Incursion Skill Gems

Am I the only one wondering about Vaal Lightning Warp? Or was it removed or something?
Last edited by RipRad on May 31, 2018, 12:33:30 PM
This is normal, they always do this, but next time don't post the patch notes earlier than the skill gems, they will create chaos after so many modifications. Maybe one or two that are missing or modified in last hours before launch is accepted, but most of them?
"
Did they just nerf Trap Support gem? Instead of having better supported Trap damage, you get throwing faster? Throwing fast is fine but not if supported Skill has longer cool-down?? It does work better with Lightning Trap since it won't have cool-down.
The damage multiplier was removed because it won't have a cooldown anymore.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Trap Support
  • No longer grants supported skills more trap damage.
  • No longer has a cooldown.
  • Now has a mana multiplier of 110% (down from 140%).
  • Now grants supported skills increased trap throwing speed, up to 10% at gem level 20.
to be fair, nothing looks that interesting tbh. no ice spear, and most of the new skills are traps (sadly).

guess Im playing FP again for the 20th+ time, not that Im complaining with this buff, but couldve used a league off of FP and play something fresh perhaps. Cold Snap seems pretty interesting imho, tho its probably gonna suck ass against bosses, like most selfcast builds do anyways.
Synthesised Synthesis of Synthetic Synthesising
-----------------------------------------------
Revert 3.7 melee changes | Tfw Synthesis still not core | REVERT SUNDER
-----------------------------------------------
IGN: JustineㆍFlorbelle [Removed by Support] imagine being a forum janitor lmao
Last edited by kole on Apr 28, 2020, 2:03:43 AM
No Ice Nova
No Ice Spear
No Vortex

Ice Trap nerfed (while light/fire buffed)
Cold Snap pre-nerfed (Arc, Fireball ... really strong)
Freezing Pulse buffed (Oh, streamers needs something while leveling!? Maybe, just a projectile buff!?)

Why care about cold skills or AOE ? It is so op... you can freeze Shaper and clean twice as fast as any projectile build atm.

"It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well." - Descartes
Last edited by fenix12ginho on May 31, 2018, 1:08:33 PM
"
Joker wrote:
"
Did they just nerf Trap Support gem? Instead of having better supported Trap damage, you get throwing faster? Throwing fast is fine but not if supported Skill has longer cool-down?? It does work better with Lightning Trap since it won't have cool-down.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Trap Support
  • Now grants supported skills increased trap throwing speed, up to 10% at gem level 20.

Yeah, but that's still a straight nerf to the support.

Even though they increased the max amount of traps, you're going to hit that cap super quick ...so it will be just as if you had a cooldown on it again. And unless you play super specifically, like with sunblast / jewel support ...your traps are just not triggering fast enough compared to how fast ( or now the new intended design of throwing traps really fast ) you're placing them.

If you're still hindered by the cap of your traps ...
..or moving around a lot, like to avoid instant death boss mechanics...
....missing that extra 40% damage is huge.

And don't get me started on the whole needing as much damage as possible per hit for ailments.
Last edited by JoeShmo on May 31, 2018, 1:18:53 PM
I'm a PoE player so i'm never happy and i feel important to mention it in this thread.

KIDDING ! Great job :) Might go out of my tombstone and play this one.

Additional layer of irony:

Will wait two weeks, to avoid dupe bugs, server issues, and so on :^)
Hf :)
"
JoeShmo wrote:
"
Joker wrote:
"

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Trap Support

Yeah, but that's still a straight nerf to the support.

Even though they increased the max amount of traps, you're going to hit that cap super quick ...so it will be just as if you had a cooldown on it again. And unless you play super specifically, like with sunblast / jewel support ...your traps are just not triggering fast enough compared to how fast ( or now the new intended design of throwing traps really fast ) you're placing them.

If you're still hindered by the cap of your traps ...
..or moving around a lot, like to avoid instant death boss mechanics...
....missing that extra 40% damage is huge.

And don't get me started on the whole needing as much damage as possible per hit for ailments.

Ya, without a multiplier on trap support I see no reason to play any traps other than the ones that come as traps to begin with and skills that benefit from the mechanics, like ice/shock nova, vortex, and bow skills with point blank.
[Removed by Support]
Ignite is unfortunately still not a good choice. At least, investing in ignite does not have a large opportunity cost any more as all those nodes are quite decent in delivering fire damage, but it does not change the fact that ignite as a mechanic is not working.

- it can not stack, unlike poison or bleed (with keystone). It actually deals less damage than bleed without keystone.
- it does not have a positive feedback loop, unlike poison through vile toxins support
- it does not profit from increased attack/cast speed, unlike poison
- it does not profit from increased duration, unlike poison
- ignite prolif sounds cool, but there is no problem of spreading ignites - at least now that 100% ignite chance is easily obtained.

The current ignite would work very well in a world where we had strong, slow, single target attacks that were hard to scale towards AoE. In that world, being able to create and spread ignites would be bonkers, as ignites would just melt everything around the hard hit. I hoped that the explosion of infernal blow could be utilized in this manner, but right now the numbers still don't add up - and as the explosion is AoE and probably killing everything around it, Herald of ash would work better than ignite proliferate.

A fix would be to make ignites start strong and let them get weaker over time. Alternatively, applying ignite on enemies that are already ignited should have an effect (prolif build in? a part of its remaining damage is applied instantly as AoE? maybe as burning ground?)
Last edited by UlfgardLeo on May 31, 2018, 1:54:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info