[3.3] FOURmulaic Summoner - Skeletons + Spectres/Flame Golems, Fast, All Content, Starter [Updated]

Hey. What's the 3link in the bitterdream when you switch to frost sentinels temporarily?
Spoiler
"
neltisen wrote:
After reading patch notes, IMHO, they added 1s CD to skills that had no cooldown (i.e. auras, Molten Shell). They mentioned "or less" - which would probably mean instant mines. As for skills that had cooldown already, I highly doubt they decreased it. We will see in a few hours ^^ even with 4s long cooldown, this skill on instant cast is a huge QoL.

Edit: Additional question about bases. For +spectres crafting which bases shall I aim for? Int/Dex hybrids?

You're correct. After watching ZiggyD's video there is still a 4 second cooldown on Phase Run. Off-topic: New Static Strike looks amazing. 5L HoI + Inpulsa's and you can probably make a pseudo-autobomber build with strong single target.

If it's possible to craft +1 Spectre on another slot I'd prefer weapon or glove slot. You want to be able to essence craft 10% dodge on a 6L chest. I'm purely speculating about the possibility for now.

Spoiler
"
IAmCarl wrote:
Hi, FOURmulaic.

In terms of clearing in the Delve mines, should I stick with the gems you have for clearing or should I swap something out like Faster Projectiles for a straight damage gem as the mobs get stronger?

I feel like I may not need the projectile speed with the width and layout of the Delve mines - GMP Solar Guards should cope just fine.

Or if I am playing with a friend using the same build, should one of us drop a certain gem or should we just use the same links?

It really depends on how Spectres will scale in the Delve. Remember, you still have to farm maps for materials to explore the Delve. Swapping GMP for Slower Proj for single target should be fine for everything besides Uber Elder until you're well past T17/84. The Delve doesn't have map mods like monster resists / EE / more monster life to worry about. You'll want a build that can farm fast and another build that can quickly push deep into the Delve for max time efficiency. Hopefully, this will be able to do both reasonably well. You could use LMP instead of GMP in the Delve to avoid the extra 10% less damage.

Yes, one of you should gem swap for single target as you push deeper. You and your friend should try to synergize your auras and Watcher's Eye jewels when you're together. For example, one of you runs Purity of Ice/Vaal Grace + Purity of Lightning and one runs Haste + Purity of Elements so it's easy to swap back for solo play. Both of you should invest into your Animate Guardian. The buffs from Dying Breath, Leer Cast, Crown of the Tyrant (and Commander of Darkness) should still stack unless they ninja nerfed something. Duo playing this was very strong from my experience with a guildmate.

For maximum damage in the Delve you'll want to swap to a +1 6L chest for Skellies (Multistrike/Ruthless would be the 6th link) and Spectres in a pseudo 7L-8L-9L Elder Helm with Minion Damage/Conc Effect/More Ele Dmg/Immolate/ +2 Minion / Minion Life. That was the original build that had slower clear, more damage, and was more expensive.

"
sayestra1134 wrote:
Hey. What's the 3link in the bitterdream when you switch to frost sentinels temporarily?

Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - GMP/Slower Proj

Put Cold Snap or Arctic Breath somewhere to chill things for the Hypothermia bonus

**The Spectres are for clearing on the move. I haven't done this leveling strat before. It should be okay with a Wraithlord. I hope it doesn't suck because it's what I plan to do.
Last edited by FOURmulaic on Aug 31, 2018, 12:59:08 PM
So I am considering dropping the shield charge and just using quicksilver with flasks for movement, replacing it with Smite+fortify+the new minion healing purity. Does this seem reasonable or am I making a mistake?
Are you just using artic breath to proc EE? What is with the added cold damage enchant on the weapon in your profile how much are you even attacking to use that? wouldnt you also do something light lightning damage to spells on the weapon or something to get more out of EE?

sorry if this is a stupid question, just trying to make sure i understand the mechanics.

thanks
Just got to the maps, 5linked hyrri's ire in 5 fuses but i guess it's pretty much useless before i get wraiths. Will 4 link skeletons be enough or should i get another armor until i get to them? Also i think i should still use melee splash, tried switching to maim but probably it was a mistake, should i switch minion damage for that though?
Don't really understand why we need necromantic aegis, played summoner only once and don't recall using victario so maybe i am missing something? Shouldnt my minions still get the charges even if there is no aegis?
Also zombies feel useless during mapping. And not really sure what should i use instead or if they are still good.
Last edited by Sunw1sh on Sep 1, 2018, 2:29:13 PM
"
Sunw1sh wrote:
"
Just got to the maps, 5linked hyrri's ire in 5 fuses but i guess it's pretty much useless before i get wraiths. Will 4 link skeletons be enough or should i get another armor until i get to them? Also i think i should still use melee splash, tried switching to maim but probably it was a mistake, should i switch minion damage for that though?
Don't really understand why we need necromantic aegis, played summoner only once and don't recall using victario so maybe i am missing something? Shouldnt my minions still get the charges even if there is no aegis?
Also zombies feel useless during mapping. And not really sure what should i use instead or if they are still good.

Let me tell You what I did. Asap I did merciless lab (I got all skelly and spectre ondes, only aura one is left for uber) I swapped to final build (3 spectres, 9 skellies, buffs, shield charge and other stuff. Dropped zombies).

Skelly setup is - minion damage, melee damage, brutality (until I get a better helmet with minion damage and can swap it for maim). Skellies are for single target and focusing spectres. Use them on 5-L

For spectres I am using Solar Guards. Got early tabula drop. On 5-L I'd use Pierce, Faster Projectiles, Echo, GMP (in this order. Pierce and faster projectiles are really needed for clear speed). They clear everything instantly on maps T7 (did not get higher map drops yet).

Get Victario's Charity. It's an OP shield for Necromantic Aegis. If you have Victario without aegis, You yourself have to hit 20 times (5% chance) to get frenzy charge (and give it to those around you) and kill 10 mobs (10% chance) Yourself to get power charge. If you get Necro Aegis, it's like each minion equip it, on each minion hit they give charges to those around.

For zombies, on maps you can drop them, use skellies and spectres, support skills, movement skills, CWDT setup

FYI - I did T7 map without capped resist and in gear level 20~40, 2.5k HP (currently over 3k). Merciless Izaro phases lasted about 2-3 seconds. Map bosses die even faster. I got Vaal Skellies during levelling, so map bosses die almost instantly (it does not work in lab, because of a different room, though, but I think that Vaal Portal would fix this. Worth a shot).
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
Last edited by neltisen on Sep 2, 2018, 2:42:07 AM
"
neltisen wrote:
"
Sunw1sh wrote:
"

Let me tell You what I did. Asap I did merciless lab (I got all skelly and spectre ondes, only aura one is left for uber) I swapped to final build (3 spectres, 9 skellies, buffs, shield charge and other stuff. Dropped zombies).

Skelly setup is - minion damage, melee damage, brutality (until I get a better helmet with minion damage and can swap it for maim). Skellies are for single target and focusing spectres. Use them on 5-L

For spectres I am using Solar Guards. Got early tabula drop. On 5-L I'd use Pierce, Faster Projectiles, Echo, GMP (in this order. Pierce and faster projectiles are really needed for clear speed). They clear everything instantly on maps T7 (did not get higher map drops yet).

Get Victario's Charity. It's an OP shield for Necromantic Aegis. If you have Victario without aegis, You yourself have to hit 20 times (5% chance) to get frenzy charge (and give it to those around you) and kill 10 mobs (10% chance) Yourself to get power charge. If you get Necro Aegis, it's like each minion equip it, on each minion hit they give charges to those around.

For zombies, on maps you can drop them, use skellies and spectres, support skills, movement skills, CWDT setup

FYI - I did T7 map without capped resist and in gear level 20~40, 2.5k HP (currently over 3k). Merciless Izaro phases lasted about 2-3 seconds. Map bosses die even faster. I got Vaal Skellies during levelling, so map bosses die almost instantly (it does not work in lab, because of a different room, though, but I think that Vaal Portal would fix this. Worth a shot).

Ok thanks, did izaro on level 67 even before finishing kitava lol. Will try switching zombies for spectres.
Figured out victario, wording was a bit confusing, but still thanks for the explanation.
"
Sunw1sh wrote:

Ok thanks, did izaro on level 67 even before finishing kitava lol. Will try switching zombies for spectres.
Figured out victario, wording was a bit confusing, but still thanks for the explanation.

I always do merciless lab before Kitava, before resistances get hit. it is easier ^^
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
Since the nerf of brightbeak for shield charge, I used an Aurumvorax to trivialize elemental resistances.
Didn't even feel a thing when Kitava act 10 died :)

It's a great budget option.
Last edited by DoYouEvenPrayz on Sep 2, 2018, 11:25:38 AM
This is my first time really investing in mapping since, well, Breach, and I've just had a piece of Elder gear drop that I think is worth using, but I'm kind of stumped as to how. It's a helm with 18 Conc Effect and 16 Minion Damage, 15% Minion Damage. Seems hot to me. The problem is that it's an Armour/Evasion helm, and I haven't been able to get it past BBGR for its sockets.

So I guess my question is, in a build similar to this one, is it worth using Solar Guards in that helm? Conc Effect would rule out Skellies and Zombies (barring Violent Dead shenanigans, but even then there's a green socket) but I'm also considering Flame Golems if I can stuff a Clayshaper in my build, and maybe drop Zombies all together. Or move zombies into my gloves, skeletons out of the helm into my boots (currently using a plain +1 minion gem crafted helm because I'm lazy and in my mind still leveling.) and put flame golems into the helm. Jesus. This game is insane. I love it. Thanks GGG.

Helm in question: https://imgur.com/a/sSXCjAp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info