the end so just push the cart fast. You should have phasing (perma-phasing) and should be able to check side areas with no problems if you want to look for fossils or Prime Resonators if you have the right RNG seed :)

When I was pushing the Delve I didn't have issues doing that until I got well past 350. Then I started dying A LOT after 420+ when solo. I did ~510 in a group and the cities there are RIPPY AF. The regular encounters go just as easy as 270 OR you just get one shot. That's just how it goes as you get closer to 600. I'm going to push to 600 after 100 push, but there's a reason no one is going to get anywhere close to 1000 solo on HC.

"
Nekeyt wrote:
Trying to max out my dodge, but I am still missing about 4%
I have:
10% from Hyrri
40% from the Tree
6% from my hook sword
5% from corrupted boots
10% from the flask

Am I missing something?


Unless you run Grace with a Watcher's Eye mod you won't get permanent max dodge. That's why I repeatedly wrote pseudo-max dodge because you get the last 5% from the Pantheon or Abyss jewels when hit.

"
iPulsar wrote:
Has anybody tried bitterdream with frost sentinels for leveling yet? is it good?


I leveled with SRS and Skellies with SSF gear until maps, so I didn't rush to Death Attunement as planned. I did use a Bitterdream with Frost Sentinels for the first couple days of mapping until I got a Tabula drop the first weekend of the league. It was fine. If you're in trade league you should be okay to level with a Bitterdream and Bones of Ullr ASAP if you don't mind re-raising your Spectres every 5-10 levels and not being able to weapon swap.

"
iPulsar wrote:
Anybody tried this build in HC? How is it? It seems like it'd be ok from the looks of it


Yes. It's not like I've said it in multiple replies or other players have said so.

Don't try to go too far in the Delve on HC with this build. You can do 270-300 just fine. There will be nothing manly about going further than that unless you enjoy muling league gear to Standard.


Sorry to hear that people are complaining :( I think you did a good job on making a build utilizing all 3 minions.

That being said, I was stubborn and decided to keep going with the max block variant. All Guardians and Shaper down, currently at about 330 delve without too many issues. Sadly I can't cap block without a flask anymore, but it's still not bad.

Gear

Spoiler


I manage to hit 72/61 block this way, without using any reckless defense jewels. Clear is good and it's quite tanky. I also have 77/76/76 max res, plus an unset ring for any purity I want to run for an additional +4. I've played other versions of max block spectres, but this clears much quicker.

Tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAQHBLMGOQj0Dc0N4hEtFCAWbxhWGS4aOBo-GmwczhzcJKonLyftKPoqmCtQLJwy0TWSNuk6WDrGOtg8LT0PQYdCS0QERUdFnUiOSp9Ms025UEdRYFNSVcZXDVqRXz9g-GL0ZlRmnmdxaGVodGoeajtqQ2qsa9txsnasfIN8u331gseDX4PMg9uFYIV7hcWIQI6-jxqQM5BVksGYrZrgm4qg5qIApqyofaqpqsSsmK2Nr6e3PriTvOq-T8BmxPbGrsy8z37QH9Ih04_T-9i92V7ZYdpi37DfvuNq6-7sOOyD7IrvDu_r8B_yL_MG85v31_no-tL7qv4K_lT-gQ==?accountName=Darksagex&characterName=Gloomnia
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
Last edited by Darksagex on Sep 26, 2018, 5:09:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info