[3.3] RF JUGG from zero to glory, incursion journey

any map mods that u cant do?
except no regen
When u crafted your helmet doing suffix cant be changed and using a chaos orb, I think there is a chance u brick the helmet if it gets another suffix? Can you confirm before I try this?

Edit: Nvm LMAO one horror essence and I ended up with this beast!

Its up for mirror service if anyone wants a copy!
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger
Last edited by demondied1 on Jul 8, 2018, 3:52:55 PM
Hello, I need help for my jugg RF build and I stumbled upon this(didnt exist back when I first checked the forums).
I started asking questions around for suggestions and I got multiple different ones thrown at me.

My current situation is this;

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/kadrek91/characters?characterName=TehRingOfFire

or

https://pastebin.com/FD3enm9R for PoB (I checked everything I think)

From what I understand I:

1)Should take a pair of boots with high life and tri-res without implicit(since I need to enchant them, and I even spent 60c on my two-toned, I fugged up real bad, would cost me 3ex or more);

2)Should then put the recovery belt on hold and get a tri-res belt(should cost me around 1 ex or more);

3)Replace my current jewels with very good life+double dps jewels(should cost me around 2 ex total);

4)Get an essence of insanity+burning damage+open prefix to craft life helmet(5ex or more);

5)Get a weapon with blood magic and the other nice stuff to run triple aura enlighten so that then I can replace the belt with a recovery life belt(I don't even know how much this would cost)

Do I have to do all of this do get decent in order to boss? I didnt think this build was going to end up eating so much currency, everybody is always praising the "budgetness" of RF.. budget my ass.

What can I do immediately to improve my build consistently? as a short term and next steps?
Last edited by kadrek91 on Jul 10, 2018, 10:52:09 PM
"
kadrek91 wrote:

1)Should take a pair of boots with high life and tri-res without implicit(since I need to enchant them, and I even spent 60c on my two-toned, I fugged up real bad, would cost me 3ex or more);

your boots are fine, the difference of 0.5 life regen is negligible. It has tons of life and some movement speed, so pretty good. No need to change unless you have 20 ex laying around.

"
kadrek91 wrote:

2)Should then put the recovery belt on hold and get a tri-res belt(should cost me around 1 ex or more);

No, recovery belt is top priority, you should never replace it with tri-res belt. if you are lack of res, use jewels or other gears to fix them.

"
kadrek91 wrote:

3)Replace my current jewels with very good life+double dps jewels(should cost me around 2 ex total);

Jewels are flexible, you should upgrade them last, as you may have different need when your other gear change. For instance, resistance or dex.

"
kadrek91 wrote:

4)Get an essence of insanity+burning damage+open prefix to craft life helmet(5ex or more);

I think you mean essence horror. Your current one is very good, maybe you upgraded it after you posted. You can replace efficacy wit inc aoe if you don't like the AOE. Unless you have 30+ free ex can spend, otherwise, use this helm for the whole league.

"
kadrek91 wrote:

5)Get a weapon with blood magic and the other nice stuff to run triple aura enlighten so that then I can replace the belt with a recovery life belt(I don't even know how much this would cost)

That would be good, will boost boss dps a lot. It should be about 5ex, you can also craft it by yourself.

"
kadrek91 wrote:

Do I have to do all of this do get decent in order to boss? I didnt think this build was going to end up eating so much currency, everybody is always praising the "budgetness" of RF.. budget my ass.

What can I do immediately to improve my build consistently? as a short term and next steps?

I don't like to say it is budget friendly, but it is not super expensive. You can pretty much get everything with 40ex, which couldn't even buy a HH for those MF build.
The beauty of this build is it scale really well with the money you put in. You can see my progression along with incursion. It has tons of fun while watching your character grow.

Your build is almost them, buy a watcher eye with vitality mod first. here is the query. This is the top priority. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/0zGjgsg
After you get watcher's eye, you can get one crafted sceptre. Then you should be able to kill everything easily except uber elder. If you macro skill is good, you can kill uber elder too.

Then you can just breeze through the game and whenever you have some extra money, upgrade one or 2 pieces of your rare gears.

Good luck and enjoy.
[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by BlowBlood on Jul 12, 2018, 4:31:29 AM
Could you take a look at my char? I'm close to hitting 95, after it I want to hit shaper and start going after the end game stuff, uber atziri, uber elder...etc. What could I improve?
"
Nosferat wrote:
Could you take a look at my char? I'm close to hitting 95, after it I want to hit shaper and start going after the end game stuff, uber atziri, uber elder...etc. What could I improve?

Your gear is pretty good. Noticeably, only need crafted sceptre. You can also divine your watcher's eye up to 28+.

For ring choice, one more kaom's way will give you 5 extra physical reduction, 4 chaos resistance, 9*1 - 8*0.6 = 4.2% life regeneration. I would say kaom's way is way better than opal ring. However, if you are just speed running low tier map, then you don't need the tankiness. For shaper, uber elder, uber atziri, kaom's way is definitely better.

Shaper should be pretty easy, uber atizir depends on your experience, it can be easy if you know the fight well. Uber elder requires some fine tuning and practice, but definitely reachable.
[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by BlowBlood on Jul 12, 2018, 11:37:17 PM
Went in with brightbeak , killed him.....not easily, but it was ok.

Thanks for the feedback. I did die 2 times, mostly because I forgot to switch flasks and this is my second time over 5 leagues that I actually face shaper, so I'm not familiar with the mechanics yet.

I also made the mistake of not having enough endurance charges,tried with enduring cry at first, but honestly the doedre flask worked better for me, it gives instantly full endurance charges.
Last edited by Nosferat on Jul 13, 2018, 1:05:46 PM
Hey, trying your build out, first time playing RF, so these might be noob questions.

1. What about Incinerate instead of Scorching ray? It feels much better early levels (50ish so far).

2. I dropped a near perfecet Doryani's Catalyst recently, wouldnt that be a huge upgrade over Brighbeak later?
"
nyikhmur wrote:
Hey, trying your build out, first time playing RF, so these might be noob questions.

1. What about Incinerate instead of Scorching ray? It feels much better early levels (50ish so far).

2. I dropped a near perfecet Doryani's Catalyst recently, wouldnt that be a huge upgrade over Brighbeak later?

The purpose of scorching ray is to lower enemy fire resistance, the damage only matters when you get very good gear. You can play whatever you like when you are leveling and switch later.

Doryani is in a awkward position. If you need dps, then go with crafted sceptre, if you need map clear speed, then brightbeak. You can use doryani if you need dps and can tolerate the slower shield charge.
[Removed by Admin]
Hi,

The video on crafting the helm is down. Could u explain me how to do it?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info