[3.3] RF JUGG from zero to glory, incursion journey

"
BlowBlood wrote:

Have you become a jugg? Unbreakable should help a lot. SSFHC is extremely hard mode and RF requires some specific gears. What else can I say, good luck on your adventure.

I'm trying this in SSF too, not HC though. I didn't start with it, so I got at least a bit of gear going:

Spoiler

I didn't have yet luck with prophecies and Kaom's Way, my guess is that they are pretty important? And regarding jewels: Should I rather go for the usual Crimson HP% jewels or is flat HP better? Another guide suggested Searching eye jewels with flat HP and the "0.x% life regenerated while moving" mod, but it took me nearly 500 alts to roll my second one.. :D

I feel very safe against spells, but quite squishy against physical damage. I did Uber lab without big problems, but when I tried Argus he two-shot me. Should I change gear for physical damage fights (let's say Lioneye's shield and a high armor chest?)

Thanks for any answer in advance :)
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
"
Shaileen wrote:

I didn't have yet luck with prophecies and Kaom's Way, my guess is that they are pretty important? And regarding jewels: Should I rather go for the usual Crimson HP% jewels or is flat HP better? Another guide suggested Searching eye jewels with flat HP and the "0.x% life regenerated while moving" mod, but it took me nearly 500 alts to roll my second one.. :D

I feel very safe against spells, but quite squishy against physical damage. I did Uber lab without big problems, but when I tried Argus he two-shot me. Should I change gear for physical damage fights (let's say Lioneye's shield and a high armor chest?)

Thanks for any answer in advance :)

Kaom's way is pretty key for this build. you can play without it but the difference is huge. JUGG RF is built around endurance charge. 9 of those will push your endurance charge from 7 to 9, so 10 extra physical damage reduction. they also provide 9 * 0.8 + 2(extra charges) * 0.2 = 7.6% life regeneration.

For jewels, crimson and viridian are both good. Abyssal jewel is very hard to roll, just look at the number of rolls and you need hit 2 of them. Even in trade league, I have 4 mods normal jewel, but couldn't buy an abyss jewel, because there is none in the market at all.

With a few level and gear upgrade, you shouldn't have issue with argus at all. I don't like lab, so didn't farm it. But it can take shaper slam without any issue. So with decent gear, physical damage shouldn't be an issue.
[Removed by Admin]
Nice guide, interesting to see the progression through levels.
My question is one of cost. I understand this was your league starter, how did you go about gaining currency as the build looks quite expensive? Perhaps a little info in your guide on the matter to help new players.
life recovery or life regenerate rate for watcher eye ?
"
d1rtiq wrote:
life recovery or life regenerate rate for watcher eye ?

life recovery. life regenerate is trash tier. Normally you would have 30% life regen and 10k life.

30 life recovery rate means 30 *0.3 = 9% life regen.
140 life regeneration means 140/10000 = 1.4% life regen,

so that is the difference. 1.4% doesn't even worth the jewel slot.
[Removed by Admin]
What is better to buy first, kaoms Way or heart?
"
pat1441 wrote:
What is better to buy first, kaoms Way or heart?

Kaom's way is a little more important than heart, but you should get these 3 asap.
[Removed by Admin]
"
I've never played RF, and understand the transition can be a little awkward

That said, struggling a bit in SSFHC. I have 1 kika and springleaf, and still degenning pretty hard at 49. I have a Rise of the Pheonix at 65, which I'm sure will help, but at this rate i don't know if I'm gonna make it that far... had a few close calls so far lol.

Level with another skill until you reach Blood Aquaducts. RF is very doable in SSF HC. It's best IMO as Trickster but Jugg is fine too except damage is crap. I'm currently leveling RF Jugg in SSF HC to see how good dps I can get(you can check my character profile) and sustaining regen is easy without any unique.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
What amulet do you recommend before Xoph's? It looks like you got one quite early, but it costs more than all the other gear.
"
Selthor wrote:
What amulet do you recommend before Xoph's? It looks like you got one quite early, but it costs more than all the other gear.

Any rare amulet that fix your resistance, dex, if you can afford some with life, then it will be really good. You can also try marble amulet, but it may not be cheap.
[Removed by Admin]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info