[3.3] FOURmulaic Summoner - Skeletons + Spectres/Flame Golems, Fast, All Content, Starter [Updated]

Awesome, thanks for answering my question!

I see you're playing the build in 3.3. How are you finding it? Anything you'd change now that you've played it for a bit in the new patch/league?
@FOURmulaic I've gotten to level 70, the damage is pretty nice and shield charge with Brightbeak feels really nice. The only issue I can see, and I can see it in your videos as well, is that we have terrible mana regen. I regularly run out of mana. Have you managed to find a way around this?

Edit: I tried using clarity but I didn't feel like that was a long term solution. Since we don't need anything specific from our jewellery I just got mana regen on all 3 pieces (Including flat regen on the amulet) and that's done the trick completely!
Last edited by m0onknight on Jun 16, 2018, 10:17:41 AM
"
m0onknight wrote:
@FOURmulaic I've gotten to level 70, the damage is pretty nice and shield charge with Brightbeak feels really nice. The only issue I can see, and I can see it in your videos as well, is that we have terrible mana regen. I regularly run out of mana. Have you managed to find a way around this?

Edit: I tried using clarity but I didn't feel like that was a long term solution. Since we don't need anything specific from our jewellery I just got mana regen on all 3 pieces (Including flat regen on the amulet) and that's done the trick completely!

Level 70 is low and you gain more mana as you level. Once your spectres are properly setup you'll only cast your skelly warriors on occasion vs rares and monsters with proximity shields. Your spectres will do more than 95% of the map clearing for you. Save your Vaal Summon Skeletons for the boss. You'll mainly spend your mana using shield charge. You can look at the video below I just recorded to see what I mean.

"
Awesome, thanks for answering my question!

I see you're playing the build in 3.3. How are you finding it? Anything you'd change now that you've played it for a bit in the new patch/league?

I'm very impressed with how versatile the build and Summoners in general can be. Incursion really forced me to focus on clear speed and making the build faster to fully clear the incursions. I think it's 100% worth using an Unending Hunger jewel and Bisco's Leash to help clear speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjP5ZoHabcw

I finally got to do Uber Elder (someone else's). That was an experience. Everything else in the game has been no sweat even with my clear speed setup. I'm including Shaper, Uber/Atzoatl Atziri, all Guardians (save for Minotaur with certain mods but that could just be me being bad), and Elder Guardians.

Uber Elder was on a whole new level. I had four portals to try. I had terrible vortex placement, 120+ ping, and all my Solar Guards died. If I got the opportunity again I would respec to a more defensive setup with ~20% life regen without Necromantic Aegis just for that fight. I got them both to 20%, and I've seen others do it with a similar build so I know it can be done.
Ok, I see what you're doing in that video.. I'll try and do the same. Thanks so much for your help so far.

The build is doing well so far, level 85 now. I felt a bit fragile in a T14 but I'm not sure if I should be shield charging into packs at that tier.

At what point did you do Guardians? Just wondering what threshold I need to hit before I think about doing them. My gear's below for reference. I've got around 6k HP.

Last edited by m0onknight on Jun 16, 2018, 8:27:27 PM
Your gear and jewels look fine. Try to get that Vaal Summon Skeleton gem leveled up, and don't forget you can craft +1 max skeletons on your chest. That will help your single target. You went for all the jewel sockets sooner than I did so the rest of your nodes will all go towards life. If you feel your life is low you can unspec out of Grave Intentions or a jewel socket, but you should be good to go.

I full carried a guildmate vs corrupted Hydra around level 87 with ~6.5k life with much worse gear than yours and what I have now. The only times I need to be mindful is vs Minotaur, Uber Atziri and Uber Elder. I need to remember to bring a Basalt flask and granite flask for Minotaur and a ruby flask for Atziri because I've been caught by her flameblast going off early. Uber Elder you need way more life regen from the tree and abyss jewels. Everything else I've fully carried at least other person at some point with my Necromantic Aegis setup (besides HOGM).

I wouldn't intentionally go shield charging into every pack. I mainly do it to proc Elemental Equilibrium, but that Keystone node is not necessary and it's counterproductive with Sadima's Touch if you decide to magic find and get more IIQ.
Last edited by FOURmulaic on Jun 17, 2018, 12:26:16 AM
which of the three variations is all-around the best?
Hi , i'm quite new to this game , i'm leveling a witch with your guide and i have some difficulties at act 4 i died 5 times against Kaom because my minions die too fast ( btw i was level 36 )
and i died 5 times too in arenas because of same things : too many mobs packed around me (so can't move) , minions too weak , i try to spam my minions creations spell but that not works

I tryed to stack defense stats but what i need is damage :/
And because it's my first character i have no chaos for tabula rasa or other gear on the trade market

So have you some advice for me :) ? here my character and gear :

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Eywua/characters

And my actual passive tree : https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAAQHCPQPqxEtFr8i9CaVLJw2PTpYSbFMs1BCUzVVS1XGYeJqQ2vbbAtsjG0ZbWx8g30Yg9uFYIw2jr6SwZMnnaqhL6rErJi86r6Kv5fJPcy818_fsOvu74jyHvfX-Tc=?accountName=Eywua&characterName=EywuaNecro
lvling tree?
"
lvling tree?

the link is in my last post , and my profile is public so i think u can go check directly on
"
Eywua wrote:
"
lvling tree?

the link is in my last post , and my profile is public so i think u can go check directly on

sorry, I did not specify what I wanted to know, but I was referring to the creator of the build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info