Incursion Skill Gems

"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Orbitalx wrote:
So you won't be able to get a level 21 spell gem that is also a vaal gem right? You will have to chose to either use a level 21 spell gem or a level 20 corrupted one that is a vaal gem and a regular gem. Hmmmmmmm.

Remember that since the gem is now a Vaal gem, it will benefit from +2 to socketed Vaal gems corruptions. So starting with a 20/20 Vaal gem, you will get a 22/20 regular skill, and a 22/20 Vaal skill. Previously you could only get a 22/20 regular skill via a 21/20 gem and a +1 gem level corruption. Now you get the same, with a 22/20 Vaal skill for free.

It only gets complicated if you want a 20/23 skill instead. I don't think there is a way to do this unless Atzoatl allows for double-corrupted gems. (Which is not unreasonable, I think.)

Would not the +2 level only apply on the vaal skill and not the regular skill ?
"
HURTIANCZ wrote:

No, it affects the level of the gem, not the level of a skill. The level of the gem then affects the level of all skills granted by the gem.

Source 1 | Source 2
GREAT NICE COVER UP FOR TRAPS BEING GAY LOL
so what's the next op skill i should go with

went through 23 pages of people complaining
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
HURTIANCZ wrote:

No, it affects the level of the gem, not the level of a skill. The level of the gem then affects the level of all skills granted by the gem.

Source 1 | Source 2

Right, thanks for explaining.

Guess it means that corrupt implicit will be a lot more popular now.
Looks like a lot of fun builds... have to try the new ignite.
Shook Hands with Chris - Check
Got Picture next to Chris - Check
Life Complete - Check
NICE
normal Cold Snap 20/20 in this post has a 120% added damage effectiveness.
However in patch notes, it says "Now has an added damage effectiveness of 180% (up from 120%)."

Mistake in the patch notes or mistake in the gem update?

I first thought the Vaal Cold Snap value was accidentally taken compiling patch notes, but Vaal Cold Snap is listed here with 180% added damage effectiveness (up from 140%), with no change listed in the patch notes.
Last edited by morvekkil on May 31, 2018, 9:09:03 PM
Amazing news guys.
I really don't understand why they left ice trap like that, just compare ice trap with fire trap, same base hit damage both of them but fire trap has some so much secondary effects and added damage, even the damage effectiveness 90% vs 200%!!!!!

Still nice job with all the skills rework really hype to use them!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info