[3.3] RF JUGG from zero to glory, incursion journey

Showcase How I start with RF@lvl 35 in incursion to very end game until fully geared. How I upgrade and prioritize gear.

Bandit
2 skill points

Pantheon
Major: Solaris, fully upgraded. Only use Arakaali when gear was really bad. Once you can sustain RF, switch to Solaris, 8 reduced elemental damage taken and no extra damage from crit if get crit-ed recently is huge. esp the crit.
Minor: Shakari for everything. Sometimes, switch to Tukohama for uber elder/ uber atziri, not very necessary.

Finally product POB: https://pastebin.com/jPZNaytY

======== Gear progression guide ==================

Amateur

1) finish normal lab, become a juggernaut, take Unbreakable.
2) have purify of fire and vitality aura one.
that is it, then you can run RF. Check my level 35 set up for reference. There is slight degen, but manageable

Entry level

Have
purity give extra max fire resistance.
Have EE and EO.
At this stage, you are officially play RF. No degen at this point.
Get
for resistance and movement skill. Use it until to very end game.

Advanced level

, 2 mods RF jewels, life + burning damage.
at this point, your game play should be very smooth. no issue with yellow maps at all.

Master level

Get

Mediocre leather belt like
. you can buy a base and throw a few alt on it to get life recovery mode, then good to go, you will upgrade it later.
Horror helm.
, just get a base and slam horror on it. you can upgrade this later.

at this point, you can cheese all yellow maps, red maps are not a big issue either except a few hard encounters.

Grandmaster level

Here comes multi ex purchase. once you get all previous items, then you can try to get watcher's eye,
, and 3-4 mods RF jewels. crafted sceptre, xoph's heart.

======Below is my progression in incursion league, due to the market is quite different during beginning of league, so gear order may differ =====

Leveling

Ground slam => double strike(8) => Sunder(12)
until level 35 and then to RF

Tree

Transit to RF@lvl 35

40 skill points, but due to incursion exp, lvled to 35 after normal lab.
Get Juggernaut ascendancy.
gear required: Springleaf, cost 1 alchmey

int is not enough for efficacy.
Tree

Gear@Kitava

oops. forgot to link it, basically bought Saffell's frame and 1 Kikazaru ring.

Gear@6/2

Gear purchase order, get 2 kikazaru rings first and then replace them with Kaom's way. Rings + prophecy is usually cheaper. Get a "Might of the meek" jewel, it is a bit less than 10c. then get life/burning damage jeweel. Also need one abyssal jewel with cold or lightning damage. The extra modes on jewels can be resistance, dex or attack speed with one hand/shield/mace.

Once 2 Kaom's way is done, aim for amulet, belt. Get mediocre glove and boot (10c each piece or so), and then save money for Kaom's heart.

Tree

Gear@6/4

Got Kaom's heart, horror helm and elder leather belt, the belt is just temporary one, will upgrade soon.

Next:, get vit jewel, elder belt, enlighten 4.

Gear@6/6

Got vit jewel, Horror burning damage helm. Next step: upgrade glove and boots. and then elder belt and enlighten 4.
Making money in this stage: farm chimera. if no maps then buy chimera.

Tree

Gear@6/9 and Done

Made huge progress. Get boots, glove, crafted new elder belt. Pushed Elrean to lvl 8 so crafted my sceptre. Got enlighted 4 as well. T16 mapping is very profitable.

All of gears are pretty much done. Maybe some jewel can be changed to 1ex+ ones. But the money will all be invented into mapping. All excess money will be saved for a HH or a Mirror. Pushing leveling now.

Gear after fine tuning,

Crafted my helm. I love you, Tora. Here is the video shows how to craft it. I learnt this from GFL's highlight video. https://youtu.be/fGZTFvOqHCc

My glory jewels collections. Abyss jewel need 4 mods.but no one is selling anything better. Divined all of them to 7% max life/50 life now.

[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by BlowBlood on Sep 19, 2018, 7:43:32 PM
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2018, 3:39:19 AM
no rush, thanks.
[Removed by Admin]
nice skilltree
Hey there. I am playing RF Jugg for the first time this league. Can you check out my character on Incursion and let me know what I should focus upgrading next. Thanks so much.
"
sethers656 wrote:
Hey there. I am playing RF Jugg for the first time this league. Can you check out my character on Incursion and let me know what I should focus upgrading next. Thanks so much.

Your gear is pretty solid. You should be able to beat everything easily except uber elder at this point.
If you want to try uber elder. you need to squeeze in purity of cold. Get vitality watcher's eye with life recovery rate. Purity of Ice can help you cap your resistance easily as well.

So overall I would say, upgrade order is,
1) vitality watcher's eye.
2) Enlighten 4 to fit in purity of ice, you don't need empower.
3) Crafted sceptre with elemental focus and blood magic, like mine to put in SR.
4) in the mean time, get 3/4 mods jewels.
5) your belt/glove/boots can get better, but they are already decent now, next upgrade will be about 2ex per piece.
[Removed by Admin]
Hi Blowblood,

I'm following your skill tree and I've got a couple of nodes to go in the bottom section, however, I'm doing lowish damage in t12+. I completed Red Elder last night but it was a bit of a slow fight. I understand this build is built on survivability and not pure numbers, but can you have a look and give me your thoughts on what I should do next? My character should be public, it's Phoenixzeus_RF

I'm thinking my priorities are 1 - get the remaining skill nodes at the bottom of the tree, 2 - get the Xoph's amulet and 3 - get jewels with 2 damage modifiers.

What are your thoughts?
I've never played RF, and understand the transition can be a little awkward

That said, struggling a bit in SSFHC. I have 1 kika and springleaf, and still degenning pretty hard at 49. I have a Rise of the Pheonix at 65, which I'm sure will help, but at this rate i don't know if I'm gonna make it that far... had a few close calls so far lol.

"
Phoenixzeus wrote:
Hi Blowblood,

I'm following your skill tree and I've got a couple of nodes to go in the bottom section, however, I'm doing lowish damage in t12+. I completed Red Elder last night but it was a bit of a slow fight. I understand this build is built on survivability and not pure numbers, but can you have a look and give me your thoughts on what I should do next? My character should be public, it's Phoenixzeus_RF

I'm thinking my priorities are 1 - get the remaining skill nodes at the bottom of the tree, 2 - get the Xoph's amulet and 3 - get jewels with 2 damage modifiers.

What are your thoughts?

Your gears are pretty solid. T12+ shouldn't be an issue. This build is slow in high red maps. It can never achieve the clear speed of wander/bow.

You can upgrade your glove/boots/belt. Life is THE most important stats for this build. try to get as high as possible on these. You can search high life/one high res and then craft another res. You may be short of some resistance after changing gear, use jewels to fix it.
The life on your helm can be re-crafted. I believe it is from low level haku.
You can also use sceptre like mine, it is about 6ex now, you can also craft yourself. I made some mad money from crafting and selling these sceptres. Looks like you bought the amulet from me. I will give you 1ex discount when you buy sceptre from me:P
Upgrade jewels last, as they are expensive now and you may need to adjust them based on other gears.
[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by BlowBlood on Jun 23, 2018, 8:44:09 PM
"
I've never played RF, and understand the transition can be a little awkward

That said, struggling a bit in SSFHC. I have 1 kika and springleaf, and still degenning pretty hard at 49. I have a Rise of the Pheonix at 65, which I'm sure will help, but at this rate i don't know if I'm gonna make it that far... had a few close calls so far lol.

Have you become a jugg? Unbreakable should help a lot. SSFHC is extremely hard mode and RF requires some specific gears. What else can I say, good luck on your adventure.
[Removed by Admin]
Thanks for the feedback mate. Since getting that amulet everything has fallen into place. I just might have to take you up on the scepter offer when I get the currency. At the moment I'm just trying to work out a plan to make some money, lately I've just been farming lab/high temples and selling the guardian maps for the easy 30-40c each.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info